Upload Cooldown

Zed38

6 minutes ago, crasht01 said:

So what in the hell have mega tribes got to do with PVE and as for trading of course it's slowed down people can't get the poop they already owned moved let alone move something you wish to buy. If I cant move from one server to another in my armour I don't need some quote from Jen to tell me it's effective its pretty raptoring obvious this timer is destroying travel for the honest survivor's 

Agreed, it sucks for the honest, but as you know by now, Ark changes are balanced around the official PVP servers. And what type of people do you usually find in spades on public PVP servers? 

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

Agreed, it sucks for the honest, but as you know by now, Ark changes are balanced around the official PVP servers. And what type of people do you usually find in spades on public PVP servers? 

Thing is, they will never eradicate duping no matter how hard they try. 

FFS Rockstar who has about 100 times more value, assets and games than Wildcard gave up on fixing duping. 

On 29/08/2017 at 6:08 AM, Rhah said:

I'd like to pick door #4, please!

But on a serious note, players drop items when moving within a cluster? Is it just items in the inventory or is it equipped/hotbar items as well?

its the hot bar items also or at least the canteens for me.

also ice wyverns now up loadable  just you can not get them back out anywhere

Ok I jumped to last post after first page. Looks to me like there's a serious issue "unresolved" or new game mechanics in general "to be learned"? Which is it?

Meanwhile I never lost items when transferring. Dinos used to drop their inventory - there would be a bag on the ground - not anymore, its just deleted. 

55 minutes ago, h0und said:

its the hot bar items also or at least the canteens for me.

also ice wyverns now up loadable  just you can not get them back out anywhere

Canteens, I knew about. They always emptied when moving to SE. The only reason I asked about the player inventories getting wiped was because people were claiming that was happening. Throughout all of my transfers yesterday, I never lost a single item, so I imagine the issue (if there is one) is quite isolated.

13 minutes ago, Rhah said:

Canteens, I knew about. They always emptied when moving to SE. The only reason I asked about the player inventories getting wiped was because people were claiming that was happening. Throughout all of my transfers yesterday, I never lost a single item, so I imagine the issue (if there is one) is quite isolated.

your invenory/equipment shares a timer with the items you upload

yet if u don't upload, and you just wanna transfer servers the timer is  still there.

that's how you "lose" your inventory, but as with uploading dinos you get a message that you are about to transfer with items that will be "removed"

it's up to the player to either wait, read the message lol, or just transfer and not care

Just now, raptorjesus666 said:

your invenory/equipment shares a timer with the items you upload

yet if u don't upload, and you just wanna transfer servers the timer is  still there.

that's how you "lose" your inventory, but as with uploading dinos you get a message that you are about to transfer with items that will be "removed"

it's up to the player to either wait, read the message lol, or just transfer and not care

Ah! That I was not aware of! Has that always been a thing? Or was it part of yesterdays attempts to reign in transfers?

so trying to do a trade, involving 1500 adobe walls

i can carry 100 walls (weights 400) wait 27minutes, upload

take next 100, repeat

5 hours later, finally 1500 uploaded..oopps trade partner offline, no guarantee he comes back tommorow. i see a server update, i'm desperate i take them out (not first time i would lose stuff because of an update)

and i'm back at start. gg would "play" again it's like a mini game inside a game

There is a timer now that goes on everything you pick up, even if it yours. (ie. If you goto your vault and pick up some bullets they will get a 10-30min timer) If you travel to another server while an item has a timer these items just disappear, with out a warning.

So you have to gear up for a raid now then sit around and wait 30 minutes, before you can transfer ANYWHERE??

What do they expect you grab all the stuff you need, from your own vaults then watch netflix for 30mins?

THIS IS GAME BREAKING!!!!

This is the dumbest thing Wildcard has done in a long list of dumb things.

24 minutes ago, Ripper151 said:

i'm not understanding it either.....do you have to upload your items into the ark data folder and wait 40 minutes or do you just have to stand at the obi with the items to transfer and wait 40 minutes?  I'm totally confused.  Please someone exlain step by step on how to do this the proper way.

The only way is to take whatever you want to transfer and put it in your inventory, then wait 30mins, before you can go anywhere off server. It's beyond asinine.

It's really like they are trying to destroy their own game, and they have been trying for months.

54 minutes ago, Hawkin said:

There is a timer now that goes on everything you pick up, even if it yours. (ie. If you goto your vault and pick up some bullets they will get a 10-30min timer) If you travel to another server while an item has a timer these items just disappear, with out a warning.

So you have to gear up for a raid now then sit around and wait 30 minutes, before you can transfer ANYWHERE??

What do they expect you grab all the stuff you need, from your own vaults then watch netflix for 30mins?

THIS IS GAME BREAKING!!!!

This is the dumbest thing Wildcard has done in a long list of dumb things.

false, there is a warning

Just now, Hawkin said:

Not if you transfer with it in your inventory. Only if you try to upload it.

again, false

i just tested it. looted a canteen in scorched earth supply drop, put it in my last slot, went traveling and a message did pop up that i have items that are not ready for transfer yet.

if i would have transfered, i would indeed lose the canteen

but there IS a message

3 minutes ago, raptorjesus666 said:

again, false

i just tested it. looted a canteen in scorched earth supply drop, put it in my last slot, went traveling and a message did pop up that i have items that are not ready for transfer yet.

if i would have transfered, i would indeed lose the canteen

but there IS a message

I am not getting one on PS4, either way this is the stupidest addition to the game.

Archived