Politics & Paranoia

JayKillaVII

Let me paint the picture. I've been on this game for a week on Xbox and the first server I join was 47 (official) didn't know what I was getting myself into but it seem like the right choice. When I spawned on the beach south 2 the first thing I notice in global chat was a bunch of name calling and asking who's " alpha " while being spit at by what looks like an overgrown lizard. As I'm punching a tree the ground begins to shake and this T-Rex fossil with the biggest witch hat ever is coming down the beach. This was the alpha, he began to ask if I was new and drop so much raw meat and hide that I couldn't move to pick up the other 30 packages. He said " we are a friendly tribe, we patrol the coast to make sure no trolls attack and help out new players. " So now I'm like hell I can dig this. Thyen in the same breath he said " but you cannot do bosses, build in any caves, or build near us. " Me being a fresh naked noob who was now rich from hide and raw meat I'm like sure gotcha no problem. Later I found out that this how you get TEK gear and building in caves well I'm still trying to figure that one out. I ended up switching servers because the ideal of controlling something that was meant to be played was just stupid and not to mention they block every supply drop. I transfer to 136 and it looked promising. No one had built on Herb island. So I figure I could build a raft on the south east coast and set up runs back and forth for metal. By this time I grab a couple of friends and got them hooked on the game so now we became a tribe ( A Tribe Called Quest ). Everything seem to be going well until a lvl 100 decide to bring what was the fastest tiger/bear/saber/lion I've ever seen that could literally climb up walls . Well time to pack up and hit the road again. Server 371 was the straw that broken the camel's back. I text in global chat as soon as I arose on the beach " hey is this sever friendly " and the Alphas ( 4 inches Buff ) or something like that responded " yes " Well that was a lie. A giga came and destroy my first base and said he was partially blind yea right. Rebuilt again and I fire dragon came a blew fire inside of my stone walls. He said that one of the guy's wife was playing and may have been a little blood thirsty. Ok whatever but after coming to an agree like explaining to them that I'm friendly and only want to build and stay away from alpha. They said it was cool. 9 behemoth gates later with a base inside of it I felt like I this is the farthest I have been in the game. We then was approached by the ugliest lizard dragon you ever saw and he explained. WE ARE TRYING TO KEEP THIS SERVER SMALL. SO WE PURGE. WE NEVER KNOW WHO TRANSFER WITH A TEK(something) IN THEIR BASE WAITING TO WIPE US. I DONT MINE YOU HAVING 2 PEOPLE BUT YOU CANT HAVE ANYMORE. I then turn to the lvl 4 viewer that had just join the tribe from my stream and said " sorry bro I gotta kick you or everything we spent 10 hours to build will be destroyed ". He was pissed but understood. I finally felt like ok I have formed some kind of relationship with the alpha and figure the sky is the limit. Woke up this morning YOU HAVE BEEN KILLED BY A LVL 311 QUEWTZ............____  THIS GAME

53 minutes ago, JayKillaVII said:

Let me paint the picture. I've been on this game for a week on Xbox and the first server I join was 47 (official) didn't know what I was getting myself into but it seem like the right choice. When I spawned on the beach south 2 the first thing I notice in global chat was a bunch of name calling and asking who's " alpha " while being spit at by what looks like an overgrown lizard. As I'm punching a tree the ground begins to shake and this T-Rex fossil with the biggest witch hat ever is coming down the beach. This was the alpha, he began to ask if I was new and drop so much raw meat and hide that I couldn't move to pick up the other 30 packages. He said " we are a friendly tribe, we patrol the coast to make sure no trolls attack and help out new players. " So now I'm like hell I can dig this. Thyen in the same breath he said " but you cannot do bosses, build in any caves, or build near us. " Me being a fresh naked noob who was now rich from hide and raw meat I'm like sure gotcha no problem. Later I found out that this how you get TEK gear and building in caves well I'm still trying to figure that one out. I ended up switching servers because the ideal of controlling something that was meant to be played was just stupid and not to mention they block every supply drop. I transfer to 136 and it looked promising. No one had built on Herb island. So I figure I could build a raft on the south east coast and set up runs back and forth for metal. By this time I grab a couple of friends and got them hooked on the game so now we became a tribe ( A Tribe Called Quest ). Everything seem to be going well until a lvl 100 decide to bring what was the fastest tiger/bear/saber/lion I've ever seen that could literally climb up walls . Well time to pack up and hit the road again. Server 371 was the straw that broken the camel's back. I text in global chat as soon as I arose on the beach " hey is this sever friendly " and the Alphas ( 4 inches Buff ) or something like that responded " yes " Well that was a lie. A giga came and destroy my first base and said he was partially blind yea right. Rebuilt again and I fire dragon came a blew fire inside of my stone walls. He said that one of the guy's wife was playing and may have been a little blood thirsty. Ok whatever but after coming to an agree like explaining to them that I'm friendly and only want to build and stay away from alpha. They said it was cool. 9 behemoth gates later with a base inside of it I felt like I this is the farthest I have been in the game. We then was approached by the ugliest lizard dragon you ever saw and he explained. WE ARE TRYING TO KEEP THIS SERVER SMALL. SO WE PURGE. WE NEVER KNOW WHO TRANSFER WITH A TEK(something) IN THEIR BASE WAITING TO WIPE US. I DONT MINE YOU HAVING 2 PEOPLE BUT YOU CANT HAVE ANYMORE. I then turn to the lvl 4 viewer that had just join the tribe from my stream and said " sorry bro I gotta kick you or everything we spent 10 hours to build will be destroyed ". He was pissed but understood. I finally felt like ok I have formed some kind of relationship with the alpha and figure the sky is the limit. Woke up this morning YOU HAVE BEEN KILLED BY A LVL 311 QUEWTZ............____  THIS GAME

You know there' was a solution all along.

Don't play Official PVP. Official PVP is full of trolls and chodes.

Yeah you kind of threw yourself into the deep end of the Gator pit there. Although I did the same when I first started out. 

Unless you're an alpha You're going to want to build small, stay quiet and don't go in the chat asking if it's friendly because it's not and all you're doing is putting a spot light on yourselves . Spend your time and energy building explosives and weapons to troll the alphas and make "THEIR" server as unfriendly for them as they've made it for you.

Good luck  

You are better of joining some already existing tribe if you are new. Use it to level up and learn the ropes then when you think you are ready form your own tribe. Being destroyed over and over and over is part of the learning experience these days in ARK.

On my server we operate a kind of involuntary PVP training program. I wipe new players all the time that I see building thatch huts on my server. It teaches them a lesson not to build with thatch since my 300+ gigas can munch it one hit. You wipe them a few times then you see they start to build in wood, that's progress. They are visibly learning, its good to see.

When they finally upgrade to stone its time for their next reset because at that point they could be farming explosives or trying to cause problems. So with a bit of C4 you clear their base and return the area to its natural state. Following this they'll bitch a bit in chat but after I tell them they built in a prohibited area (they didn't really) they mellow a bit and accept their fate. 

A few weeks will pass and they will have eclipsed their previous best, possessing now a full metal base of a small dimension with 20 or more dinos and a few turrets. At this point they have learned enough and its time for them to die properly. We wreck their base, everything goes, all their dinos, all their structures and we make sure that they know that visa has expired and they aren't welcome on this server anymore. If they try and rebuild we keep killing them till they give up. 

At that point they pack up for good and head off for a new adventure on another server. We even throw in a free air trip to the nearest departure point if they request it. 

11 minutes ago, BulletForce said:

You are better of joining some already existing tribe if you are new. Use it to level up and learn the ropes then when you think you are ready form your own tribe. Being destroyed over and over and over is part of the learning experience these days in ARK.

On my server we operate a kind of involuntary PVP training program. I wipe new players all the time that I see building thatch huts on my server. It teaches them a lesson not to build with thatch since my 300+ gigas can munch it one hit. You wipe them a few times then you see they start to build in wood, that's progress. They are visibly learning, its good to see.

When they finally upgrade to stone its time for their next reset because at that point they could be farming explosives or trying to cause problems. So with a bit of C4 you clear their base and return the area to its natural state. Following this they'll bitch a bit in chat but after I tell them they built in a prohibited area (they didn't really) they mellow a bit and accept their fate. 

A few weeks will pass and they will have eclipsed their previous best, possessing now a full metal base of a small dimension with 20 or more dinos and a few turrets. At this point they have learned enough and its time for them to die properly. We wreck their base, everything goes, all their dinos, all their structures and we make sure that they know that visa has expired and they aren't welcome on this server anymore. If they try and rebuild we keep killing them till they give up. 

At that point they pack up for good and head off for a new adventure on another server. We even throw in a free air trip to the nearest departure point if they request it. 

I take it you are alpha on the server...if so then this explains the mind frame. 

Just now, JayKillaVII said:

I take it you are alpha on the server...if so then this explains the mind frame. 

Yes. We like a dead server, because its easier for us to keep tabs on threats and players that might join. Enemy tribes tribes trying to attack stand out a lot more when your normal server pop is normally no more then 10 when suddenly there is 15 on your server one night. At that point you know its time to call in reinforcements from your other servers.

5 minutes ago, BulletForce said:

Yes. We like a dead server, because its easier for us to keep tabs on threats and players that might join. Enemy tribes tribes trying to attack stand out a lot more when your normal server pop is normally no more then 10 when suddenly there is 15 on your server one night. At that point you know its time to call in reinforcements from your other servers.

That's Paranoia 

• Volunteer Moderator

Sad you couldn't find a server in a week. Why don't you try some dedicated servers or pve

Ark is not easy and it's not for everyone official servers are extremely cut throat most of them. I have found more good servers then bad. But If you know what to look for and what questions to ask it's not hard finding a good server. 

If you think you will find a server and will live on it happily ever after on pvp and not get raided it won't happen. 

I was lucky when I started on Official.  I made friends pretty quick with the alpha by assisting them in a war they were already in and since I was very small and tucked away I was able to stay hidden and out of the fight other than assisting with meat runs and after all that the alpha brought me and my friend into there tribe where we happily took over more servers.

I dont think I would have continued to play past the 2nd wipe.  I would have went to PVE since you just wanted to build and enjoy the game...

9 minutes ago, Captnmorgan said:

Sad you couldn't find a server in a week. Why don't you try some dedicated servers or pve

Ark is not easy and it's not for everyone official servers are extremely cut throat most of them. I have found more good servers then bad. But If you know what to look for and what questions to ask it's not hard finding a good server. 

If you think you will find a server and will live on it happily ever after on pvp and not get raided it won't happen. 

So you are saying come Aug. 8 official release date new players purchasing this game for the first time should expect this? You saying new players should not play what they want to play but play what "YOU" want them to play? How about they just lock the servers down...that would definitely get rid of the Paranoia right. 

5 hours ago, JayKillaVII said:

This is the perfect example of why Wc must wipe the servers on official release. No new comer to the game will hang around for more than 10 hours in game if this is the kind of greeting they will meet

• Volunteer Moderator
6 minutes ago, JayKillaVII said:

So you are saying come Aug. 8 official release date new players purchasing this game for the first time should expect this? You saying new players should not play what they want to play but play what "YOU" want them to play? How about they just lock the servers down...that would definitely get rid of the Paranoia right. 

I said officials are cut throat they aren't for everyone.

if you think there won't be alphas on or after release that lock servers down your kidding yourself.

i said nothing about people not playing the way they want. 

I specifically said there are good servers and bad. And it was sad they couldn't find a good server in a week. 

reading comprehension you should try it.

also a giant wall of text heard of a paragraph?

4 minutes ago, Captnmorgan said:

I said officials are cut throat they aren't for everyone.

if you think there won't be alphas on or after release that lock servers down your kidding yourself.

i said nothing about people not playing the way they want. 

I specifically said there are good servers and bad. And it was sad they couldn't find a good server in a week. 

reading comprehension you should try it.

also a giant wall of text heard of a paragraph?

Look bro if I knew this was an essay I would have put proper punctuation and straighten up my grammar, but I'm just trying to have a civil discussion with you. Sorry if I offended didn't mean no harm just wanted some insight.

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, JayKillaVII said:

Look bro if I knew this was an essay I would have put proper punctuation and straighten up my grammar, but I'm just trying to have a civil discussion with you. Sorry if I offended didn't mean no harm just wanted some insight.

Are you trying to make your own thread toxic. You throw words into people writing that clearly aren't there. Maybe you have anger issues or a chip on your shoulder have no idea. Nor do I care. 

Seriously civilized discussion you can have but don't try saying people said something when they didn't. Nothing in my post was wrong or attacking ... stop with the whole paranoi thing. People in here are honestly trying to help you and you just try to argue. Maybe read what they write and take notes. Hope you find a server eventually but like I said ark isn't for everyone.  It can be relentless and frustrating. It is also a lot of fun. 

We started by staying out of globale, staying small, assisting in server defence when needed and completing trades with larger tribes. Eventually we were just part of the sever and now we are well established. Golden rule for use was not to be seen or heard and raid off server. We got all our bloodlines from raids and all our decent blueprints. Dont give up and if you get really frustrated you can go over to easy mode on player dedicated to learn some of the essential game mechanics. 

12 hours ago, BulletForce said:

I can't wait for your sob story come full release and your sob story's when you keep getting wiped after wipe .

14 hours ago, BulletForce said:

Pr*ck

Archived