What is the Next dlc's theme?

Spinoman

10 minutes ago, Wazzamaniac said:

There is a spoiler for it at the end of aberration ascension :)

There's that, although it's not much of a spoiler, just showing the locale, but I've heard a couple of rumors that it's going to be hybrids, as that one community crunch where someone asked if we'll be getting canonized Dodorex/wyvern and the devs hinted at it coming in the 3rd

13 minutes ago, SubtendedCrib8 said:

There's that, although it's not much of a spoiler, just showing the locale, but I've heard a couple of rumors that it's going to be hybrids, as that one community crunch where someone asked if we'll be getting canonized Dodorex/wyvern and the devs hinted at it coming in the 3rd

Witch one is that And do you have a link

21 minutes ago, Spinoman said:

Witch one is that And do you have a link

Survivor DromaeoSapiens asks, “What will be the fate of the Dodorex now that the game in officially released? Will it remain a holiday event creature or do you guys have something else is mind?”

25 minutes ago, SubtendedCrib8 said:

Survivor DromaeoSapiens asks, “What will be the fate of the Dodorex now that the game in officially released? Will it remain a holiday event creature or do you guys have something else is mind?”

Thank you

28 minutes ago, PuffyPony said:

SPOILER ENCLOSED! If you don't want spoilers, don't look :)

Reveal hidden contents

At the end of Aberration, you ascend, hurtle toward Earth, and land on a new ARK. The atmospheric barriers of the ARK drop, and you're on a desolate, lava-covered planet. ARK: Extinction will be on Earth

I would assume that the ark in the 3rd dlc is maybe a crashed ark of sorts?

I would personally love to see tek robotic creatures roaming the landscape, like Horizon Zero dawn :)

2 hours ago, Thegeekgroundhog said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duurqX4KOBQ  Note this is really an huge spoil, don't click if you don't want to be spoiled !

1 hour ago, PuffyPony said:

SPOILER ENCLOSED! If you don't want spoilers, don't look :)

Reveal hidden contents

At the end of Aberration, you ascend, hurtle toward Earth, and land on a new ARK. The atmospheric barriers of the ARK drop, and you're on a desolate, lava-covered planet. ARK: Extinction will be on Earth

Awesome, thanks guys! I don't mind the spoilers, I only really delved into the lore and story of Ark in the last few days since Aberration and it has me fascinated!! It's cool there's so much depth to the world and what is going on underneath what appears to be so simple on the surface.

So is the assumption that Extinction (is that name confirmed?) will revolve around the extinction of homo sapiens before they evolved to homo deus? Or is the thoughts that it will be afterwards and more about discovering what catastrophe happened on Earth and left it ruined and homo deus endangered?

12 minutes ago, thisispreston said:

Awesome, thanks guys! I don't mind the spoilers, I only really delved into the lore and story of Ark in the last few days since Aberration and it has me fascinated!! It's cool there's so much depth to the world and what is going on underneath what appears to be so simple on the surface.

So is the assumption that Extinction (is that name confirmed?) will revolve around the extinction of homo sapiens before they evolved to homo deus? Or is the thoughts that it will be afterwards and more about discovering what catastrophe happened on Earth and left it ruined and homo deus endangered?

1 hour ago, Wazzamaniac said:

I would personally love to see tek robotic creatures roaming the landscape, like Horizon Zero dawn :)

Someone said steam updated to confirm that the next one is ARK: Extinction. But I'd imagine so--we'll probably find out what happened (or is happening) with Homo deus, and I imagine we'll run into a lot of hybrid creatures since, based on Homo deus DNA alone, there is some next-level genetic engineering going on

1 hour ago, PuffyPony said:

Someone said steam updated to confirm that the next one is ARK: Extinction. But I'd imagine so--we'll probably find out what happened (or is happening) with Homo deus, and I imagine we'll run into a lot of hybrid creatures since, based on Homo deus DNA alone, there is some next-level genetic engineering going on

Yea definitely, hence dodorex and dodowyvern. I am willing to bet that once the dlc is out, the bossfight at the end will allow full ascension.

Btw how do i make a spoiler tag? I wanna add something

1 hour ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Yea definitely, hence dodorex and dodowyvern. I am willing to bet that once the dlc is out, the bossfight at the end will allow full ascension.

Btw how do i make a spoiler tag? I wanna add something

When you go to post, look for the little symbol in the toolbar at the top that looks like an eye. It'll create a Spoilers box that you can type in

4 hours ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Spoiler

It's definitely on Earth, and if you pay close attention you can see what appears to be other ARKs possibly falling from the sky, indicating that whatever powers them is starting to shut down/run out. If I had to guess I'd say that we're going to learn what caused the destruction of Earth, why humans built the ARKs and cloned people for it, and going out on a limb here, will most likely take place on a larger map as after the artificial sky fades you can see another obelisk in the distance that wasn't visible until the sky faded, which means we might get elements from each of the ARKs in one way or another

7 hours ago, GerbilRex said:

Yes, hybrids have a good chance of being in a world like that :) also it's called Extinction so maybe there'll be volcanoes and stuff like that all over the place - a wasteland of an ARK. Remember the days when we had ARKS completely unimpacted by technology?

How do you know it’s called extinction?

Guessing - the ARK which you see in the schematic will be a startplace, and there'l be several more just like it - but desert and cave. The middle bit between them will be a place like aberration's surface - you don't go there often. That place which you landed on is a fragment of The Island, and the other two will be fragments of the other DLCs.

Archived