Mitchell1304

T rexs still appear to be the meta for boss fight, although I hear therizenos are the rage for taking on the dragon now but is about the same time for raising as a rex so no joy there. There must be other strategies though.

Havent heard about allos being used recently, but back in the day they got shredded in the boss areanas, but that was before quality saddles for them became a thing so you never know now.

3 hours ago, FluffyDinoPartey said:

Whats easy to breed for you? I dont think you will find a dino with less than 2 days breeding on normal rates that can do what you are looking for (if u want gamma only it can work)

What he says :( not  sure of easy things to raise that could cope in the boss areas.

Allo's big claim to fame is the Bleed, which unfortunately doesn't affect bosses. They might still be viable for lower difficulty bosses tho.

It might be worth checking out the possibility of an imprinted pack of wolves for Megapithecus or Broodmother because the pack boost gives them some absolutely stellar damage (the Alpha wolf far out-damages a Rex at equivalent Melee, at the non-Alphas are probably pretty close), but obviously they are a lot squishier and I'm not sure how well the pack boost protects them.

The Megatherium does some serious work on the Broodmother, though, because of its enrage that it gains from the Araneo. I'm willing to bet that they could far out-compete equivalent Rexes, so try them out.

Otherwise, go for Therizino or Spino. The Theri has lower DPS than the Rex, but with Veggie Cakes it's definitely tankier, and with a Yuty and Daeodon in tow, they do just fine. Can't say how well the Spino does, but it's basically just a "less good" Rex for purposes of boss battles

Archived