Onyc pack vs Vultures or Dimorphadons?

xsaintjames007x

I tried to have a mixed flock of dimorphodons and onycs, (five and five) and learned pretty quickly the latter serves little to no purpose by comparison.

They're interesting pets, but if you're looking for an airborne killing team, dimorphodons dominated the onycs I had.

The only other thing I'll say on that, though, is that the onycs I had were tamed at level 100+, but they were flying with at least seventh generation (maybe more, I forget) bred dimorphodons.

I haven't had a team of vultures, but I agree with the above post. Since the bats aren't breedable, I don't see that there's any way for them to stack up against either.

2 minutes ago, Dowers said:

What’s the best way to tame a vulture on ragnarok? Used to use the tent trick on scorched but they just attack on sight now don’t they?

Tent method has worked for me.. they attack you when anything dies within range tho.. that's the issue you are probably encountering.. I tent them then I go around killing everything (use a rex/wyvern/megatherium so that you are in the large tame category (thus not targeted by vultures while you are riding them as killing everything) then tame away once it's all clear..

1 minute ago, Ep1cM0nk3y said:

Tent method has worked for me.. they attack you when anything dies within range tho.. that's the issue you are probably encountering.. I tent them then I go around killing everything (use a rex/wyvern/megatherium so that you are in the large tame category (thus not targeted by vultures while you are riding them as killing everything) then tame away once it's all clear..

That’s probably been the issue your right I’ll try that later thanks mate 

cant breed, no mate boost (as they are genderless), cant be picked up and cant land all weigh heavily against bats unfortunately, like spiders they were converted from being a untamable dino to a tamable one resulting in a lot of borked stuff (like aiming for spiders, and running for spiders, and the rider shrinking on spiders, those were all odd.) For flying ones Vultures are king followed closely by dimos, in house defenders though you want to mix up some microraptors in there. The little guys have the same stat profile as vultures and can be a real pain to hit when they get going, while having the upside of being able to dismount people in PVP they also are pretty handy in PVE as backpacks because they can hold a ton for their size and unlike vultures can have anything any other dino can take into their inventory. They dont really fly but more like, leap and squawk furiously untill they get a dismounted target.

34 minutes ago, Dracul said:

cant breed, no mate boost (as they are genderless), cant be picked up and cant land all weigh heavily against bats unfortunately, like spiders they were converted from being a untamable dino to a tamable one resulting in a lot of borked stuff (like aiming for spiders, and running for spiders, and the rider shrinking on spiders, those were all odd.) For flying ones Vultures are king followed closely by dimos, in house defenders though you want to mix up some microraptors in there. The little guys have the same stat profile as vultures and can be a real pain to hit when they get going, while having the upside of being able to dismount people in PVP they also are pretty handy in PVE as backpacks because they can hold a ton for their size and unlike vultures can have anything any other dino can take into their inventory. They dont really fly but more like, leap and squawk furiously untill they get a dismounted target.

for pvp, speed leveled microraptors and pegomastax are hilarious, both are so incredible fast

On 10/11/2017 at 4:11 AM, xsaintjames007x said:

Can't seem to find a recent video or anything on google showing how good a tamed army of these guys are. Anyone ever tried? If so are they as good as Vultures and Dimos even know they can't be bred or benefit from mate boosting? They do have much higher base stats so I'm very curious.

Dimos and Vultures are deadly. Onycs are an inconvenience.

Archived