Aberration vs Other maps

Mjsechrest

Just wondering if anyone has compared metal gathering on aberration vs the other maps. 

We can fill up 8 industrial forges in 20 minutes with one crab and anky living in the edge , and on other maps it would take exponentially longer. We have more metal than we've ever had just sitting in random vaults and tames, and compared to living on the island it's like a paradise. And metal is just one thing that's easier to get. Stone is filthy easy with a crab and doedic. (With a grinder it turns into flint for easy gunpowder production) Need cp? Fill a vault by killing glowbugs or mining bones in the caves (but you'll have so much chitin from arthro and dung beetles you'll never need to) 

i just feel like it's a hell of a map for resource gathering in general  (of course there are things that could be done easier on other maps) but metal on this map is like a gift from the gods. How are you guys feeling resource wise on aberration ?

Metal is indeed way easier to come by on Aberration, but that doesn't necessarily make it easier.
You'll be hard-pressed obtaining oil and cementing paste compared to the other maps as growing crops and maintaining your base is harder.
At least that's the impression we have on our server. Metal literally falls from the sky, but oil, pearls etc are a different thing.

5 minutes ago, Olivar said:

Metal is indeed way easier to come by on Aberration, but that doesn't necessarily make it easier.
You'll be hard-pressed obtaining oil and cementing paste compared to the other maps as growing crops and maintaining your base is harder.
At least that's the impression we have on our server. Metal literally falls from the sky, but oil, pearls etc are a different thing.

Pearls aren't too bad with an angler but I'll agree oil isn't necessarily fun. Gotta make some adventures to the surface with an anky to really get oil production flowing but it's rather dangerous obviously. With a good crab and anky you can probably bring back 10k oil in one run I guess but the consumption rates are crap so you'll be burning through that fast even still. Yeah growing crops is a pain I'll agree      To be honest the only thing I hate getting is crystal but I'm sure there's big spots I haven't seen yet 

Just now, Olivar said:

Oh yeah, crystal :D
Painful as well.
We mostly go #hardcore and collect our crystals from harvesting the green and blue gems.
Terribly slow, but it works mostly for our needs.

Yeah surface runs for oil are a pain, but when combined with a few drops, very rewarding :D

Yeah I was getting oil yesterday and turned around and saw a red drop. 78 armor ascendant spino saddle :) you never know what you'll find up there. I also found a mc pike bp and then sun came up and it was 90% day   Rip pike bp 2018

1 hour ago, Olivar said:

Paste: Get a frog. Lick glowbugs. 

2 hours ago, Olivar said:

Metal literally falls from the sky, but oil, pearls etc are a different thing.

For pearls, tame an angler in the blue biome, place a fish trap down next to it, There s an option to pick up your angler, it has a short spoil timer, but transport it to the fertile lake (opposite direction of the eels :) ), pearls for days.

Metal, stone, poly, and flint are abundant.

Raw oil is tricky, but it's a one time deal, just need to build the base once, for gas upkeep just use the gas collectors and green gems. I killed trilobites for a few hours and probably got like 3k oil on evo event. 

6 minutes ago, waterKeeper said:

For pearls, tame an angler in the blue biome, place a fish trap down next to it, There s an option to pick up your angler, it has short spoil timer, but transport it to the fertile lake, pearls for days.

Oh we have had one.
It just died last week, which is why I forgot about it.
Usually it's Meshi doing the pearl collecting.

21 minutes ago, Sharpshot879 said:

Why do people need raw oil out of curiosity?Haven’t played in a while.

making jerky, crafting some industrial machines and it's the general method for making gasoline... another way: 

Spoiler

in a chem bench you can use 20 green gems and 20 congealed gas balls to make 5 gasoline each craft

Archived