So how do people find me so easily?

RoosterLive

Is there some sort of scanner I'm not aware of? I've hid in places like ragnarok waterfalls were you can literally drive into the graphics and completely be invisible from view, I've hidden deep in woods, in caves. Everywhere so how are people finding me so quickly? I log out for a few hours come back to everything destroyed and I've only been gone hours and this happens on servers with 3-5 players online. So these people are either searching every single part of the map to find me and doing it very quickly or there is something I'm not aware of that makes me visible from the air?

14 minutes ago, RoosterLive said:

Is there some sort of scanner I'm not aware of? I've hid in places like ragnarok waterfalls were you can literally drive into the graphics and completely be invisible from view, I've hidden deep in woods, in caves. Everywhere so how are people finding me so quickly? I log out for a few hours come back to everything destroyed and I've only been gone hours and this happens on servers with 3-5 players online. So these people are either searching every single part of the map to find me and doing it very quickly or there is something I'm not aware of that makes me visible from the air?

If they have Tek tier the Tek Helmet has a pulse mode which highlights survivors and creatures in the area.  They could also have their graphics set down lower to make it easier to see through trees and ground clutter.  Or they could be admins that are admin abusing if you are playing on unofficial.  Whatever it is it sounds like you are playing on a very unfriendly server, I suggest you move.

I see well thanks for the advice but i find it hard to believe that somebody is checking these spots every single hour of the day although I guess thats what they must be doing :D. I can't find a server that isn't hostile and I don't know many alpha tribes, I might have to go to an unofficial as much as I like the extra fear of being the target of larger tribes and other beach bobs I just can't get off the ground, takes me a few hours to build up and a few seconds to be knocked down. Don't the alpha tribe players have nothing better to do than hassle noobs though? Like isn't there some big game they could be going after like what Hydra are doing now on 190? I just don't see the excitement in blowing up an offline noobs stone house and I would say karma is a bitch but these a-holes seem to thrive in this game and karma clearly isnt a bitch here. Am going to keep trying on the official server PVE doesn't interest me and I'd rather be official than unofficial but I don't know how many more times I will rebuild before giving up. I've tried to make friends with people on each server nobody seems interested and most of them are extremely toxic. I could name a few tribes I've  come into contact with that just seem to be filled with childish immature kids but I won't call any of them out.

1 hour ago, RoosterLive said:

I see well thanks for the advice but i find it hard to believe that somebody is checking these spots every single hour of the day although I guess thats what they must be doing :D. I can't find a server that isn't hostile and I don't know many alpha tribes, I might have to go to an unofficial as much as I like the extra fear of being the target of larger tribes and other beach bobs I just can't get off the ground, takes me a few hours to build up and a few seconds to be knocked down. Don't the alpha tribe players have nothing better to do than hassle noobs though? Like isn't there some big game they could be going after like what Hydra are doing now on 190? I just don't see the excitement in blowing up an offline noobs stone house and I would say karma is a bitch but these a-holes seem to thrive in this game and karma clearly isnt a bitch here. Am going to keep trying on the official server PVE doesn't interest me and I'd rather be official than unofficial but I don't know how many more times I will rebuild before giving up. I've tried to make friends with people on each server nobody seems interested and most of them are extremely toxic. I could name a few tribes I've  come into contact with that just seem to be filled with childish immature kids but I won't call any of them out.

Today you are a noob in a stone house and tomorrow a FOB for an invading force.

As for detection: troodons have some of tek helmet's functionality and aberration's glow pets can detect enemy players from range. Just a possibility.

It's possible you think you're hiding, but you're actually built on a pathway frequented by people in the skies.  Having a fire lit at night instantly lets those people see you when they fly over.  Also, everyone can see when you log in.  Once we see a name we don't know log in once or twice in the same day, we go on a hunt to see who they are and where they're building.  It's not hard to search every player spawn area.  If you build nowhere near a natural player spawn area, you'll have a better chance of survival.  Also, the aberration charge light pets tell their users when an enemy player is within a relatively large radius.  Flying low and slow over areas with a pet on your shoulder makes finding the general area you're hiding in quite easy.

4 hours ago, RoosterLive said:

Don't let it get you too down, I would consider PVE or single player since 90% of the community you are going to run into in game is toxic.  PVE has tribe warfare so you can still enjoy some PVP aspects with a little consent instead of just getting mauled by Zergs filled to the brim with 12 year olds.

5 hours ago, RoosterLive said:

Have you tried the pvp orp servers? 15mins after you log off, you are protected until you log back in again.. Is good when you are learning the game but still want the pvp aspect. 

I am with a big tribe and we pretty much got this 1 server locked down and we get rid of all the beach noobs and stone building because if there is a raid how can a stone base help defend the server if they don't have turrets or big tames to help with defense. that's just my opinion of the situation. Hate to sound rude but at the end of the day you might have to find a fresh wiped server.  

7 hours ago, RoosterLive said:

It usually because people scout the hidden spots. It's not that they're flying around looking for you specifically...it's that they're flying by hidden spots either looking for a place to build themselves, or looking to see if someone built there. Many of those spots have their exact coordinates posted in the Wiki and on various forums, basically making them the least hidden spots you can build in.

If it is a mega owned server they have people out checking all the good hiding spots and scouting the server often.  They watch battlemetrics and know when non tribe players have been on for a while and go look for them.  The reason being megas constantly grief and try to raid each other, and if they don't lock the server down and guard it they will get hit.

On ‎1‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 11:49 PM, RoosterLive said:

If you are playing on Official servers and your fairly certain no one is using cheats/ESP (which is unlikely anyway) then the most likely reason you are being found in the middle deep, dark comes down to a few game settings and tricks.

One is that your base has become large enough that is depleted an area of trees making it very easy to spot from the air ie a strange clearing in the middle of the forest. The only real solution to this is to build a small base.

The second is that a good PVP player will be using low GFX which is actually a flaw in the design of the game. Unfortunately this game doesn't reward you at all for running it like in the trailers, having the game look pretty will only impede your ability to win PVP fights. Basically if you put your graphics to low and in particular view distance to low and use certain launch commands you can essentially remove shadows and leaves from the game. In addition given enough range trees will render without branches and rocks won't render at all. Basically any harvest/destructible resource won't render. The effect of this is you could be hiding behind a big rock and a guy a long distance away will see you just standing there as if you are out in the open. He won't be able to spyglass you nor shoot you but none the less he knows where you are.

The third possibly explanation is by using the broken "K Mode/Vanity Camera" to look under the map. This mode makes it very easy to spot hidden bases when you are rather close and the above options don't work. Any base's foundations will clearly show as will players and tames.

The only way Wildcard could successfully fix these issues would be to declare that there is no valid reason why someone should be trying to run our game on a computer from 2005 or earlier and therefore low render distance isn't a valid option. This might marginally impact their sales though so they probably won't do it. K Mode though can definitely be fixed if they try. They could always just disable it for PVP servers since its basically a PVE feature anyway. 

Anyways these issues have been in the game since day 1 so don't hold your breathe on them getting fixed anytime soon.

Archived