Patch 259.31: "Brilliant" translators

Shanara99

7 hours ago, Xeno1987 said:

I have paid Money, I give a poop on their free time, they are working for all People who payed their families and so on.

Here are Screens of the Problems with the german Translation:

the problems with ä, ö, ü, Ü, Ä, Ö and ß are well known and will be fixed once the issue causing this to happen has been located. on that behalf it's something that only can be fixed by Wildcard.

so when you engage in a fit about how poopy the german translation is than address it to the appropriate addressant.

the folks working on the translation (and this goes for whatever language there might be on this planet) are doing this voluntarily AND payed for the game just as you did.

so don't be disrespectful and tell them you'd give a poop for their work. and if you don't like what you read then maybe give them some credit for giving you the chance to get off on a pretty pointless rant here

4 hours ago, Neizan said:

About "comida" localization, we are looking into it. Because it is in uppercase in our files, but it looks in lowercase in-game. We are investigating about that.

About the translation of “wandering”, there isn't an exact translation in Spanish (for the ARK context/use), so half community thinks it should be "vigilancia" and other half community thinks it should be "Paseo". Make happy the whole community is almost impossible, and I asked a lot of people before translate this string.

If you aren't happy with some translations, you can help us in https://crowdin.com/translate/ark-survival-evolved/ You will be completely welcome.

Best regards, Jonatan Martín, aka Neizan

Spanish is weird. But google gave quite different variants from yours and they seem to fit/translate better than "surveillance" and "walk"

11 hours ago, Oli4 said:

The Dutch translation looks like it came right from Google translate last time I accidently used it

considering the current progress of the dutch translation they might be in need of someone who plays the english version speaks dutch and is not named Google.

maybe a task you want to help your fellow dutch guys with ?

feel free to offer your help at:

https://crowdin.com/project/ark-survival-evolved/nl#

14 hours ago, Xeno1987 said:

I have paid Money, I give a poop on their free time, they are working for all People who payed their families and so on.

Here are Screens of the Problems with the german Translation:

If you "give a poop" on their free time, then I couldn't care less what your problems are. Go jump off a bridge.

14 hours ago, Natsu said:

they don´t get any money for their work. without their work there won´t be any translations. so you are a perfect human that don´t make mistakes?

Never stated that they should be perfect. If you even had the ability to understand my statement you'd realize that I meant that you're here complaining about people complaining. People can make mistakes, but stop being a little baby and assume nobody should complain about it just because they are not being paid for the job.

6 hours ago, Kizmiaz said:

considering the current progress of the dutch translation they might be in need of someone who plays the english version speaks dutch and is not named Google.

maybe a task you want to help your fellow dutch guys with ?

feel free to offer your help at:

https://crowdin.com/project/ark-survival-evolved/nl#

Why should I help a commercial business for free?

German translation is a mess. Umlauts aren't working (you can't filter your inventory by "Öl" (oil in German) because you will not find anything. Terror Birds are translated as "Terror Vogel" regarding the Kibble (should be Terrorvogel) and the enemy is still called Terror Bird. I know that they do it in their freetime. But that is no excuse. To be honest, I didn't check if this errors aren't fixed in the current version. Maybe they are, but they stayed for months.

Dino names shouldn't be renamed in the first place.

Also they should rework their system and use the client to detect which language to use for searchfields etc. I play on a German server but my console is set to English. If I use German to search, I can't see the results but I'm able to transfer. If I use English to search, I can see the reults but I can't transfer anything. :(

14 minutes ago, Waffeleisen said:

German translation is a mess. Umlauts aren't working (you can't filter your inventory by "Öl" (oil in German) because you will not find anything. Terror Birds are translated as "Terror Vogel" regarding the Kibble (should be Terrorvogel) and the enemy is still called Terror Bird. I know that they do it in their freetime. But that is no excuse. To be honest, I didn't check if this errors aren't fixed in the current version. Maybe they are, but they stayed for months.

the terror bird issue is fixed the moment i'm typing this. a bit too late to make it to the current update though.

Umlaute können derzeit nicht dargestellt werden, da es problem mite den font-files gibt, aber man, Wildcard, arbeitet daran. die probleme existieren schon laenger und daher wurde weitestgehend auf ß verzichtet, was hier und da fuer aerger gesorgt hat. Umlaute mit ae oe ue zu ersetzen mag zwar dem einen oder anderen leichtfallen, aber fuer den fluss des uebersetzens weniger zutraeglich.

German umlauts can't be displayed properly for the moment since there's issues with the font files but Wildcard is working on it. As this issue exists for quite some time one skipped on ß but replacing umlauts accordingly with ae oe and ue interferes way to much with the flow of translating.

if you'd have an idea how many strings there are to translate and how many different people are and were involved in the German translation over the last two years then you might understand why glitches like Terror Bird - Terrorvogel can happen.

and once the translation is compiled to be a part of the upcoming patch new strings are available for translation.

it's a never ending story that only might grind to a stand-still once there's no more content added and/or no expansions will be released. or, and let's hope that won't happen, the volunteers get fed up by way too exaggerated negative feedback and stall the project.

and this is not only for the German translation

• Volunteer Moderator
31 minutes ago, Waffeleisen said:

Pardon the ignorance and the curiosity, as german isn't even anywhere near the languages I am fluent in nor am I particularly versed in their nuances, but why do two separate words (as it's not labelled Terrorbird in english) turn into a compound word when translated into german?

26 minutes ago, maze said:

Dino names shouldn't be renamed in the first place.

Also they should rework their system and use the client to detect which language to use for searchfields etc. I play on a German server but my console is set to English. If I use German to search, I can't see the results but I'm able to transfer. If I use English to search, I can see the reults but I can't transfer anything. :(

in general Dino names remained untouched. there once was a move to translate them but then it's been realized that european servers are a host not only to german players but players from all over the world.

imagine the confusion when you talk about a Quastenflosser and someone else calls it Coel. So as of now no translations for dino names at least nnot in the German version.

3 minutes ago, ciabattaroll said:

Pardon the ignorance and the curiosity, as german isn't even anywhere near the languages I am fluent in nor am I particularly versed in their nuances, but why do two separate words (as it's not labelled Terrorbird in english) turn into a compound word when translated into german?

for the same reason engine house will become Lokschuppen in German. it's the way the language works

Archived