Devs does any of you play official?

Anaribaluis1

lol at pvpers being the "hardcore" playerbase(A.K.A the ones who buy DLC and play faithfully), implying pvers dont play as much or buy dlcs. You are a self absorbed idiot. At first I was on your side, but your ranting in the face of the mod saying they do play completely showed me how narcissistic and unstable you are.

P.S. ThzNutz said "GOOD DAY SIR!"

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Moonie1 said:

lol at pvpers being the "hardcore" playerbase(A.K.A the ones who buy DLC and play faithfully), implying pvers dont play as much or buy dlcs. You are a self absorbed idiot. At first I was on your side, but your ranting in the face of the mod saying they do play completely showed me how narcissistic and unstable you are.

P.S. ThzNutz said "GOOD DAY SIR!"

I play PvE and I have the dlc maps. My main base is on scorched earth... Who's saying pve players suck? The only big difference is we are not getting destroyed every 5 seconds by PvP players. That's the whole point of PvE. It gives us a chance to be more creative with our structures (not saying its not possible in PvP) and to progress without worrying we will lose our stuff overnight to a troll.

22 minutes ago, Casanova said:

We have multiple accounts. So the accounts that you are looking at don't get played on. Try adding 3 zeros on Jat's number and you'll be in the right ball park ;)

Its good to see you come on here and answer questions so could you please answer the topic named "server wipe" please, i really do believe we all deserve an answer, many thanks 

45 minutes ago, Casanova said:

We have multiple accounts. So the accounts that you are looking at don't get played on. Try adding 3 zeros on Jat's number and you'll be in the right ball park ;)

I'd wager he doesn't have 16.7 years of time played, I'd wager there wasn't Ark 16.7 years or most of the devs, dev'ing at that time. Just throwing that out there. Might be a lot, but hyperbole leads to drama, best sticking to facts, and that certainly isn't one.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Verci said:

I'd wager he doesn't have 16.7 years of time played, I'd wager there wasn't Ark 16.7 years or most of the devs, dev'ing at that time. Just throwing that out there. Might be a lot, but hyperbole leads to drama, best sticking to facts, and that certainly isn't one.

Jat is a bot, i created him to run everything at 10x speeds

21 minutes ago, Casanova said:

Jat is a bot, i created him to run everything at 10x speeds

Excellent PR attempt, try again :D

The problem it, you treat the playerbase exactly the same way as you proved in this little exercise. 3 zeros, and you think we will swallow it. Come on, have some common sense if you could have any...  

ps: but let me help you to come out right. You said the truth, because Jats game hours are 000147... so yeah, the 0 zeros are added :D

Just now, szabiferi said:

The problem it, you treat the playerbase exactly the same way as you proved in this little exercise. 3 zeros, and you think we will swallow it. Come on, have some common sense if you could have any...  

ps: but let me help you to come out right. You said the truth, because Jats game hours are 000147... so yeah, the 0 zeros are added :D

Gee...i bet you're fun at parties with your amazing ability to take a joke..

21 minutes ago, Karnivore said:

Gee...i bet you're fun at parties with your amazing ability to take a joke..

It didn't sound at all as a joke... he tried to squash people with inflated numbers pulled out of his back, without actually checking what is the actual meaning of his words.  Most of us abandoned this behavior in the kindergarden... :P

I'm pretty sure this kind of mentality resulted in their balance changes. Just throwing numbers here and there without any actual thinking on the reality and the meaning of the changes. 

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, szabiferi said:

It didn't sound at all as a joke... he tried to squash people with inflated numbers pulled out of his back, without actually checking what is the actual meaning of his words.  Most of us abandoned this behavior in the kindergarden... :P

I'm pretty sure this kind of mentality resulted in their balance changes. Just throwing numbers here and there without any actual thinking on the reality and the meaning of the changes. 

Give me a short while and i'll calculate the exact time to the nanosecond that Jat has played ARK for you. I'll also try to get the coordinates and times of every Unreal Unit he has touched and create a heat map showing his most visited places.

Calm down buddy, it was just letting you know that we don't use the personal accounts to play, test or work on ARK.So those numbers don't reflect how much time we spend in ARK.^_^  Don't turn this thread into something it's not.

44 minutes ago, szabiferi said:

have some common sense... your the one taking a clear jest so serious.
Try adding three zero's to that is clearly an overestimate to prove a point.

7 minutes ago, szabiferi said:

Him saying Jats played 16 years into a 2yr game doesn't sound like a joke to you, you really think he meant it lol?

Jats a dev, of course he plays his own game, and i'd bet you anything he's got 5x the hours in game than most of us do, + the god know hows many hours grinding out work on the game.

Trying to imply the devs dont care about / play their own game is an insult to the effort they have put in over the last 2 years to create this amazing game from nothing.

12 minutes ago, szabiferi said:

Spot on. And when you raise a reasonable point, you get derided by saying you must be no fun at parties. One side is committed to making a balanced, fun game that is stable and the other resorts to petty jibes, incorrect statements and then laugh of genuine comments.

9 minutes ago, Casanova said:

Give me a short while and i'll calculate the exact time to the nanosecond that Jat has played ARK for you. I'll also try to get the coordinates and times of every Unreal Unit he has touched and create a heat map showing his most visited places.

Calm down buddy, it was just letting you know that we don't use the personal accounts to play, test or work on ARK.So those numbers don't reflect how much time we spend in ARK.^_^  Don't turn this thread into something it's not.

You are a really mature admin, thanks for your excellent work.

13 minutes ago, Casanova said:

I enjoy your responses, its good to see you have a sense of humour and that you are paying attention to the community.  

28 minutes ago, Casanova said:

How about instead of wasting yours and our time replying to pointless topics like this one you reply to something that effects everyone playing Official servers.

This topic below was pinned on the ark steam forums over a year ago stating there will be no wipe. Within the last few months this topic has been unpinned and locked.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/7/343787283759101650/

"Jeremy Drake Stieglitz  [developer] 24 Jun, 2016 @ 9:22pm

PSA: Official Servers will NOT Wipe on game release!
Alright then, I've thought a lot about this, read a lot of commentary on the subject, and understand the time players have been putting into the game. Here is the final word on the matter: we will **not** be wiping the Official Servers on ARK's release (and as mentioned, we will do everything in our power to ever avoid wiping -- we all felt the sting from the launch duping bug all too well). We will keep existing active Official Servers as they are post-ship -- no wipe -- though at ship we may at our discretion re-purpose certain empty or near-empty Official Servers with 1 month prior warning (we'll provide archives to data of such servers if anyone wishes to re-host).. New Servers will be ADDED to help accommodate new players at that time; we can afford it ;)

We take the time players put into the game seriously, and we want to reward them for that. The reward is having a *permanent* impact on your ARK, simple as that.

Thanks everyone for your support, as we surely do need it. Please spread the word! 

Regards,

Jeremy Stieglitz

ARK Lead Designer, Lead Programmer, Development Director, Co-Creative Director, Co-Founder"

Unfortunately ALOT has changed in official servers since this post was made. Can you tell us anything regarding this subject? When duping is completely fixed will there be a wipe?

Just now, TripleBox said:

How about instead of wasting yours and our time replying to pointless topics like this one you reply to something that effects everyone playing Official servers.

Unfortunately ALOT has changed in official servers since this post was made. Can you tell us anything regarding this subject? When duping is completely fixed will there be a wipe?

Hijacking this thread, to complain about something that has been replied to so many times its beyond a joke now?
How many times have they said there is no wipe, they will re purpose low pop servers and give backup copies to anyone who wants to continue in private servers.
They had a recent meeting where some think their should be a wipe, and others didn't. But at this point J's thread from 2016 is still the most accurate information at this time, there is zero point in making more threads about the exact same thing when they have said over and over again there is no new news on this, and when there is they will let us know.
They may wipe, they may not, but there is nothing new on this topic to be said as of right now, and im sure as soon as a finite decision is made they will make it known.
I'd stop replying too if i had to write " there is no new infomation on this as of right now" a million times too.

And they have already begun deleting the duping tribes, Tuesday? i think, TRH deleted an entire tribe for duping.

36 minutes ago, TripleBox said:

This topic below was pinned on the ark steam forums over a year ago stating there will be no wipe. Within the last few months this topic has been unpinned and locked.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/7/343787283759101650/

"Jeremy Drake Stieglitz  [developer] 24 Jun, 2016 @ 9:22pm

PSA: Official Servers will NOT Wipe on game release!
Alright then, I've thought a lot about this, read a lot of commentary on the subject, and understand the time players have been putting into the game. Here is the final word on the matter: we will **not** be wiping the Official Servers on ARK's release (and as mentioned, we will do everything in our power to ever avoid wiping -- we all felt the sting from the launch duping bug all too well). We will keep existing active Official Servers as they are post-ship -- no wipe -- though at ship we may at our discretion re-purpose certain empty or near-empty Official Servers with 1 month prior warning (we'll provide archives to data of such servers if anyone wishes to re-host).. New Servers will be ADDED to help accommodate new players at that time; we can afford it ;)

We take the time players put into the game seriously, and we want to reward them for that. The reward is having a *permanent* impact on your ARK, simple as that.

Thanks everyone for your support, as we surely do need it. Please spread the word! 

Regards,

Jeremy Stieglitz

ARK Lead Designer, Lead Programmer, Development Director, Co-Creative Director, Co-Founder"

The devs have said countless times, THERES NO WIPE ON RELEASE, they know about the duping, but they're not going to wipe because of that.If you don't like it, then im sorry.

They also know that if they do majority of players will leave the game, so why wipe servers that people spent 100 upon 100 and f hours, if you want a server to get wipe just be patience and let another tribe wipe that server?

Archived