MT: Server Repurpose: General Discussions/Complaints/I Quits

Moonie1

you have literally 0 idea how complicated it is to have a vision then bring it to life through design , coding  , animation, creating sound effects from scratch ,and all the other complicated bells and whistles that go with VG development it takes YEARS and imagine if you stopped to change every single thing that people didn't like it would never get completed , take a step back and realise that its not ur right its ur privilege to be able to enjoy someones vision brought to life through a virtual reality , and if you dont enjoy it well thats really just life mate you gotta expect that sometimes you will burn money on something you dont like. 

you say they dont listen but thats  straight up bull honkey how many times now have they reduced rates , tweaked boss's ,adjusted stats even the phoenix was probably never going to see completion until people pushed them for it , you cant complete a project and fulfill everyones wishes at the same time  , after release i only see this game getting better as they will have more time to dedicate to the players.

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, wallaby said:

you have literally 0 idea how complicated it is to have a vision then bring it to life through design , coding  , animation, creating sound effects from scratch ,and all the other complicated bells and whistles that go with VG development it takes YEARS and imagine if you stopped to change every single thing that people didn't like it would never get completed , take a step back and realise that its not ur right its ur privilege to be able to enjoy someones vision brought to life through a virtual reality , and if you dont enjoy it well thats really just life mate you gotta expect that sometimes you will burn money on something you dont like. 

you say they dont listen but thats  straight up bull honkey how many times now have they reduced rates , tweaked boss's ,adjusted stats even the phoenix was probably never going to see completion until people pushed them for it , you cant complete a project and fulfill everyones wishes at the same time  , after release i only see this game getting better as they will have more time to dedicate to the players.

its not complicated to give advanced notice and prompt updates when things don't go as planned....you don't need a degree to use a keyboard.....

24 minutes ago, lvirusl said:

Kinda like how they communicated the server list a month in advance right???

Yup that's what they said. Here we are now freaking out with players quitting because there was no list in advance like there was suppose to be 3 weeks ago to mentally prepare ourselves to find a new spot and move to a safe server that wasn't getting shut down.

I simply don't understand WC,
so perhaps someone can explain to me what the hell they were thinking ????

For me the logical thing to do would have been:
Announce a wipe of all existing servers ( months ago), citing the numerous duping exploits, and changing them all to cluster servers.
Sure some, a lot, of players would have been pissed, and cried that WC promised no wipe,  but they would have 3 to 6 months to come to grips with it and would have understood the need for such.

Instead:
WC is deleting servers, with a couple of days notice, where players have been putting many hours in thinking their servers might be safe with 10 to 15 player pop, and offer no support to all others.

I just dont get it.
Does WC want to commit suicide and piss off a good chunk of their player base ? 
Do they have anyone working for them with any sort of business experience / education ?
As far as I understand, the driving force for any company is profit.
How is alienating and pissing off a good chunk of their customers, potential future DLC buyers, and getting hundreds of negative reviews, going to increase their profits ?
Am I missing  or not seeing something ?

4 minutes ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

Did they communicate that it was delayed? Yes they did. You already know that was my point, so let's not bother doing this again.

hey i wrecked your car but dont worry ill buy you a new one so it will be ok

well , ill give you %80  of the cost of a new one

oops, i'll give u $1dollar as its not financially possible for me to give you more

dont complain! im doing the best i can and kept my promise to help you purchase a new one! 

42 minutes ago, BlueFox91 said:

Yup that's what they said. Here we are now freaking out with players quitting because there was no list in advance like there was suppose to be 3 weeks ago to mentally prepare ourselves to find a new spot and move to a safe server that wasn't getting shut down.

I understand how you feel and it sucks.

The reality is, it was very clear in the interview Jeremy did with press that this was nothing but a delayed wipe, and no server was safe. He even used the term "ongoing".

I personally feel they should've just stuck with the all out wipe. Giving false hope to those who can't read between the lines isn't right.

Thing is, these guys are just kids, not seasoned business vets. They're still learning as is evident by how they handle certain things. Cut em a little slack, it's their first time doing this.

1 minute ago, IamTANK said:

hey i wrecked your car but dont worry ill buy you a new one so it will be ok

well , ill give you %80  of the cost of a new one

oops, i'll give u $1dollar as its not financially possible for me to give you more

dont complain! im doing the best i can and kept my promise to help you purchase a new one! 

Did you get the game you payed for? Yes, so they owe you nothing. Period!

So you are saying it's okay to piss off  all official players by wiping the game but then you say how dare they to piss off a minority by wiping their servers? And you call it logic?

I honestly doubt you put any thoughts into your post and you're just affected by the repurpose of servers, since it makes no sense what you write.

And I also doubt you have any business experience or education to judge their actions.

What they did is objectively one of the better decisions. It is better than wiping everyone and it is better than keeping all servers as they were. Better for them and better for the playerbase of ARK.

14 minutes ago, Jostabeere said:

What they did is objectively one of the better decisions. It is better than wiping everyone and it is better than keeping all servers as they were. Better for them and better for the playerbase of ARK.

Careful you might get lynch mobbed for telling the truth >.>

I thought cross-ark was great >.>

9 minutes ago, IamTANK said:

a fear that you missed the point. in any case i may not agree with all of your logic but you have a right to it. so let's agree to disagree

No I got the point just fine. Which is why I pointed out exactly what you all were entitled to with the game purchase.

I hope those of you who are upset are mature enough to put emotions aside and look at it clearly. If not, I totally understand.

I also understand why people are feeling the way they do. Just don't agree with the counterproductive way most are dealing with it.

3 minutes ago, IamTANK said:

im not affected by the kill i run my own dedi. my problem is wc's communication.  it bothers me so i speak up. i certainly don't demand everyone else should feel the same way i do but it seems many do.

There's a difference between it being productive and counterproductive. 

These forums are way beyond counterproductive, so adding to the bitching just feuls the fire.

39 minutes ago, Jostabeere said:

So you are saying it's okay to piss off  all official players by wiping the game but then you say how dare they to piss off a minority by wiping their servers? And you call it logic?

I honestly doubt you put any thoughts into your post and you're just affected by the repurpose of servers, since it makes no sense what you write.

And I also doubt you have any business experience or education to judge their actions.

I'd have to agree with the OP. This method was a bad & inexperienced business move. All it has done is lead to a lot of confusion, frustration & hurt feelings.

A straight wipe would've been better.

This is simply going to cause a crap ton of legacy players Ddossing the servers for revenge on release day.

59 minutes ago, Trikky said:

I simply don't understand WC,
so perhaps someone can explain to me what the hell they were thinking ????

For me the logical thing to do would have been:
Announce a wipe of all existing servers ( months ago), citing the numerous duping exploits, and changing them all to cluster servers.
Sure some, a lot, of players would have been pissed, and cried that WC promised no wipe,  but they would have 3 to 6 months to come to grips with it and would have understood the need for such.

Instead:
WC is deleting servers, with a couple of days notice, where players have been putting many hours in thinking their servers might be safe with 10 to 15 player pop, and offer no support to all others.

I just dont get it.
Does WC want to commit suicide and piss off a good chunk of their player base ? 
Do they have anyone working for them with any sort of business experience / education ?
As far as I understand, the driving force for any company is profit.
How is alienating and pissing off a good chunk of their customers, potential future DLC buyers, and getting hundreds of negative reviews, going to increase their profits ?
Am I missing  or not seeing something ?

You're absolutely right, they should've wiped citing those exact reasons.

Thing is, they're kids & the business end is all new to them. If they had any business vets around, the promise not to wipe would've never been made, or been redacted immediately after.

I think they were backpedalling on this one hoping to avoid conflict. Again, with no vets around, they had no one to explain what the fall out would be.

Archived