Thoughts on bringing..

SCORCH

This depends on stats of course but you'd be better off sending in Squid statted Turtles to act as tanks then putting in 1 anky and 1 doed, though I can't lie I have dreamed of raising a bunch of boss anky's. 

Doedic's in general are a poor choice. Base damage is only 32, base health is... let me take this back. Maybe using doedics as tanks is beneficial. I did not realize their base health is so high (850). Getting Anky and doedic advanced saddles are probably generally cheaper then getting advanced rex saddles as well. I don't think 1 of either would be worth it though. Just using rexes would make more sense but say you brought in 3 or 4 doedic's to use as tanks, they have high torpor rating. I'd probably breed them and stat them solely in health. I do not know how feasible it would be but it could be entertaining. 

Daedon will probably get killed unless forced to stay in back, we generally keep the daedon out and use between battles but if it is a one time deal then yeah maybe having two would be worth it. At this point not having a yuty in a boss battle is not putting your best foot forward. They just help so immensely. 

I look forward to you sharing the results of this endeavor. 

1 hour ago, SCORCH said:

Good point on between fight use of daedon. I will bring two more rexes. Out of curiosity, because I don't want to bring just rexes and a yuty as that is boring, what is a good replacement for both the ankylo and doed? Or I may just yolo it with the ankylo and doed.

Some people like the Megatherium since when it kills a bug it gets a huge damage and resistance boost. 

For Monkey I heard using wolves is very good. 

If you do the fight at night a Megalosaurus has a higher base damage than a Rex so also a possibility. 

Could try for a pack boosted Allosaurus' too but I feel like they are too weak. They really need to do something with them. 

i never done these fights never researched them, but i gotta say, ark is all about its knockback timer. raxes has the greatest knockback distance i think? anyways a res runs faster towards the target and gets a bite off, an anky is slow too run back if knocked back, why the doed, do you need it for? ultimately i would think bringing 20 rexes isnt enough and would want a few turtles too tank that poop, but now its alot more creatures so maby those claw guys arent so bad.

• Volunteer Moderator
7 hours ago, Chronosphere said:

i never done these fights never researched them, but i gotta say, ark is all about its knockback timer. raxes has the greatest knockback distance i think? anyways a res runs faster towards the target and gets a bite off, an anky is slow too run back if knocked back, why the doed, do you need it for? ultimately i would think bringing 20 rexes isnt enough and would want a few turtles too tank that poop, but now its alot more creatures so maby those claw guys arent so bad.

20 would have to be "enough" though as boss arenas are capped to 10 players and 20 creatures entering it.

19 rexs, 1 yuti. Brood 

19 rexs, 1 yuti. Mega, Mega/Brood

19 spinos, 1 yuti. Dragon

I suggest not bringing in garbage dinos, with garbage saddles. 

Rexs: (Across the board)

30k+hp

500%+md

Spinos: (Across the board)

30k+hp

500%+md

Yuti: Doesn't really matter, have stam and speed up on it. 20k is fine, don't get hit often.. stand behind the other dinos.

For rex's 70+ saddles minimum, Spinos 70+ saddles minimum as well. Yuti saddles.. doesn't matter, prim is fine... don't get hit often.

Archived