Dragon after 67% nerf

TheyCallMeAces

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, hudi1 said:

man can you read it again ? I wrote it. Average was like 11k hp 600 dmg with primitive saddles. I dont think saddles  can reduce fire damage.

Sorry, I'm blind. I plan to try hard one with 30k and 900% melee ones very soon so was wondering when you mentioned therizs.

41 minutes ago, Karnivore said:

How many ridden rexs? and no, the 67% nerf does not affect the dragons breath. It does 25% total hp regardless of HP, saddle, imprint rider bonus. Its just a flat 25% damage.

19 rexs+yuty at first attempt and we were 9 nice riders.and second one we just teleport rexs for ride+yuty.

rexs got 35K-40K hp and 700-800 melee damage 79 armored saddle.all burn to ashes.

thanks for video again.

• Volunteer Moderator
11 minutes ago, hudi1 said:

I am just curious where did you these stat. This is 71 stats in HP. In dmg it is probably 72. I am not sure

69 melee. Started from 49 clean and mutated it 10 times by dropping hundred of eggs every 2 days. Explained it better there:

Just now, phantom55 said:

19 rexs+yuty at first attempt and we were 9 nice riders.and second one we just teleport rexs for ride+yuty.

rexs got 35K-40K hp and 700-800 melee damage 79 armored saddle.all burn to ashes.

thanks for video again.

Stats are good enough, just getting it stuck is the issue, need to make sure you surround it and have everyone in first person looking up.

better luck next time.

2 hours ago, Karnivore said:

Heres link to video.

This was run last night on PC as of patch 264.53

The ideal team is 6 ridden rexs + 14 unmanned. obviously the more manned rexs the better but i have found 6 is the least you can use to guarantee getting it pinned.

So spawn in, scatter and avoid the fireballs, when it lands have everyone run in from a different direction around the dragon then try and walk UNDER it, once under have everyone look up in first person mode then start to attack, then whoever is controller the rest of the rexs can whistle attack target to pile the rest in. 

If done correctly it will get stuck once it takes off then its just a waiting game, as you can see theres plenty of time if you miss getting it stuck a few times at the start.

The only real issues once stuck is if someone looks down it can escape and you will need to pin again.

Audio is just poop talk as i didn't think i'd be sharing this with anyone as an instructional video :) 

so the story is , only way to kill the dragon is to get it stuck with your rexes....and that s all?

Just now, Voidstar said:

so the story is , only way to kill the dragon is to get it stuck with your rexes....and that s all?

At this point yes, this is the only way ( you can learn the sequence to the attacks to learn to dodge the fire but i would not bother as i dont believe you would have time only attacking 15s / every minute ) to do it if you are using rex's. 

Even with the 67% nerf, it still has 970k HP and does not spend enough time on the ground ( IMO ) to kill it any other way.

3 minutes ago, Karnivore said:

At this point yes, this is the only way ( you can learn the sequence to the attacks to learn to dodge the fire but i would not bother as i dont believe you would have time only attacking 15s / every minute ) to do it if you are using rex's. 

Even with the 67% nerf, it still has 970k HP and does not spend enough time on the ground ( IMO ) to kill it any other way.

Hopefully this is not all wildcard can provide...dragon ignores saddles flyes around,fireballs decimate, rexes are clunky and get stuck and the only fantastic solution is to try and glitch/exploit it to so that it puts up less resistance than a diplodocus. way to go....

20 minutes ago, Voidstar said:

Hopefully this is not all wildcard can provide...dragon ignores saddles flyes around,fireballs decimate, rexes are clunky and get stuck and the only fantastic solution is to try and glitch/exploit it to so that it puts up less resistance than a diplodocus. way to go....

there is still run'n'gun method that should be viable with Dragon having less HP.

22 minutes ago, DarthaNyan said:

there is still run'n'gun method that should be viable with Dragon having less HP.

Seems like a lot going on to really master a run'n'gun. The dragon is deceivably fast, opop pteras and dimorphs, with massive lava pools to boot. 

Even with acd compound bows, I'm curious to see how long it would really take. If there was a viable run'n'gun, I'd be so down. 

59 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAces said:

Seems like a lot going on to really master a run'n'gun. The dragon is deceivably fast, opop pteras and dimorphs, with massive lava pools to boot. 

Even with acd compound bows, I'm curious to see how long it would really take. If there was a viable run'n'gun, I'd be so down. 

I used to kill it run n gun with cbows.

10 people in ghilli + cactus broth, cbows with 250-285 damage and about 500 arrows each. was doable, but hard as hell.

21 hours ago, Kristjan said:

So has anyone beaten the dragon after the latest patch?

We did on last saturday, the BETA one... 

If I recall well, 6 people riding on rexes with 20K HP and 5-700% damage, some of them not imprinted (as some folks had no such rexes, so we rented them one), 100ish armor.

The key was: we could glitch it once for approx a minute, we tought we will win, but it managed to escape. Luckily since the patch, it does not fly to far, landed again and we could finish it of. Lost 2-3 rexes in the process, because the flame damage - nothing can be done against it, so try to stay BEHIND the dragon if you are badly damaged. 

The whole thing is luck based tough - becase after it, we tried the GAMMA dragon with a new set of rexes, ad we died horribly. It just flamed the rexes and us to death. 

So in my opinion, the dragon does not worth the effort, only to get the engrams, and then its better to farm the monkey or the spider queen. The dragon is just too risky. 

Therizi + cake + daedons. 

Take cover under the mushroom rocks while he is flying. Once he lands let him aggro the dinos, full unload with the weapons of your choice ( we used AR ). Once he starts flying again take cover again, line of sight him with the rocks. Rinse and repeat.

10 players only, be fast at the start or you will get fireballed. Worked before the buffing/nerfing bosses, with rexes instead of therizi's and no cake ( almost all dinos died tho, pretty sure u can do it without much casulties)

GL.

Would be nice to know in this is still viable, haven't played since legacy announcement waiting on full release

16 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

It is 20%. Also, force feeding wyvern milk to your rexes make them immune to the damage over time (not from the blast itself).

I tested this myself and it didn't work. I fed my rex the milk took a blast and continued to loose hp got as long as the fire efffect lasted. In the end we got it stuck and killed the dragon.

And mind you this was on unofficial with boosted stats (1k melee rex with 150k hp) It still took like 8 minutes to kill.

18 hours ago, Ume said:

Therizi + cake + daedons. 

This! I don't get it why people don't bring Daeodons. I always go to bossfights with 1 Yuty and 2 Daeodons (filled with at least 12 cakes each + Dodo-kibble) and 17 large creatures like Rexes, Spinos or Therizinos. If you bring Theris, give them some cakes as well - and fill Rexes + Spinos with cooked meat, because it heals them a lot better than raw.

Archived