Mutate

DeeGT86

55 minutes ago, ForzaProiettile said:

Yes but its only a random chance you will get a mutation and some of the mutations are worthless ie the colour mutations.

To my understanding, a colour mutation is always paired with a stat mutation and vice versa. That is, if you get a stat mutation, you also got a colour mutation and if you see a colour mutation, you got a stat mutation as well.

However, in practice, you don't see all the mutations (which is why you can get just a colour mutation or just a stat mutation), since you can get the colour mutation in a colour channel that is not used which makes it wasted and you can get a stat mutation in a stat that is not picked (i.e. the dino gets a stat mutation in the father's weight stat, but the mother's weight stat is chosen so that mutation is lost). No matter whether the mutation is "lost", it's still counted, so in worst case you get an increase of the mutation counter, but the colour was lost as well as the stat so the dino is no different from one without mutations.

• Volunteer Moderator

this is an explanation by @invincibleqc regarding the mutation process for his awesome Theriz, taken from a different thread -- hopefully helps, def good infoz. if not maybe he will have time to post :)

""Like I said in my previous post, they have 12 hp mutations and 15 melee for a total of 27/40 markers. Like I also said, it doesn't matters. As long as you breed a mutated male with clean females you can still mutate your stats. The limit itself is 255 pts per stat or max 450 pts for all pts combined. So you could have up to 45,240.1 hp and 1625.2% melee at birth but you could not combine them because only these two would exceed the 450 limit and eggs would not hatches.

Take in example, you have a male with 590.4% melee for 15/40 markers. You mate it with a female that have 0/40 markers. You should mutate your melee to 602.1% within 290 eggs. Now take in example the same but your male has 21/40 markers. It will take you twice as more eggs for a total of 580 eggs because all roll tied to the dad would automatically fails. In conclusion, the limit is 255 pts or 450 total; markers doesn't matters. But you could hatch therizs with the following stat if you tame lvl 5 and inject 0 pts for the useless stats:

• Health: 33,756.1 (189 pts)
  • Stamina: 300 (0 pts)
  • Oxygen: 150 (0 pts)
  • Food: 3,000 (0 pts)
  • Weight: 365 (0 pts)
  • Melee: 1,231.3 (188 pts)
  • Speed: 100 (0 pts)

Which would hatches babies level 379 that you could push melee only and reach 3257.3% with 40,507.3 health once fully imprinted/leveled. Or push only health and reach 1,475.9% melee and 195,812.1 health (200k therizs, anyone? ^_^). In conclusion, again, markers doesn't matters. Just make sure you breed your mutated male with clean females and you should progress rather quickly depending of how many females you are bruteforcing.""

Archived