Are we at the Peak of Optimizations? (Steam PC)

vapeur156

I mean for playing PC on Steam? As a Single Player, I have noticed huge improvement in performances. The loading time is way shorter, so is the sign out. Tons of graphic improvements. Truly,  I think the game is just gorgeous (on epic!) But  to this day, you still need a very good computer  (for graphics) to enjoy the beauty of the game especially in SP.

So, with 2 weeks left I am wondering about that. The win10 version launching on august 8 will run way better on everybody's  PC for sure. But my question is:  will playing Ark on Steam, PC and SP for me, be much better performance wise than what it is now.?

A very weighted question since really only the devs can answer this. I play the Steam version as well and have a pretty powerful PC to run it at beautiful graphics and framerates. But I am still looking for that DX12 20% performance increase...I was hoping that would come out before release (provided that even affects me. I have Win10 so I figured it did).

1 hour ago, vapeur156 said:

I mean for playing PC on Steam? As a Single Player, I have noticed huge improvement in performances. The loading time is way shorter, so is the sign out. Tons of graphic improvements. Truly,  I think the game is just gorgeous (on epic!) But  to this day, you still need a very good computer  (for graphics) to enjoy the beauty of the game especially in SP.

So, with 2 weeks left I am wondering about that. The win10 version launching on august 8 will run way better on everybody's  PC for sure. But my question is:  will playing Ark on Steam, PC and SP for me, be much better performance wise than what it is now.?

The Windows 10 version will be the same version you're playing now, just sold on the Win 10 store. This is so it is networked with Xbone so it can run servers for console & have cross play. That is all. 

49 minutes ago, Ulta said:

A very weighted question since really only the devs can answer this. I play the Steam version as well and have a pretty powerful PC to run it at beautiful graphics and framerates. But I am still looking for that DX12 20% performance increase...I was hoping that would come out before release (provided that even affects me. I have Win10 so I figured it did).

This is dependent on your graphics card actually as it has to have the DX12 coded into the processor in addition to having Win 10. Odds are if it's an Nvidia card you're set, and most likely if it's an AMD one. You'd have to check the card specs to be sure.

Good news is, when they apply the Async computing it'll give the game a major performance boost and stabilized frames a great deal. This will be regardless of which direct x version you use or store you buy it from.   

12 hours ago, Ulta said:

They said a while ago that dx12 wasn't going to happen, but that might have changed without me noticing. 

Archived