Morals, ethics and whatnot of using the Water Breeding Glitch

McCluskeyy

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, YUSHOETMI said:

Salty breeder? You clearly haven't read the thread too much have you? How am I being salty, that would require that I have something to be salty about or something I have lost. As I said I have bred hundreds of dinos and still do it the legit way, it isn't time consuming, or hard, I can rear a giga from egg to mature and still play the game as intended, I have a full time job and family, yeah I may not get 100% imprint, I may have to do a rush meat run when I forget after work, but it will still be alive at the end of it and not need wellies. 

Can those who abused the glitch say the same? No because your dinos are currently decomposing in the water. So tell me, what reason do I have to be salty? xD

Nope, I breed 10-15 rexes at a time and never lose them to water, it's fantastic floating those suckers and filling them up every 2 hours, you should try it!

I think you're beyond salty actually. You call breeding dinos on land "the legit" way, and started a thread about water breeding heavily implying that it's immoral/bad.  You don't like it for yourself, that's fine. Other people not having to do it doesn't affect you in any way. Get over it and do a little salt detox. It'll help you be happier in ark and life =)

Think about it this way, if the devs suddenly added an engram for a special new building type that could only be housed on water, which slowed baby consumption rate, would you cry immorality or unfairness? As is, the games not complete and the players have found a temporary solution to the consumption issue. If you don't mind grinding 1000s of meat and berries in the meantime, that's cool, just don't be mad that others don't want to do the same. It is a sandbox after all.

7 minutes ago, TheKringle said:

Nope, I breed 10-15 rexes at a time and never lose them to water, it's fantastic floating those suckers and filling them up every 2 hours, you should try it!

I think you're beyond salty actually. You call breeding dinos on land "the legit" way, and started a thread about water breeding heavily implying that it's immoral/bad.  You don't like it for yourself, that's fine. Other people not having to do it doesn't affect you in any way. Get over it and do a little salt detox. It'll help you be happier in ark and life =)

Think about it this way, if the devs suddenly added an engram for a special new building type that could only be housed on water, which slowed baby consumption rate, would you cry immorality or unfairness? As is, the games not complete and the players have found a temporary solution to the consumption issue. If you don't mind grinding 1000s of meat and berries in the meantime, that's cool, just don't be mad that others don't want to do the same. It is a sandbox after all.

That's funny because I've tamed hundreds and lost none to the water too. 

You do realise it's an exploit, ergo a cheat right? You do realise you are admitting to abusing a mechanic that is a cheat right? You do realise that makes you sound like an idiot right? Good glad we cleared that up. 

If the devs created a floating structure that reduced feeding rate I'd be happy with that, as it's intended, your method however is not, you really aren't clever are you?

again what reason do I have to be salty? I breed within the intended methods of the game, I don't use cheats or exploits and I'm rather successful at it. So consistently calling me salty without reason just makes you look like more of a tool. 

Im not mad, I'm amused, big difference. Plus I didn't make this thread to post my views or be "salty" it was a post made in jest regarding another thread earlier on that got moved. Not gonna go into too many details for a reason but I can assure you it had nothing to do with salt. 

tldr: water breeding = exploit, abusing an exploit = lrn2play

Just now, Zederia said:

devs2it = intended

What? I take it you mean because the devs used it it was intended? Yeah that's why they lost dinos today too.....

I can guarantee the devs used the anky farming glitch too, possibly even the cave glitches. Does that make them intended or right? No, to rid the game of a glitch they have to know what it entails, only way to do that is by using it yourself. Keep trying tho

2 minutes ago, Zederia said:

Right.. on LIVE servers and not the test servers they have?

And you know it's a live server how? The person above never said what server it is, stands to reason they invite members of the public to the test servers to fill numbers and find problems quicker. I've even seen test servers open on steam and Xbox in the early days. 

7 minutes ago, WWilson said:

if devs are using exploits to play i suppose that means its not really an exploit certainly they wouldn't break the rules..

real issue here is lack of detailed patch notes and all the stealth changes that happen

Afraid it's an exploit, land dinos do not magically float on water and get decreased food consumption naturally. 

Also when mods have said it's an exploit already then it's most certainly an exploit. 

4 minutes ago, YUSHOETMI said:

You do realise it's an exploit, ergo a cheat right? You do realise you are admitting to abusing a mechanic that is a cheat right? You do realise that makes you sound like an idiot right? Good glad we cleared that up. 

If the devs created a floating structure that reduced feeding rate I'd be happy with that, as it's intended, your method however is not, you really aren't clever are you?

again what reason do I have to be salty? I breed within the intended methods of the game, I don't use cheats or exploits and I'm rather successful at it. So consistently calling me salty without reason just makes you look like more of a tool. 

Im not mad, I'm amused, big difference. Plus I didn't make this thread to post my views or be "salty" it was a post made in jest regarding another thread earlier on that got moved. Not gonna go into too many details for a reason but I can assure you it had nothing to do with salt. 

I have no idea why you're salty, i'm just telling you that you are. You just went on a two paragraph rant about how it's cheating, and how you do it "the right way". Those two together indicate an NaCl overdose. 

I won't try to convince you further, so instead I'll address anyone else reading this: It's not cheating, it gives absolutely no advantage other than a reduction in grind, the devs do it, and it promotes healthier gameplay. Anyone looking for tips on how to do this, I'd be thrilled to share all my experience and how to get a nice water breeding pen set up.

4 hours ago, YUSHOETMI said:

I thought I would do as suggested and ask in this, the "General Discussion" forum on the opinion of the morals with water breeding and other glitches.

Now I understand the food bug is a problem with breeding, personally never had it happen to me within hundreds of bred dinos but I have seen it happen so I know it exists, now if the new drowning bug is an answer to that, which it probably isn't, then is it right to demand a rollback because you lost a number of dinos, dinos that have oxygen stats so therefore should not be left in the water for a sustained period, instead of understanding you abused a bug and karma hit you when you didn't expect it.

If this was an intentional addition to the last patch, should WC have informed people that they would be removing a bug from the game they was abusing, or just sit back and watch as they are hit with a mass drowning kill feed?

The use of a glitch to counter a bug doesn't make it anymore ethical than cheating and regardless of how this situation appeared today, intentional or not, your dinos should be lost and no roll backs should be  granted, for those that "left my rex in the water because i was too lazy" then it sucks for you as who can tell if that's the case or you just didn't move it after it matured?

thoughts?

I would love to punch you in the face 

2 minutes ago, YUSHOETMI said:

And you know it's a live server how? The person above never said what server it is, stands to reason they invite members of the public to the test servers to fill numbers and find problems quicker. I've even seen test servers open on steam and Xbox in the early days. 

Because the person posting is an "early bird" not a tester. all the NDA'd people have TESTER as they rank. Also, they have an NDA, and cannot discuss ANYTHING done on those test servers.

devs do what they want for their own reasons people can complain but wont change anything. someone changed my forum name still waiting for that to be fixed.

I guess the point here is complaining at them wont change anything. to illustrate my point flyers still suck..

and I really wouldn't mind so much if we knew exactly what was coming and when.

12 minutes ago, YUSHOETMI said:

Did you just create this thread to create flaming opportunities?

Just now, TheKringle said:

I have no idea why you're salty, i'm just telling you that you are. You just went on a two paragraph rant about how it's cheating, and how you do it "the right way". Those two together indicate an NaCl overdose. 

I won't try to convince you further, so instead I'll address anyone else reading this: It's not cheating, it gives absolutely no advantage other than a reduction in grind, the devs do it, and it promotes healthier gameplay. Anyone looking for tips on how to do this, I'd be thrilled to share all my experience and how to get a nice water breeding pen set up.

Keep wishing it isn't a cheat there then buddy, considering the devs have said it's an exploit and as have mods then you clearly are lacking the mental capacity to understand you are advocating a cheat. 

I have no reason to be salty, it just amuses me that people like you find it okay to abuse an exploit. I mean come on dude "it gives you no advantage other than less grind" xD isn't that an advantage? You really are amusing me. Thanks for that. 

Again

using the exploit = cheating

not using the exploit = not cheating

can that be any more clear? Isn't being salty it's being logical. 

7 minutes ago, akamurk said:

I would love to punch you in the face

Give it a try pal, if you're that aggressive over a game you clearly are societies dregs. 

5 minutes ago, DeningWei said:

Did you just create this thread to create flaming opportunities?

Flaming? Because I have a different view than you it's flaming? Then yes. Take that how you like. 

8 minutes ago, YUSHOETMI said:

Keep wishing it isn't a cheat there then buddy, considering the devs have said it's an exploit and as have mods then you clearly are lacking the mental capacity to understand you are advocating a cheat. 

I have no reason to be salty, it just amuses me that people like you find it okay to abuse an exploit. I mean come on dude "it gives you no advantage other than less grind" xD isn't that an advantage? You really are amusing me. Thanks for that. 

Again

using the exploit = cheating

not using the exploit = not cheating

can that be any more clear? Isn't being salty it's being logical. 

K, can't even follow your syllogisms now. Good luck and do try not to get so envious of what other people are doing (for your own sake). Peace brother.

Look, it was an exploit, a widely known exploit. You decided to profit from it while it lasted, fine. But you expecting devs to do a rollback so you can go free without any penalties for using that exploit is a bit TOO MUCH to ask for. 

It's like if people who are duping, were warned that they were going to be banned, so they delete every single duped item and say : I AM NOT GUILTY because I do not have any duped items. Ignoring that they advanced in game way further than other players because they used a glitch while others players chose not to. 

2 hours ago, JonSnowNova said:

So whats going to happen? You have an outraged community that has lost weeks worth of work at random with no warning. I myself just lost 2 260 melee gigas that were 80% done. Multiple friends of mine logged into 30+ dead babies and are beyond devastated.

Exploiting the game usually ends with a poor result.

1 minute ago, powerstuck said:

It's like if people who are duping, were warned that they were going to be banned, so they delete every single duped item and say : I AM NOT GUILTY because I do not have any duped items. Ignoring that they advanced in game way further than other players because they used a glitch while others players chose not to. 

how many of them were banned, exactly? "Can be banned" but they can't trace it, just fix it and let these dupers get away with it.

Archived