when will wildcard realize that pvp and pve need different set of rules/rates?

OttoGrunf

8 hours ago, ChargingParacerParacer said:

I never said anythinh about Officials did I? Calm your condescending little triggered self down. ?

Not my fault that me and others are obviously more creative than supposed professionals, it's WC for being so below-par at execution of product.

I wouldn’t call them below par I think most indie game companies view there games as art. So they want it to be appreciated as such, for what it is in some aspects. I’m not sure if I would ever mess with some of the core elements of this game anyhow I think there’s a huge silent majority who like it just the way it is. Plus there have already been to many games who changed the core of there games and ruined there sequels the last few years let’s hope for a new trend this year. 

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, DJRone89 said:

I tried to agree with your earlier comments until I re read them and realised you disagreed with the flyer nerf and thought it killed the fun in the game.

Guess what buddy, I play PvE mostly and welcome most nerfs because it adds more challenge to the game - challenge gives more fun and enjoyment because it’s not as easy to achieve the same thing.

You claim you can do a better job but that’s laughable when you can’t even accept major changes that actually give balance.

Good for you. All it did for me is take awat freedom of choice and added tedium to a game that isn't all that hard in the first place. Fact of it is this is one of the easiest 'survival' games out there and removing the fuction of stats does nothing to make this game legitimately more difficult.

4 hours ago, LouSpowells said:

A thinly veiled insult to deflect the point you can't address followed by a clearly absurd comment to justify your entitlement again.

Well, you're welcome to ignore the point. I'm not stopping you. Shout that "proper balance" stuff from the rooftops if you like. Wait! Here's an idea: You go ahead and keep begging Wildcard to implement your preferred (and obviously super creative) settings on the servers they pay for and offer to you for free. In the meantime I'll be playing on a cluster with the settings I prefer. We can have a race to see who has fun first.

...and I just won the race. So triggered. :(

Cute rant, damn shame it's of strawmen. 

The only lne here talking about Officials is you. All I've ever asked for is for them to make it optional to get rid of a clearly garbage decision that my single player world never needed in the first place. Nice job showing you don't read what you snark at though.

They quickly made respec limit and turret nerf optional for all the people that didnt like those changes, which is funny because they bring actual balance to all modes; less turrets even makes the game run better.  Nearly a full year later and they still stubbornly refuse to make Flyer nerf revert a simple switch in the settings. The only way on console to 'fix' it is bump stam high for all dinos and weight times 2 while turning stamdrain down a little too, but that just breaks balance for all the other dinos.

There's been quite a few changes brought on by PVP that just made PVE an SP less fun, and likewise there's been a few changes to fix a PVE problem that PVPers will say made their mode worse. Changes need to only apply for certain modes. They have partialky done so with PVE dinos not being able to carty by default but that is nowhere near good enough.

5 hours ago, mattress said:

I wouldn’t call them below par I think most indie game companies view there games as art. So they want it to be appreciated as such, for what it is in some aspects. I’m not sure if I would ever mess with some of the core elements of this game anyhow I think there’s a huge silent majority who like it just the way it is. Plus there have already been to many games who changed the core of there games and ruined there sequels the last few years let’s hope for a new trend this year. 

To me personally they are below, especially since they now charge 60$ for this game. IMO most of the mechanics aren't deep enough to have kept me entertained for a long time, plus taking things completely out and leaving it broken sometimes. I agree games need to not go and change core mechanics around because it doesn't always end up better.

On 1/23/2018 at 7:21 AM, ChargingParacerParacer said:

Cute rant, damn shame it's of strawmen. 

Why is my argument a strawman? Let's explore that question. You stated:

On 1/23/2018 at 7:21 AM, ChargingParacerParacer said:

The only lne here talking about Officials is you. All I've ever asked for is for them to make it optional to get rid of a clearly garbage decision that my single player world never needed in the first place. Nice job showing you don't read what you snark at though.

You're telling me that I don't read posts before responding, and that my argument is a strawman because - according to you - "The only Ine [sic] talking about Officials is you." You're implying that I changed the nature of the discussion to win an argument (<-definition of strawman)...and stating that I don't read posts before responding.

Honestly and truly, I'm still having trouble understanding your reasons for and line of attack. I'm having trouble understanding because the post I read and responded to before you dove in was directly referring to Official PvP servers:

On 1/18/2018 at 3:24 AM, OttoGrunf said:

i remember pre crossark times, when largest tribes where like 10-15 people, it was possible to come to server, build yourself up (especially on events) and wipe them. now having those megatribes its just matter of time where their sheer numbers will prevail. but i get it, wildcard members dont play official pvp and they cant realize or comprehand whats goin on there, but can at least listen to players.

I was talking about official servers because that's what the OP was talking about. I don't mean to sound snarky in saying this, but your frustration with me could have been entirely avoided had you read the first post of the thread.

I hope you can take it down a notch now. It would be appreciated.

Honestly they're never going to put in a PVE versus PVP rule-based system. This is been a ongoing topic of discussion since the game launched and it has been a huge frustration for anyone who plays PVE because all the changes they make are generally related to PVP and balancing PVP. I remember the days when guns actually did stuff to dinos and turrets actually damaged dinos in PVE (they're still a viable base defense it just takes a lot more of them to do it now). The thing with PVE I honestly think most people find alluring isn't the initial grind but rather the base building aspects and the trading, I seen a lot of that in PVE unofficials and officials I've gone to but like i said this topic is pretty much day 1 old and if they were going to implement this type of balance they probably would have done it by now.

Guest DJRone89
10 minutes ago, OtterlyRidiculous said:

Honestly they're never going to put in a PVE versus PVP rule-based system. This is been a ongoing topic of discussion since the game launched and it has been a huge frustration for anyone who plays PVE because all the changes they make are generally related to PVP and balancing PVP. I remember the days when guns actually did stuff to dinos and turrets actually damaged dinos in PVE (they're still a viable base defense it just takes a lot more of them to do it now). The thing with PVE I honestly think most people find alluring isn't the initial grind but rather the base building aspects and the trading, I seen a lot of that in PVE unofficials and officials I've gone to but like i said this topic is pretty much day 1 old and if they were going to implement this type of balance they probably would have done it by now.

Err the guns had a pretty big buff to them a few months back for PvP reasons that had a positive knock on effect to PvE. The assualt rifle and pump action shotgun have less spread and more accurate fire with boosted DPS. But we’ll just sweep that under the carpet, right?

Err the guns had a pretty big buff to them a few months back for PvP reasons that had a positive knock on effect to PvE. The assualt rifle and pump action shotgun have less spread and more accurate fire with boosted DPS. But we’ll just sweep that under the carpet, right?
Actually I didn't know about that. I kind of stopped using weapons on any Dino due to the the Nerf that hit so hard. Ill have to go back and see if they are worth keeping in the hot bar again

Guest DJRone89
7 minutes ago, OtterlyRidiculous said:
14 minutes ago, DJRone89 said:

Actually I didn't know about that. I kind of stopped using weapons on any Dino due to the the Nerf that hit so hard. Ill have to go back and see if they are worth keeping in the hot bar again

Decent quality pump action shotguns are strong AF, and assault rifles are worth using now, and with no bullet drop, you can tackle wilds from a distance.

11 hours ago, Saeora said:

I just wish they kept imprint speed bonus on fliers. 

There were a handful of us trying to advocate for that, but every time someone brought the idea up they would get shouted down and berated by an angry mob of folks who refused to accept that Wildcard was going to finally balance move-speed whether everyone wanted it or not. Personally, I'm under the impression it would have been a pretty solid compromise...but I'm not even sure the devs heard it over the sound of vitriolic defiance and aggressive ultimatums.

Hopefully at some point they might revisit the topic...but at this point it would surprise me if they did considering the demeanor of the "Revert or Die!" crowd thus far. I'd imagine if WC made even one single change to flyer speed, the same people as last time will start another multi-forum and social media riot demanding a full revert. lol

Archived