Is it OK to block obelisk and drops on official servers?

NthJoker

I play on Xbox and I joined a ragnarok server 329. The alpha tribe of the server basically thinks it owns the server in the way that they dont allow anyone on the server besides their tribe members and they blocked off all the obelisk and drops with spikes plant species x and turrets. Is this allowed? And why do this? What would be the point of official pvp server so that only people they know can join won't that be basically the same as an unofficial or private server. I know I can just join another server but I just want to know whats the reasoning for all that effort instead of just joining an unofficial or private server.

24 minutes ago, NthJoker said:

I play on Xbox and I joined a ragnarok server 329. The alpha tribe of the server basically thinks it owns the server in the way that they dont allow anyone on the server besides their tribe members and they blocked off all the obelisk and drops with spikes plant species x and turrets. Is this allowed? And why do this? What would be the point of official pvp server so that only people they know can join won't that be basically the same as an unofficial or private server. I know I can just join another server but I just want to know whats the reasoning for all that effort instead of just joining an unofficial or private server.

The point is to keep enemies off the server,  no one pvps in their own server anymore they all transfer to fight other servers, if on unofficial or private there is no transfers so no one to fight. 

3 minutes ago, SmokeyB said:

The point is to keep enemies off the server,  no one pvps in their own server anymore they all transfer to fight other servers, if on unofficial or private there is no transfers so no one to fight. 

I don't agree with what the tribes are doing but I understand the reasoning now. I'm new to this is there any way for me to end the discussion or do I leave it alone?

For certain, blocking the obelisk, pathways, and drops is reportable on PvE. I do not know about PvP. PvP players could just attack that tribe to take care of the problem themselves. It wouldn't hurt anything to submit a ticket with proof of your problem. The worst they could do is tell you they won't take action against that tribe.

I think you shouldn't be able to block the obelisk, but it should be enforced by the game, not with a rule that says you'll get banned if you do it.  They can certainly prevent building at the obelisk if they wanted to.  They do it elsewhere already, so it's not like they need to invent a new mechanic to make it happen.

That said, if I really wanted to attack an alpha tribe on a server where this had been done, it would only take extra time to get some C4 and blow a hole in their defense.  It would take even less time if I could make a trade with someone already on that server.  There's probably already players on that server motivated to punish the alpha tribe in exchange for a peace agreement with them (i.e. give us the C4, and we'll leave you alone).  They may even be willing to just blow it up for you instead of requiring you to make an unnecessary character there.  Politics is a large part of this game, and it could easily be leveraged in this situation.  Alpha tribes are mostly bullies in my experience, and there's always someone they've mistreated who would love to see a little payback.

Archived