Your Aberration Theories!

SeaRex

One of my theories is based on the Ascension and the part before the Overseer Arena, where there are the three holographic globes. Is it possible the first globe is the Island, because the devs say creatures mutated and evolved into the new creatures, such as the Angler for the Lantern Pug and humans for the Nameless. The second globe would be Abberation, a malfunctioning ARK, which then goes to the third globe, Scorched Earth, with very few new animals being able to begin their race in such a harsh environment. This theory has a few problems, as it would mean the end of DLC, unless there were some more hints in the ascension of Aberration and Scorched Earth. Please feel free to say what you think is wrong or right about this potential story, or voice your own. Can't wait to see the replies with some cool ideas!

• 1 month later...

I like to imagine it being in a chain event kinda thing. I.e it started as the Island and divulged into SE and finally came to a head in Aberration. Island was the initial Ark in which various Dino's could thrive. However due to say the arrival of the Dragon boss and other climate issues it diverged into becoming SE. This would lead to a mass extinction of dinos(the ones not available on SE). However some would thrive and evolve i.e wyverns being the evolutionary offspring of the Dragon boss, manticore being the result of animals such as the sabertooths having to prey on more toxic but abundant prey(scorpions, athros etc) or even the manticore being the ancient progenitor or vice versa the descendant of Griffins if you want to include Rag in the timeline which would also explain the lack of ice wyverns on Scorched who would have died out in the intense heat. Finally we come to aberration where the environment has become so inhospitable that even the once reigning wyverns are killed off as with most flying dinos as the heat and gamma rays from the sun are far too harsh. This forces most dinos underground where they further mutate, due to a smaller gene pool, or evolve to adapt to the new environment. Rock drakes are possibly the descendants of Wyverns who have evolved hard rocky like hide to withstand the radiation cause by the sun as well as stealth as they are no longer able to rule from the sky and are now subjected to the food chain of ground predators. And the mysterious Reapers could be the next evolutionary stage of the deathworm who previously spent its life in the underground. OR they could also be the next stage or descendants of the Broodmother via evolution and mutations. But this is just my imagination running wild so who knows lol.

On 27. 9. 2017 at 12:27 AM, SeaRex said:

One of my theories is based on the Ascension and the part before the Overseer Arena, where there are the three holographic globes. Is it possible the first globe is the Island, because the devs say creatures mutated and evolved into the new creatures, such as the Angler for the Lantern Pug and humans for the Nameless. The second globe would be Abberation, a malfunctioning ARK, which then goes to the third globe, Scorched Earth, with very few new animals being able to begin their race in such a harsh environment. This theory has a few problems, as it would mean the end of DLC, unless there were some more hints in the ascension of Aberration and Scorched Earth. Please feel free to say what you think is wrong or right about this potential story, or voice your own. Can't wait to see the replies with some cool ideas!

also

I feel that the ark is some sort of testing system designed by the now extinct human species to develop, test, and evolve other creatures, among them humans 2.0, us, the guys with the quadruple helix DNA.  If any of this was mentioned in the above linked videos i will probably sound silly but i didn't feel like watching them.

At the end of the aberration trailer you see this broken pillar, and in the overseer arena you see three pillars around each ARK. So i believe that these pillars hold up the shield bubble that surrounds each ARK and keeps its atmosphere intact. Because one of aberrations pillars are destroyed its atmosphere has gone away and it has become what we see now.

On 11/25/2017 at 5:52 PM, Kaprosuchus said:

I feel that the ark is some sort of testing system designed by the now extinct human species to develop, test, and evolve other creatures, among them humans 2.0, us, the guys with the quadruple helix DNA.  If any of this was mentioned in the above linked videos i will probably sound silly but i didn't feel like watching them.

Same videos contain lost of awesome lore info and I didn't feel like talking about something what was already uncovered.Ark system isn't that much of a test as it is a species preservation attempt to save Homeo Deus from extinction. The "creators" took certain humans (homo sapiens is already extinct species) who posses certain skill/characteset and place them on Arks to force-evolve. Humans have apparently the potential to become homo-deus. The Ark network is build to speed up this process.

21 hours ago, BTrickshot said:

At the end of the aberration trailer you see this broken pillar, and in the overseer arena you see three pillars around each ARK. So i believe that these pillars hold up the shield bubble that surrounds each ARK and keeps its atmosphere intact. Because one of aberrations pillars are destroyed its atmosphere has gone away and it has become what we see now.

It was actually said that a weak atmosphere caused the elimination of flyers.

And now my speculation. I think that homo deus evolve from home sapiens while mass extinction of earth. I think it has a connection with the moon which is shattered into pieces. We can see in the archives that earth lost basically all of its water coverage and became a wasteland. Those colored areas on the three earths could be actually location where dinos, humans and homodeus were taken from.

I have two theories what happened with the aberration ark. My first is that the central pillar was hit by a meteor because there is no point to protect earth orbit from them. My second more crazy theory is  that it was actually Rockwell who in his possession of element blew up the whole overseer observatory. I also think that ascenscion will not be in space this time but on crashed ruins. With a broken forcefield it lost most of its atmosphere (explains no rain) and the whole core of ark is very unstable (explains earthquakes). But with one crashed  tower on ark, it provided also new technology (explains charge) and element in raw form (explains common presence of element and also why  surface will be more node/ore rich).

I am actually super sad that none of the streamers didn't have idea to take pickaxe and harvest those blue shiny rock all around, mushrooms, weird coral formation in bioluminescence and so on.

Most of creatures who survived event of  major failure hide inside canons and cave system and with malfunctioning overseer mutate wildly. Most of them lost ability to tolerate light. Got ability to glide and climb cave terrain. And so on. Whats also interesting is that most of new creatures seems to be carnivores.

It will be also awesome if 4 persons who will be writing explorer notes will be from the "future" (meaning time few hundreds years after our current time and explain what caused the mass extinction of earth.)

Archived