The developers don't deserve this hate

RAYGUNcam

On 11/15/2017 at 4:33 PM, Brayn said:

No.  I actually dual box since I'm a solo tribe and used to host my own xbox server.  My main character is on the one X and my alt is on my regular XBONE.  On rag, during really bad lag hitches, my alt almost always gets DC'd whereas my one X only gets DC'd half as much.  Other than that, the only differences I see are graphical and even the graphical ones aren't novel.  The game used to have much better graphics up until like March or April when they did some performance fix that caused everything to look blurry.

i remember that. also around the time of the oragami dinos we got a update and the graphics  on my xbox elite looked amazing. then they made it look blurry and now my one x looks good . its almost like they made it look like crap on poupose so people who got the one x would see a huge diff. the one x graphics look very close to what they once looked like on the regular xbox one.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/16/2017 at 12:34 AM, Scrysis said:

Well, if that's your outlook, you could read it as "because they wanted more cash, they decided to go and try brick-and-mortar stores as well".  Which would be way more logical than a straight-up cash grab that would alienate the audience and give really bad PR, which in turn would lower sales, and thus money.  Your preferred theory ignores cause-and-effect, which I'm sure that the studio is aware of.

Current Industry practice is to milk people out of their money with lootboxes, or haven't you heard?

Wildcard, at the end of the day, is still a small independent game studio without any sort of major publisher.  I'm of the opinion that the process went sort of like this: 

"Oh, hey, our PC game has really taken off!  And we have console players who want to play too!" 

"Think we should make a console version?"

"Why not?  We can certainly try."  . . . .

"Oh, hey, look at the sales for the consoles!  Think we should try to publish in stores?"

"Sure, why not?"

"Look, GameStop doesn't want to sell our game for what we're asking.  The profits from it are too low to cover their overhead.  They want us to sell at 60 dollars and price match."

"But that might tank sales from online!  It will make the player base really unhappy."

"The people who would buy it online probably have ALREADY bought it online.  We're not going to lose any more sales from that quarter.  And just to make sure, we'll broadcast a big warning about what we're doing a month or two in advance, just to be sure.  And then we'll raise the prices without hurting anything, and sell in stores."

"Sounds fair."

People wanted the gave available on consoles, so the developers tried to put it on consoles.  As far as I can tell, all of the complaints have been centered around xbox, and a lot of them have been centered on lag and rubberbanding on official servers.  Lag and rubberbanding has to do with latency and server communication, and those servers are being rented out from Nitrado.  If you get a response from a game developer that says "we're looking into it", it really means that they're looking into it.  Make a proper bug report with details, processes, screenshots, and game files.  The more you can do, the better.  Just whining about it doesn't help them fix the problem.  If they can't replicate it on their end, they can't fix it.

This However does not explain $90 collectors editions that dont include game, season passes. SOme of the most Cynical industry cash-grabbing tactics out there.

• Volunteer Moderator
6 minutes ago, Azmeaiel said:

This However does not explain $90 collectors editions that dont include game, season passes. SOme of the most Cynical industry cash-grabbing tactics out there.

The collectors edition that doesn't have the game came about due to PC players wanting the goodies contained in the collectors edition without having to buy a ps4 or an xbox collectors edition. If you think that's them being money grubbing you're more than free to go tell those PC players they should have ponied up $160 to receive those goodies.

29 minutes ago, ciabattaroll said:

The collectors edition that doesn't have the game came about due to PC players wanting the goodies contained in the collectors edition without having to buy a ps4 or an xbox collectors edition. If you think that's them being money grubbing you're more than free to go tell those PC players they should have ponied up $160 to receive those goodies.

All good, this explains the attitude to customers better than i ever could.

*Edit, i can purchase my choice of Schleich realistic premium dino figures, a Custom made leather book and $2 show bag sonic-chu esque neckchain, add a bit of free advertising merchandise and still have a better show bag than offered for the price. Just my 2c but its not a very good offer for the price.

On 11/14/2017 at 3:07 AM, RAYGUNcam said:

With aberration coming sometime maybe this year or nor people are angry at them for not having it released when they said they would probably have it out or people are mad about updates for the game not coming when they said they would possibly happen. Those people hating the devs but you have to think its a smaller team and this small team is making an open world survival game with building crafting, and fighting mechanics and with other creatures big and small so of course there is going to be bugs. Instead of complaning about these bugs and telling wildcard they are bad at making a game, yea sure they have QA testers but they can't find every problem with the game when a DLC and update is released, but if you do find a problem you can send a support ticket to wildcard or even make a post about it in the bugs and glitch support section. Regarding the DLC release dates they have to add features one by one and each time they add a feature they have QA testers go in and test the new feature and find problems and if there are little to none problems they move on the next feature, repeat until its finished and some times adding other features messes with the one that have been added so then they have to fix it to make them compatible and well it may break another, so if there was an attended release date then they have problems and need to address them they have to fix it before its released or they could release it with that problem and make the game unplayable until they fix it; would you rather have a finished and playable DLC or the DLC comes out on the attended release date and its unplayable, me I'd wait for it to be released when it is playable. Yes it sucks to wait for the thing you were  told was coming out on X date and it doesn't happen but just think next time it does happen they want the game to be playable.

This hate you describe is nothing lets face it go to http://steamcharts.com/app/346110 an average of 35-36k players have logged in over the past 30 days this means out of the 100-200 people who take the time to complain about a late date their are more then 35k players who just do not care that its coming out later.

Infact people actually are happy they pushed it back that means they may be working on some bug fixes or testing some exploits that were found out after the announcement of aberration. 

Honestly, i could live with reduced graphics and more limits on the official xbox servers. dino caps etc should be lowered if the xbox simply can't handle it. limits on dinos need to be the focus. tribes are just congesting the system with inappropriate amounts of dinos. There's a base at the top of my hill (Giant ugly cube shaped eye-sore) with approx 50 Wyvern tales sticking through the wall. I don't care what you say, that's not needed and it just brings the entire area to a crawling pace due to lag loading it all in. And the Wyvern tails are all I can see. I guarantee they have an excessive inappropriate amount of many other things. this is the type of players that are breaking the game. PvE doesn't need you to setup hundreds of autoturrets around your base....... Why don't people think.

Also, why is there an option on the xbox for high quality graphics? disabling it does nothing, Hey here's an idea, why not have that option actually reduce graphics etc to at least help the console a little.

there are SO MANY OBVIOUS areas that could be improved to reduce the problems, how/why aren't they being fixed? I know lets just say whining doesn't help and we need constructive criticism. Here's, some constructive criticism....... hire some devs that can actually see the blatantly obvious...... some devs that don't require the customers to point out every single simple obvious issue and highlight the obvious solution.

you can code an major complex piece of software like ark, but you can't see that a "Graphics quality" option is on the xbox but you aren't using it for anything. It's just a painful environment the Ark community these days, not because of the fans, but because of the devs.

9 hours ago, RudeboyXL said:

Honestly, i could live with reduced graphics and more limits on the official xbox servers. dino caps etc should be lowered if the xbox simply can't handle it. limits on dinos need to be the focus. tribes are just congesting the system with inappropriate amounts of dinos. There's a base at the top of my hill (Giant ugly cube shaped eye-sore) with approx 50 Wyvern tales sticking through the wall. I don't care what you say, that's not needed and it just brings the entire area to a crawling pace due to lag loading it all in. And the Wyvern tails are all I can see. I guarantee they have an excessive inappropriate amount of many other things. this is the type of players that are breaking the game. PvE doesn't need you to setup hundreds of autoturrets around your base....... Why don't people think.

Also, why is there an option on the xbox for high quality graphics? disabling it does nothing, Hey here's an idea, why not have that option actually reduce graphics etc to at least help the console a little.

there are SO MANY OBVIOUS areas that could be improved to reduce the problems, how/why aren't they being fixed? I know lets just say whining doesn't help and we need constructive criticism. Here's, some constructive criticism....... hire some devs that can actually see the blatantly obvious...... some devs that don't require the customers to point out every single simple obvious issue and highlight the obvious solution.

you can code an major complex piece of software like ark, but you can't see that a "Graphics quality" option is on the xbox but you aren't using it for anything. It's just a painful environment the Ark community these days, not because of the fans, but because of the devs.

They're getting to things, one step at a time.  They're changing the policies on turrets, just for that reason.  Go read the recent posts about it.  The technical reasons and fact finding for the change are actually interesting.

• 4 weeks later...

So just to point out, The PVE Ragnarok server i'm on is no different following the last update we awaited so patiently for.....surprise surprise. 30 seconds to a minute lockups at random and rubber banding kilometres at a time. Thanks Wild card for your consistency I suppose. Unfortunately, it's the last straw. you've had to many chances, too much time and too little success. Ark is over for me. it was nothing more than a silly dream I guess. So glad I didn't shell out for any of that buggy DLC you seem to be pushing instead of fixing your main game.

On 11/13/2017 at 8:37 AM, RAYGUNcam said:

With aberration coming sometime maybe this year or nor people are angry at them for not having it released when they said they would probably have it out or people are mad about updates for the game not coming when they said they would possibly happen. Those people hating the devs but you have to think its a smaller team and this small team is making an open world survival game with building crafting, and fighting mechanics and with other creatures big and small so of course there is going to be bugs. Instead of complaning about these bugs and telling wildcard they are bad at making a game, yea sure they have QA testers but they can't find every problem with the game when a DLC and update is released, but if you do find a problem you can send a support ticket to wildcard or even make a post about it in the bugs and glitch support section. Regarding the DLC release dates they have to add features one by one and each time they add a feature they have QA testers go in and test the new feature and find problems and if there are little to none problems they move on the next feature, repeat until its finished and some times adding other features messes with the one that have been added so then they have to fix it to make them compatible and well it may break another, so if there was an attended release date then they have problems and need to address them they have to fix it before its released or they could release it with that problem and make the game unplayable until they fix it; would you rather have a finished and playable DLC or the DLC comes out on the attended release date and its unplayable, me I'd wait for it to be released when it is playable. Yes it sucks to wait for the thing you were  told was coming out on X date and it doesn't happen but just think next time it does happen they want the game to be playable.

Small team? Go ahead and watch the credits for the game and when you come back in about a hr because that's how long it takes to name off the small team. Tell me how small is the team of subcontractors that dang near developed everything is.

22 hours ago, Titus said:

Small team? Go ahead and watch the credits for the game and when you come back in about a hr because that's how long it takes to name off the small team. Tell me how small is the team of subcontractors that dang near developed everything is.

When I said small team I meant small for AAA title.

On 12/19/2017 at 12:15 PM, RudeboyXL said:

So just to point out, The PVE Ragnarok server i'm on is no different following the last update we awaited so patiently for.....surprise surprise. 30 seconds to a minute lockups at random and rubber banding kilometres at a time. Thanks Wild card for your consistency I suppose. Unfortunately, it's the last straw. you've had to many chances, too much time and too little success. Ark is over for me. it was nothing more than a silly dream I guess. So glad I didn't shell out for any of that buggy DLC you seem to be pushing instead of fixing your main game.

Ragnarok is not even wildcards problem just because they released it as an official mod doesn't mean they work on it, if you have problems with ragnarok take it up with the mod creators who are working on the map 

1 minute ago, RAYGUNcam said:

Ragnarok is not even wildcards problem just because they released it as an official mod doesn't mean they work on it, if you have problems with ragnarok take it up with the mod creators who are working on the map 

Sorry but Ragnarok is an official release and a big fanfare was made by wildcard that it was the first sponsored mod.  ARK is wildcards game and as such any DLC they provide is their problem 

1 minute ago, Chunk1664 said:

Sorry but Ragnarok is an official release and a big fanfare was made by wildcard that it was the first sponsored mod.  ARK is wildcards game and as such any DLC they provide is their problem 

Just because its their game doesn't mean they should work on the community creations they added as an official mod for everyone to enjoy, so why should a community creation be handled by wildcard?

Just now, RAYGUNcam said:

Just because its their game doesn't mean they should work on the community creations they added as an official mod for everyone to enjoy, so why should a community creation be handled by wildcard?

Because they chose to add it as an official map and pay the rag developers money to finish it

45 minutes ago, Chunk1664 said:

Because they chose to add it as an official map and pay the rag developers money to finish it

Just said it yourself they chose to add and it and they are paying the rag devs to finish it, still it is not the wildcard team that is working on the map, the rag devs work on the map and QA test it themselves the ark team doesn't work on rag they are working on their content which is the island, SE(not so much now), and ab.

3 minutes ago, RAYGUNcam said:

Just said it yourself they chose to add and it and they are paying the rag devs to finish it, still it is not the wildcard team that is working on the map, the rag devs work on the map and QA test it themselves the ark team doesn't work on rag they are working on their content which is the island, SE(not so much now), and ab.

Mate, which ever way you dress it up, wildcard are paying for the rag map, the rag developers are paid by wildcard.  Therefore it is a wildcard product.

Do you honestly think wildcard just issue money to sponsored mod teams with no input?

Archived