Tames ranked easiest to hardest

Kayin

I drank too much caffeine last night and produced this.     I ranked every animal I have tamed in comparison of how difficult I found their tame to be relative to each other.    

Note:   This information is about the difficulty of the tame itself  and does NOT include the difficulty of finding the creatures.   Adding that dimension upset the balance too much so I kept it simple.   Also, below is a list of animals I have not tamed.

I haven't found a tame that is too "hard" that I wouldn't/couldn't do it again.   Everything can be one with enough preparation time.   That being said, I did find some harder than others. This is that list.   Feel free to share your experiences.  Maybe this can turn into a rating system on the wiki or its own wiki page or something.    Or delete it,  whatever. 

EASIEST

1. Ovis
  2. Dodo
  3. Jerboa
  4. Lystrosaurus
  5. Achatina
  6. Kairuku
  7. Microraptor
  8. Dilo
  9. Parasaur
  10. Pteranodon
  11. Phiomia
  12. Oviraptor
  13. Diplocaulus
  14. Procoptodon
  15. Carbonemys
  16. Anklyo
  17. Iguanodon
  18. Pelagornis
  19. Pachy
  20. Gallimimus
  21. Trike
  22. Stego
  23. Raptor
  24. Pulmonoscorpius 
  25. Megalodon
  26. Diplodocus
  27. Paracer
  28. Icthyosaurus
  29. Icthyornis
  30. Equus
  31. Dimorphodon
  32. Tapejara
  33. Arthropluera
  34. Dung Beetle
  35. Archeopteryx
  36. Moschops
  37. Bronto
  38. Pachyrhino
  39. Doedicurus
  40. Rhino
  41. Basilosaurus
  42. Pegomastax
  43. Beelzebufo
  44. Terror bird
  45. Mammoth
  46. Carnotaurus
  47. Castoroides
  48. Sabertooth
  49. Direwolf
  50. Megatherium
  51. Sarco
  52. Baryonyx
  53. Thylacoleo
  54. Direbear
  55. Rex
  56. Argentavis
  57. Spino
  58. Compy
  59. Mesopithecus.
  60. Giant bee.  
  61. Anglerfish
  62. Plesiosaurus
  63. Megalosaurus
  64. Giganotosaurus
  65. Wyvern (egg / milk effort)
  66. Dunkleosteus
  67. Allosaurus
  68. Quetzal
  69. Dimetrodon
  70. Troodon
  71. Therizinosaurus
  72. Mosasaurus
  73. Electrophorus
  74. Tusoteuthus

HARDEST

Animals I have not tamed yet

------------------------------------
Araneo
Bat
Chalico
Daeodon
Gigantopithecus
Hesperornis
Hyaenadon
Kaprosuchus
Kentrosaurus
Liopleurodon
Lymantria
Manta
Mantis
Megalania
Megaloceros
Morellatops
Mosasaurus
Purlovia
Rock elemental
Thorny dragon
Titan
Vulture
Yutyrannus

36 minutes ago, Wodlez said:

Ovis easiest? Is this in terms of having the creatures right in front of you with requires food? I'd say this is one of the hardest, you need veggie cakes to tame, also they're so scarce as they're eaten by other creatures so quickly!

Cake isn't that hard to make and the ovis only ever takes one no matter how high of level....  They don't fight and don't run from you. It's a passive tame one hit win. 

i didn't take into consideration how hard animals are to find.

19 minutes ago, ciabattaroll said:

I'm honestly surprised that microraptor isn't higher on that list. Isn't it tamed using only one rare flower?

Higher levels require more. But that doesn't matter they have such low torpor and micro raptors are easy to find and KO rare flowers aren't exactly rare either

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, 10,000 Jelly Doughnuts said:

Higher levels require more. But that doesn't matter they have such low torpor and micro raptors are easy to find and KO rare flowers aren't exactly rare either

Do they? None of the wikis nor taming calculators corroborate this.

2 hours ago, ciabattaroll said:

I'm honestly surprised that microraptor isn't higher on that list. Isn't it tamed using only one rare flower?

I tamed a 116 with 1 rare flower the other day,  so it's definitely 1 rare flower. 

They're easy, but they still knock you off your mount and stun you and they're usually found around the redwood area so the increase in risk is why I consider them 'harder' then the others above it.    

For the hardest, it matters to me based on resource investment and min. time investment. 

In terms of hardest, I'd say it was the Titanosaur, then the Tusoteuthis, then the Giganotosaurus.

At minimum you need 4,000 Metal to tame that thing, not counting the resources you need to KO it, and depending on the method, will cost you tons of resources. The cheapest is a Platform Quetzal + Cannons or Platform Quetzal + Rocket Launcher.

Tusoteuthis you need SCUBA Gear, a high level Carbonemys + strong saddle, and of course the large amount of Black Pearls. 

Giga, Large Bear Traps and whatever metal box you want.

Archived