Jump to content
Darkblood

Dungeon Loot Crates in aberration

Recommended Posts

Bottonline question (TLDR): are you guys getting to find any Dungeon Crates at all at Aberration's dungeons?

--------------

READ BEFORE YOU ANSWER: the Aberration map has 3 kinds of loot drops (source): 

     (1) Crates: those are found around the "underground" part of the map (most of the map), on the Mushroom Forest, Rivers, Blue Marshes, etc... These are the weakest kind of loot chests, they look like the crates you find in caves on The Island map.

     (2) Surface Beacons: the spaceship looking things that drop from the sky, like what we had in The Island map, they are only found in the surface part of the map. The contents better than those in the crates (1) above.

    (3) Dungeon Crates: I have no idea where these are supposed to spawn. Most people seem to assume (and the resource maps in the wiki show that) they should spawn in Aberration's three "dungeons" (I guess they needed a better name than cave because, you know, the whole place is a cave). These are the places where you go for the artifacts. My expectation is that they should be better than even the surface ones (as it is much easier to farm the surface ones once you get Drakes or fast Ravagers)

MY PROBLEM: we are just not finding any of these Dungeon Crates (3), we have swept the Old Railway Cave  (so much for the "dungeon" terminology) and the  Hidden Grotto many times and only once we found a yellow chest (right above the Hidden Grotto's waterfalls). It is not even clear that this Yellow chest was not simply one of the crates in (1), as it had some mediocre item in it.

So is anyone find crates at these "dungeons". Are they being any better than the "cave" ones?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ZyraSeedling said:

I haven't gotten on in a couple days, but I can confirm personally at least 6 crate locations in the red zone cave. All yellow or red. Take Drakes in

I can confirm this too, I know of only 6. Only red and yellow.

I went in with 8 sets of hazmat, and didn’t leave for almost 5 hours. Finding only one drop in one of those 6 locations every 20-50 minutes. Each drop has a timer like all the other drops (might even decay faster, with how many I missed), and will disappear if you don’t catch it in time. Making me miss quite a few while fighting off the hundreds of Dino’s waiting by them.

The loot is equal to a surface drop of the same color with a ring though(same table), 4/13 items were ascendant, remainder was journeyman or apprentice.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, so apparently the last dungeon ( in the Red Zone, called "Elemental Vault", with the Stalker artifact) has these chests in it, but the other two dungeons do not.

Is that intended? Or a bug? (anyone ever get a dev statement about this?)

I would naively expect to have "dungeon crates" in all three dungeons, even if the easier ones would be Blue or Purple (they do have Blue and Purple Dungeon Crates in the game, after all)

(thanks for all the answers, btw)

Edited by Darkblood

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Darkblood said:

Ok, so apparently the last dungeon ( in the Red Zone, called "Elemental Vault", with the Stalker artifact) has these chests in it, but the other two dungeons do not.

Is that intended? Or a bug? (anyone ever get a dev statement about this?)

I would naively expect to have "dungeon crates" in all three dungeons, even if the easier ones would be Blue or Purple (they do have Blue and Purple Crates in the game, after all)

The other two dungeons do have crates, I can also confirm 2 crate locations in both of the two. The issue is as stated in my earlier post, they all have timers and don’t respawn for quite a while. The other two dungeons are a bit harder to navigate to locate a drop as well, being narrow and full of enemies.

I have not heard a word about the design of the dungeon drops, but their decay and cooldown makes them less worth the venture while knowing their loot table is the same as the surface, and more often than not get less desirable items(of good quality however).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, FirstToFire said:

The other two dungeons do have crates, I can also confirm 2 crate locations in both of the two. The issue is as stated in my earlier post, they all have timers and don’t respawn for quite a while. The other two dungeons are a bit harder to navigate to locate a drop as well, being narrow and full of enemies.

I have not heard a word about the design of the dungeon drops, but their decay and cooldown makes them less worth the venture while knowing their loot table is the same as the surface, and more often than not get less desirable items(of good quality however).

That is a bit unfortunate... I wish the would have some setting wich would allow server admins to set these timers / spawn rates.

I run a cluster with three servers (currently running Island / Ragnarok / Aberration, but transfers to and from Aberration are forbidden right now). As an admin I can customize the loot tables (WC tables are lacking in many respects).

In the other maps the "dungeon" drops have better loot and much higher chance for blueprints, as the risk is increased. In Aberration I made the surface drops better than the chests you find underground, but not much better (no increased blueprint change, for instance) as they are not really hard to farm (they spawn really quickly, in a single "night out" you can get 10 or more drops). I intended to make the dungeon ones much better, but it is no use if people never find them.

(there is some hope in the Red Dungeon, most players in our server didn't explore that one yet)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Darkblood said:

In the other maps the "dungeon" drops have better loot and much higher chance for blueprints, as the risk is increased. In Aberration I made the surface drops better than the chests you find underground, but not much better (no increased blueprint change, for instance) as they are not really hard to farm (they spawn really quickly, in a single "night out" you can get 10 or more drops). I intended to make the dungeon ones much better, but it is no use if people never find them.

But wouldn’t that be more reason to make them even better? To make it so all the hard work of looking for them pays off? They are there, very hard to get them, but they exist. Especially in the Vault, I have now confirmed all 9 of the listed locations(all but one are extremely easy to find once you know the cave like the back of your hand), and go there every night for hours at a time. I would say for every 2 hours I put in there, I get 3-4 crates(2-3 items each crate, roughly 15% are ascendant quality, 20% mastercraft, 30% journey, 30% apperentice, 5% ramshackle. Based on findings). Where it might seem underwhelming, once you get a BP of good quality, that item you can have unlimited of and never need to go back to get more. So the time investment in the hunt is a small thing when you can get end-game things for basic materials.

I would say go for it, make the dungeons worth the while. Harder to get, but gives them incentive to explore. The only reason I got into them was because my tribe leader was dying to find out what kind of loot they had, and there was no info on the web about them other than their (approximate) locations and crate level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, i have not spent any time in the blue zone cave, and not much in the green zone cave. I did get a red crate down inside the water of the green cave (1st chamber with enemies). It had a MC sword in it and something else.

 

Want to go search the red cave more but have not gotten to play at all in 4 days:|

Tonight...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The best loot I found was in dungeon beacons and on the surface, but the regular underground beacons do just suck.

In 90% of the time I find Fish Trap BPs, even in yellow and purple ones. Sometimes crop plot BPs and Glowstick BPs.
Rarely, very very verily rarely I find gems such as a Metal Shield.

I find these supply beacons super useless, they really need some looking into.
Since the "beacon override" option in the server.ini files requires a doctor grade education to understand - I can't and won't modify.
Also since the server.ini files are getting totally blank'd and wip'd when they reach a certain file size, I can't even go there... Happened to me last time I've added verified beacon overrides for all aberration supply beacons into my INI file.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've only opened 1 dungeon crate so far but the loot really surprised me (in a positive way). It's the crate in the Old Railway Cave relatively at the beginning; right of the water pit on the narrow path and before the first tunnel (not counting the first tunnel where nothing spawn). If there's nothing spawning in your way then you can get it naked. Or lure the predators down into the pit with  the karkinos and come back quick.

When the crate was blue I got a 241% ascendant longneck rifle and a 173% mastercraft shotgun. When it was purple I got a journeyman climbing pick blueprint and an apprentice flak pants blueprint.

Edited by AdligerAdler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, RoyHess666 said:

Since the "beacon override" option in the server.ini files requires a doctor grade education to understand - I can't and won't modify.

I can share my ini files if you want. We have been using it on our servers for a while, so I guess they are tested.

(I lol-ed hard now, because I actually have a PhD - not that it made a difference in this case)

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Darkblood said:

I can share my ini files if you want. We have been using it on our servers for a while, so I guess they are tested.

(I lol-ed hard now, because I actually have a PhD - not that it made a difference in this case)

Maybe that did made a change ;)
In any case, I've noticed on my testserver, when the config file reached a certain size... dunno 4KB perhaps, the game server - on startup - completely cleared the file, odd behavior this one.
If you want, you can post your section of the config file here, or use the pastebin website for that.

Never forget to wipe out your passwords!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/2/2018 at 2:36 AM, Janexlolz said:

Guys, could you give coordinates for those 6 drop locations at Stalker Cave?

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Explorer_Map_(Aberration) I got the coords off this map (pc is better than phone or tablet here, hover your cursor over the icon) it can be used for the other caves as well. Check dungeon crates on theside

We have actually found 8 of the 9 for red zone cave. (Bottom center of the map)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/02/2018 at 3:19 PM, ZyraSeedling said:

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Explorer_Map_(Aberration) I got the coords off this map (pc is better than phone or tablet here, hover your cursor over the icon) it can be used for the other caves as well. Check dungeon crates on theside

We have actually found 8 of the 9 for red zone cave. (Bottom center of the map)

 

Have you set up base next to them with bed and chest to loot, leave in chest, die and come back later for loot?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, I can’t get pictures to upload from my phone so I’m gonna try my best to explain the drop locations in the Element Vault and how to navigate to them. I’ve found all 9 and go there daily to hunt, respawns are roughly between 20 and 30 minutes per crate spawn(not per crate despawn/consume)

As you enter, on the right side ledge closest to the enterance of the dungeon, the first flat platform has the first drop. Further down the path, if you stay to the left side wall and turn left at the split, on the ground in front of the wall ahead has drop number 2. Continuing that way, climb up the wall by drop 2, and on the platform above that wall(broken metal structure to your left) there is drop number 3. Just across from drop 3 and the metal structure there is a small platform with a blue crystal that is attached to a spire, there is drop 4. Back by drop 3, if you you look towards the waterfall from the same platform, just to the right of the waterfall there is a small overlook that protrudes from a hallway, on that overlook is drop 5. Same spot, looking at the waterfall, look to the left of the waterfall and down towards the lake below, there is a flat platform just 6m or so from the lake, drop 6 is on that. Once more, same spot, look to the left of the waterfall but at player level, there is another platform across the lake usually with tons of Dinos, the backside of that platform has drop 7. Now you want to head behind the waterfall, entering the cove behind the waterfall from the platform with drop 3, the drop(8) is on the right. And last drop, from behind the waterfall, you want to look at the waterfall but to the left, there is a strangely small ledge that wraps around to a slightly wider one. In that corner of the small ledge is the last drop.

To recap(using a drake), one drop can be spotted from the enterance, on the platform with drop #3 a total of 5 drops can be visibly seen, one drop is visible from the back of the platform across from drop 3, and hanging on the wall to the left of the waterfall 2 more drops can be seen. Makes it easy to hunt if you use that pattern.

Hope that helped everyone, happy hunting!

  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×