Console Update: PS4 and Xbox - New ETA: Week of July 3rd

Jatheish

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sad to say but Playstation 4 owners are still waiting and have a feeling we will be still waiting clear to the end of this month. We might get lucky and have all this new stuff just before launch of the game. It is clear what they favor the must of the console since they pushed out xbox exactly one week after it was suppose to launch on both systems. We who own a copy on the PS4 have an ETA of week of July 3rd so in other words everything is going to be so far behind what everyone else is. Guess that means for the official launch of the game we will have it pushed back also. This is getting so sad considering there are 4 of us in my house that play this game on the Ps4 and we are still waiting on all this new stuff that is going on. I was really hoping to enjoy this game a bit more before i have to return to work when the school year starts but way things are going its not going to happen.

Xbox Official Server (The Center Map)
Bug: Other player's no-build radius now extends an addition 1-2 foundations - into our structures and overrides our build radius preventing placement of items.
Bug first appeared in v756 Xbox Update

Our own structure close to another player, we can no longer place items in part of our structure or add walls or ceilings to that section of our structure, as it now crosses into the other players no build radius, overriding our own build radius. (The other player's structure is a foundation with a couple of ramp pieces.)

Summary: We cannot place items inside our own structure.

Additional info: Our Structure/Base has existed in game for months.  It was this update specifically, v756 on Xbox, when signing back in that we could no longer build in our own structure, which we discovered as we were moving things around before the update and could not finish placing items after the update.

So I know you guys are working on a fix for Monday, but are you going to extend the breeding event? I can't even log in to feed my babies much less hatch more. Friends can't get near my base as well (my base is yuge ?). I just want to know if there will be any plans to extend after the fix so those of us who are affected hard by this bug can take advantage of it.

Hey @Jat and Everyone at WILDCARD get your freaking bullpoop ACT TOGETHER with the DLCS and UPDATES. You won't at all get the Game launched on 8/8/2017 at the ACT your going thru right now you all are blinded by your own updates and rushing them to fast (cough cough XBOX UPDATE cough cough and the RAGNORAK DLC cough cough) so now I get to be hope less for you guys until your ACT is fixed. I've been a day 1 launch on XBOX and Day 1 PC follower and you guys commit to PC but leave the console players in the DUST. So GET IT TOGETHER everyone at wildcard.

6 minutes ago, WARFIGHTER117 said:

Hey @Jat and Everyone at WILDCARD get your freaking bullpoop ACT TOGETHER with the DLCS and UPDATES. You won't at all get the Game launched on 8/8/2017 at the ACT your going thru right now you all are blinded by your own updates and rushing them to fast (cough cough XBOX UPDATE cough cough and the RAGNORAK DLC cough cough) so now I get to be hope less for you guys until your ACT is fixed. I've been a day 1 launch on XBOX and Day 1 PC follower and you guys commit to PC but leave the console players in the DUST. So GET IT TOGETHER everyone at wildcard.

Don't get your hopes up bro. At this point it's really a shame that WC has yet to act like an actual AAA dev. They have a small staff and they have yet to hire key postitions( I hear they are looking for some programming engineers) and based on their past actions I don't see 8/8/17 as a feasible release date. They need to be honest and just set the date to this holiday instead of pushing out super broken updates that literally keep you from playing their game( if anyone gets within 200 meters of our outer gates and starts to render our base they will have their game crash within 45 seconds). We can't even enjoy the 2X event as we crash within 20 seconds of loggin in and we don't want to risk lossing tames or gear. So @Jat, are you guys going to extend the event so that the hundreds of Xbox players who got cheated out of playing during the event by an unannounced update get a chance to grind out some mats and pop some babies? 

58 minutes ago, CApKiller said:

Don't get your hopes up bro. At this point it's really a shame that WC has yet to act like an actual AAA dev. They have a small staff and they have yet to hire key postitions( I hear they are looking for some programming engineers) and based on their past actions I don't see 8/8/17 as a feasible release date. They need to be honest and just set the date to this holiday instead of pushing out super broken updates that literally keep you from playing their game( if anyone gets within 200 meters of our outer gates and starts to render our base they will have their game crash within 45 seconds). We can't even enjoy the 2X event as we crash within 20 seconds of loggin in and we don't want to risk lossing tames or gear. So @Jat, are you guys going to extend the event so that the hundreds of Xbox players who got cheated out of playing during the event by an unannounced update get a chance to grind out some mats and pop some babies? 

Lol dude I know there small as heck company but they want there game to fully launch on AUGUST then they gotta get there stuff together big time

2 minutes ago, WARFIGHTER117 said:

Lol dude I know there small as heck company but they want there game to fully launch on AUGUST then they gotta get there stuff together big time

I don't think they want to push out the game. I belive that the chinese firm that acquired them a few months back( I have read on this forum and on Reddit so don't quote me just yet) is holding their feet to the fire and pushing them to realase the game this year asap. They lack in the resources required for such an endeavor. It's my personal theory that the update for Xbox was pushed out on Friday due to the time constraints that MS has with scheduling Certification. They have a lot of updates between now and august so they released the update before the holiday and then they submitted the fix for a Monday cert/ release. Now it's a bit of a stretch but I am under the impression that an external force is rushing them to actually keep the promises that hey have made publicly and PRIVATELY. Again before the straw men come here and spread some salt and sing their song, this is just what I belive is causing them to ditch the plans they had for a lot of previous place holder content that was made permanent recently and for the sudden release of patches that clearly break the game for some of us. Ohh and yes I'm salty, I can't play your game bacuse you pushed out a broken patch and I can't enjoy the wounder of a full 2 X weekend event. WC should start to under promise and over deliver not over promise and under deliver. Sorry for the long post without paragraphs and various grammatical errors here is a potato ?. 

24 minutes ago, CApKiller said:

I don't think they want to push out the game. I belive that the chinese firm that acquired them a few months back( I have read on this forum and on Reddit so don't quote me just yet) is holding their feet to the fire and pushing them to realase the game this year asap. They lack in the resources required for such an endeavor. It's my personal theory that the update for Xbox was pushed out on Friday due to the time constraints that MS has with scheduling Certification. They have a lot of updates between now and august so they released the update before the holiday and then they submitted the fix for a Monday cert/ release. Now it's a bit of a stretch but I am under the impression that an external force is rushing them to actually keep the promises that hey have made publicly and PRIVATELY. Again before the straw men come here and spread some salt and sing their song, this is just what I belive is causing them to ditch the plans they had for a lot of previous place holder content that was made permanent recently and for the sudden release of patches that clearly break the game for some of us. Ohh and yes I'm salty, I can't play your game bacuse you pushed out a broken patch and I can't enjoy the wounder of a full 2 X weekend event. WC should start to under promise and over deliver not over promise and under deliver. Sorry for the long post without paragraphs and various grammatical errors here is a potato ?. 

This is what i feel is happening.. except the chinese part.. i didn't know about that.. i figured maybe they had enough of salty/impatient gamers and now was lesson time. But i like you're thoughts on this better lol?

Don't think there's really any merit in conspiracy theories, it's just still a game under development - albeit the final stages. They've given themselves around a month to get the thing ready for retail (although clearly it'll be less as they'll need to have retail discs pressed), so I expect they're working all hours to get it done. This makes it all a bit manic and with 3 platforms to work on things are tried, then missed during brief testing etc. It's understandable. There's no hidden agenda to make us wait longer for things. If we don't get a map (that's not even finished, btw) on 4th July then wow, who really cares if it takes another week for it to come through. ARK (indeed, any video game) isn't life and death and remember, above everything, we actively elected to be a part of this early access period - there were always going to be bumps in the road.

Well, i actually don't know the exact problems they have, but it's getting a joke more and more. The last 3 days of the 2x Event 2 of the servers i play on (PS4) were Ping 255 half the day, and in general nobody at wc seems to care for the big lag problems on the PS4. If i count the several days i can't play because of the server having ping issues/rubberbanding and stuff, it's like half a month you can't play. If they don't get this fixed and the game is officially out, they will have like 90% refunds.

4 hours ago, nEUTRon said:

Well, i actually don't know the exact problems they have, but it's getting a joke more and more. The last 3 days of the 2x Event 2 of the servers i play on (PS4) were Ping 255 half the day, and in general nobody at wc seems to care for the big lag problems on the PS4. If i count the several days i can't play because of the server having ping issues/rubberbanding and stuff, it's like half a month you can't play. If they don't get this fixed and the game is officially out, they will have like 90% refunds.

And if they get 90% refunds then they would have wasted all the mo way on those new servers they are supposedly making ?

11 hours ago, TranqRex said:

Don't think there's really any merit in conspiracy theories, it's just still a game under development - albeit the final stages. They've given themselves around a month to get the thing ready for retail (although clearly it'll be less as they'll need to have retail discs pressed), so I expect they're working all hours to get it done. This makes it all a bit manic and with 3 platforms to work on things are tried, then missed during brief testing etc. It's understandable. There's no hidden agenda to make us wait longer for things. If we don't get a map (that's not even finished, btw) on 4th July then wow, who really cares if it takes another week for it to come through. ARK (indeed, any video game) isn't life and death and remember, above everything, we actively elected to be a part of this early access period - there were always going to be bumps in the road.

My thoughts exactly, well put.

• Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived