Ark Island loot tables

Taconite

*Note: Please include item quality in your posts for each item.

So the point of this post is to consolidate everything we know about the ark island loot tables into one area so that we can narrow down which things spawn in which areas to enable us to grind out only certain caves or drops to find what we are looking for. For example, I happen to know that the caverns of lost faith is a great place to find fabricated pistols and fabricated assault rifles of journeyman quality or better at a decently high rate. So what I'm going to do is list off all of the island's caves and you can tell me in the comments what you have gotten from them and I will add them to my post as I am able to. Also if you have solid advice as to easy ways to beat the caves and find the drops in question I can also add this information to the post. (Include item quality and if it's a bp or pre-made)( I would also like to point out that this is only for official servers or servers running official settings for loot tables and difficulty)

Central cave

• Assorted cloth gear - Ramshackle

Northwest cave

Lower south cave

• Assorted cloth armor (mix of bp and pre-made) - Ramshackle, Apprentice
  • Stone hatchet (bp) - Apprentice
  • Stone pickaxe (bp) - Apprentice
  • Trike saddle (bp) - Apprentice
  • Phioma saddle (bp) - Apprentice

Northeast cave

• Cloth gear - Apprentice
  • Slingshot (bp) - Journeyman
  • Argentavis saddle (bp) - Ascendant 
  • Assorted flak (mix of bp and pre-made) - Master-craft

Upper south cave

Southeast cave

Swamp cave

Snow cave

• Metal hatched (pre-made) - Master-craft
  • Metal pick (pre-made) - Master-craft

Caverns of lost faith 

This cave is very easy as long as you have a lvl 40 + basilosaurus to deal with the electrophorus and cnidaria. Tusoteuthis would also work but is not necessary.

• Assault rifle (mix of bp and pre-made) - JourneymanMaster-craft, and Ascendant 
  • Fabricated Pistol (mix of bp and pre-made) - Journeyman, Master-craft, and Ascendant 
  • Trike saddle (bp) - Master-craft
  • Argentavis saddle (bp) - Master-craft, and Ascendant
  • Flak armor (mix of bp and pre-made) - Apprentice, Journeyman, Master-craft, Ascendant
  • Diplodocus saddle (bp) - RamshackleMaster-craft
  • Tapejara saddle (bp) - Apprentice
  • Therizinosaurus saddle (bp) - Ramshackle, Apprentice
  • Tusoteuthis saddle (bp) - Item quality?
  • Rocket launcher (bp) - Item quality before patch - Master-craft

Caverns of lost hope

Warning: This cave is very dangerous and should not be attempted unless you have one of the following; high level tusoteuthis, two or more descent basilosaurus's leveled in health, or a combination of the two. The reason for this is because of the large amount of electrophorus and cnidaria that spawn in the cave as well as the vast amount of other high level creatures such as plesiosaurs and mosasaurs.

• Miners hat (bp) - Master-craft
  • Flak gauntlets (pre-made) - Master-craft
  • Rex saddle (pre-made) - Master-craft

Map of the Island taken and edited from the Ark wiki to better reference cave locations and names

Screen Shot 2017-04-05 at 6.33.50 PM.png

7 minutes ago, Psych0P3nguin said:

Commenting here so I can find this easier when I do some research for these.

Exactly why i decided to make this post, i've seen posts on other games for loot tables but not on this one so I'm curious as to how well it will do. It will be very nice to have if people actually participate and reveal their findings to the community so grinding for bps and item quality stuff will be easier and less time consuming.

Carno Island cave can have a red drop or a blue drop.  The red drop can have flak, rex saddle, spino saddle, assault rifle, longneck, argie saddle, ptera saddle and pretty much anything available from a regular land red drop but of much higher quality.  Gotten asc argie saddle bp out of carno cave along with MC flak and other saddle BPs.  Never got any bad BPs from the red drop, like auto turret, C4, fridge, ac bps.

Lower South cave-I've come across apprentice stone hatchet and stone pic bps with an occaional trike saddle at apprentice level  and phioma but also seen cloth stuff once in a while i want to go out on a limb and say anything found here will be Apprentice level cause everything i found was 

Snow Cave-i have found mc metal hatchet and Pic presume to believe BPs can be found there if your lucky thats the only things i found in there so far

8 hours ago, MostSpy said:

This kind information belongs on the wiki, not an obscure forum post. if you want to do a good samaritan deed go and update the wiki with this information instead.
Deep sea loot crates are also already on the wiki, its been well documented for a long time.

You are correct. But strictly on the wiki, how would I go about collecting data? The point is to collect data on this forum post so that someone can then transfer it to the wiki when it is complete.

21 hours ago, Brayn said:

Carno Island cave can have a red drop or a blue drop.  The red drop can have flak, rex saddle, spino saddle, assault rifle, longneck, argie saddle, ptera saddle and pretty much anything available from a regular land red drop but of much higher quality.  Gotten asc argie saddle bp out of carno cave along with MC flak and other saddle BPs.  Never got any bad BPs from the red drop, like auto turret, C4, fridge, ac bps.

I'll add the things that have item quality from this post but as for the flak, rex saddle, spins saddle, assault rifle, longneck and ptera saddle i will need information on pre-made vs bp and the item quality before I add them

I think you're missing general information about beacons that makes this task a lot easier.  In all beacons, if you can get it premade, you can also get it as a BP.  If the item has a quality associated with it (ie, mastercraft torch versus auto turret), then it can come at any quality.  Land beacons have a lower chance of giving you high quality versus a cave drop.  The "super bright" "halo" "double drop" land beacons have a lot higher chance of dropping higher quality items/BPs.  

Red Drops in caves can have any item from the beacon loot table, from cloth armor all the way up to level 70 I think engrams that you can learn.  Cave drops also have a much higher chance for super high quality.  Much higher than standard land beacons and a bit higher than the halo drops.

As such, assault rifle, simple pistol, fabby pistol, argie saddle, ptera saddle, mammoth saddle, anky saddle, spino saddle, rex saddle, longneck, prim shotgun, rocket launcher (no quality anymore), hide armor, pike, regular bow, stone hatchet/pickaxe, metal hatchet/pickaxe and flak have all dropped for me from a Carno Island red drop, each of varying qualities, each as a BP or a premade (yes, I've gotten premade MC cloth boots from a carno red drop, fml).

If I had to make an educated guess based on the hundreds of carno cave drops I've opened, I don't think the red drops in a cave can have items in them that do not have a quality modifier attached to them.  I cannot recall for 100% certain, but I don't believe I ever got a lamp post BP, auto turret BP, crop plot or other item/BP that could not have quality associated with it.

In short, your list is a lot easier to compile once you read the wiki and understand what can actually be in the various color drops and understand that you can get ascendant items from any drop.  They're just a LOT more commom from drops that have higher base quality chances on the random roll that is thrown when the drop spawns.

On 4/6/2017 at 6:13 PM, Brayn said:

I think you're missing general information about beacons that makes this task a lot easier.  In all beacons, if you can get it premade, you can also get it as a BP.  If the item has a quality associated with it (ie, mastercraft torch versus auto turret), then it can come at any quality.  Land beacons have a lower chance of giving you high quality versus a cave drop.  The "super bright" "halo" "double drop" land beacons have a lot higher chance of dropping higher quality items/BPs.  

Red Drops in caves can have any item from the beacon loot table, from cloth armor all the way up to level 70 I think engrams that you can learn.  Cave drops also have a much higher chance for super high quality.  Much higher than standard land beacons and a bit higher than the halo drops.

As such, assault rifle, simple pistol, fabby pistol, argie saddle, ptera saddle, mammoth saddle, anky saddle, spino saddle, rex saddle, longneck, prim shotgun, rocket launcher (no quality anymore), hide armor, pike, regular bow, stone hatchet/pickaxe, metal hatchet/pickaxe and flak have all dropped for me from a Carno Island red drop, each of varying qualities, each as a BP or a premade (yes, I've gotten premade MC cloth boots from a carno red drop, fml).

If I had to make an educated guess based on the hundreds of carno cave drops I've opened, I don't think the red drops in a cave can have items in them that do not have a quality modifier attached to them.  I cannot recall for 100% certain, but I don't believe I ever got a lamp post BP, auto turret BP, crop plot or other item/BP that could not have quality associated with it.

In short, your list is a lot easier to compile once you read the wiki and understand what can actually be in the various color drops and understand that you can get ascendant items from any drop.  They're just a LOT more commom from drops that have higher base quality chances on the random roll that is thrown when the drop spawns.

One reason in specific that I made this is to show the different quality trends from different caves as well as to see where the new saddles are spawning. For example, have you ever got a therizino saddle anywhere other than caverns of lost faith? I havn't and the data we are collecting shows this as well. So by making this conclusion, people that are say going for therizino saddles can just skip all the other caves and grind out the caverns of lost faith

Swamp Cave: very mixed loot. Everything from pre-made journeyman thatch hat to a mastercrafted rex bp. Also bp's of mastercraft hide stuff (who the raptor needs this?) and thatch stuff as well as journeyman of both. Not sure about ascendent bp's. 

Hunter Cave: tzz not worth going there

Heard that the ascendent and mastercrafted fur, riot, giga saddle, ect. are in the deep sea loot crates or the new underwater ridiculous shocking cage of pain. 

On Wednesday, April 05, 2017 at 0:10 PM, Taconite said:

*Note: Please include item quality in your posts for each item.

So the point of this post is to consolidate everything we know about the ark island loot tables into one area so that we can narrow down which things spawn in which areas to enable us to grind out only certain caves or drops to find what we are looking for. For example, I happen to know that the caverns of lost faith is a great place to find fabricated pistols and fabricated assault rifles of journeyman quality or better at a decently high rate. So what I'm going to do is list off all of the island's caves and you can tell me in the comments what you have gotten from them and I will add them to my post as I am able to. Also if you have solid advice as to easy ways to beat the caves and find the drops in question I can also add this information to the post. (Include item quality and if it's a bp or pre-made)( I would also like to point out that this is only for official servers or servers running official settings for loot tables and difficulty)

Central cave

• Assorted cloth gear - Ramshackle

Northwest cave

Lower south cave

• Assorted cloth armor (mix of bp and pre-made) - Ramshackle, Apprentice
  • Stone hatchet (bp) - Apprentice
  • Stone pickaxe (bp) - Apprentice
  • Trike saddle (bp) - Apprentice
  • Phioma saddle (bp) - Apprentice

Northeast cave

• Cloth gear - Apprentice
  • Slingshot (bp) - Journeyman
  • Argentavis saddle (bp) - Ascendant 
  • Assorted flak (mix of bp and pre-made) - Master-craft

Upper south cave

Southeast cave

Swamp cave

Snow cave

• Metal hatched (pre-made) - Master-craft
  • Metal pick (pre-made) - Master-craft

Caverns of lost faith 

This cave is very easy as long as you have a lvl 40 + basilosaurus to deal with the electrophorus and cnidaria. Tusoteuthis would also work but is not necessary.

• Assault rifle (mix of bp and pre-made) - JourneymanMaster-craft, and Ascendant 
  • Fabricated Pistol (mix of bp and pre-made) - Journeyman, Master-craft, and Ascendant 
  • Trike saddle (bp) - Master-craft
  • Argentavis saddle (bp) - Master-craft, and Ascendant
  • Flak armor (mix of bp and pre-made) - Apprentice, Journeyman, Master-craft, Ascendant
  • Diplodocus saddle (bp) - RamshackleMaster-craft
  • Tapejara saddle (bp) - Apprentice
  • Therizinosaurus saddle (bp) - Ramshackle, Apprentice
  • Tusoteuthis saddle (bp) - Item quality?
  • Rocket launcher (bp) - Item quality before patch - Master-craft

Caverns of lost hope

Warning: This cave is very dangerous and should not be attempted unless you have one of the following; high level tusoteuthis, two or more descent basilosaurus's leveled in health, or a combination of the two. The reason for this is because of the large amount of electrophorus and cnidaria that spawn in the cave as well as the vast amount of other high level creatures such as plesiosaurs and mosasaurs.

• Miners hat (bp) - Master-craft
  • Flak gauntlets (pre-made) - Master-craft
  • Rex saddle (pre-made) - Master-craft

Map of the Island taken and edited from the Ark wiki to better reference cave locations and names

Screen Shot 2017-04-05 at 6.33.50 PM.png

Found asc miners hat bp in swamp.cave as well as many mc flak etc

Caverns of Lost Faith.

My base is built right on top of it so I can clear it in 5 mins or less and have done so hundreds of times.  In addition/modification to your list Id add:

• Chali saddle BP all quality
  • Kapro saddle BP all quality up to MC so far, so probably Asc as well but just rare.
  • Theri saddle BP all quality up to MC so far, so probably Asc as well but just rare.
  • Tapejara saddle BP all quality up to MC so far, so probably Asc as well but just rare.
  • Squid saddle BP Ascendant.  Only ever seen this one bp for squids ever.

Plus a bunch of uncommon or non specific loot:

• Rex saddle item, mostly MC, rarely JM/Asc
  • Megalodon saddle items MC only
  • Argent bp/item, apprentice or higher

Archived