Boss fights

Balteraxe

4 hours ago, Hotbun said:

besides aren’t legacy servers also official servers? But you can’t transfer between legacy and non legacy? :P

Yeah, I don't get it, people act like there's a difference in the game settings between the two. It's just new servers & old with no support... Doesn't change what's possible in game.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

Yeah, I don't get it, people act like there's a difference in the game settings between the two. It's just new servers & old with no support... Doesn't change what's possible in game.

No no. They are different. Running a special code subset. Like unofficial they are totally different games. Your experience isn't real.

30 minutes ago, Olivar said:

No no. They are different. Running a special code subset. Like unofficial they are totally different games. Your experience isn't real.

Technically speaking they did run with a different code subset that allowed to breed wild babies and their subsequent taming afterwards, also dino restoration policy that produced "God Rexes" and other less known but just as impactful results and all other issues. All of that combined does somewhat devalue players' achievement in breeding on legacy servers.

12 hours ago, Olivar said:

Yes, I know, and magic pixie dust makes the 10% that play on those servers the only "Real ARK" players. Also the P in PVP means offline raiding, cause who would actually want to have a real fight in player vs player.

Official Ark has taught me so much. LMFAO!

13 hours ago, DarthaNyan said:

Technically speaking they did run with a different code subset that allowed to breed wild babies and their subsequent taming afterwards, also dino restoration policy that produced "God Rexes" and other less known but just as impactful results and all other issues. All of that combined does somewhat devalue players' achievement in breeding on legacy servers.

I think it's hilarious that people are still peddling that '...but Admins were giving God Rexes with crazy stats!' garbage. It reeks of noob-to-mediocre experienced players who can't comprehend how to breed for stats, and just plain don't understand the game mechanics when it comes to spawning dinos.

A brief perusal through any breeding-related discussions would do a lot of good for the "god rexes" whiners. Unfortunately, many lazy and entitled players would rather accuse others of exploity-shenanigans than learn how to do the exact same thing. "B-b-b-but that sounds like it would take a lot of time and effort. YOU MUST BE CHEATING!!!"

39 minutes ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

Yes, I know, and magic pixie dust makes the 10% that play on those servers the only "Real ARK" players.

"I PLAY OFFICIAL AND I AM A UNIQUE SNOWFLAKE BETTER THAN UNOFFICIAL PLAYERS!! Also, I eat paste and lick windows when it rains."

I have read this thread with great interest as prior to playing on unofficials I had a year on official ps4 servers.  The best red stats I have ever seen on there came now where near these stats that have been mentioned.

I'm out unofficial with rates as near to officials as we can work out we have defeated all the bosses bar rag wih 25k health and 650 melee

On 1/9/2018 at 2:48 PM, LouSpowells said:

I think it's hilarious that people are still peddling that '...but Admins were giving God Rexes with crazy stats!' garbage. It reeks of noob-to-mediocre experienced players who can't comprehend how to breed for stats, and just plain don't understand the game mechanics when it comes to spawning dinos.

A brief perusal through any breeding-related discussions would do a lot of good for the "god rexes" whiners. Unfortunately, many lazy and entitled players would rather accuse others of exploity-shenanigans than learn how to do the exact same thing. "B-b-b-but that sounds like it would take a lot of time and effort. YOU MUST BE CHEATING!!!"

"I PLAY OFFICIAL AND I AM A UNIQUE SNOWFLAKE BETTER THAN UNOFFICIAL PLAYERS!! Also, I eat paste and lick windows when it rains."

OMFG my jaw hurts from laughing so hard! Thanks Lou, made my night!

Archived