New UI Feedback and Thoughts

Jtmorris

I noticed on PS4 I can't use "R1" once you open your inventory anymore to bring up the crafting menu, that saved a lot of time for me personally as I can get quite frustrated navigating the menu with the analog stick sometimes.

Using items inside your inventory with R2 now seems much much slower too.

Other than those two minor items which I can probably get used to fairly quickly, I like it.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The chatbox is blocking item.slots if you go to inventory. Chatbox on normal few is to big so you do not see the first few letters. 

And the one that decided it was smart to use the same color for back ground and font needs a few lessons in user friendly GUI colors. 

Go to options and chat and GUI blocking alot of options. Realy easy to read the info then.....

Windows 8 dev hired to make this GUI? What works on one thing is not always working on another thing.  

A simple test by using what you made in game would have shown most problems. This waa dropped without test

Xbox user here.

Generally I like the crispness of the new UI but I agree the blue text on blue background does have me leaning towards the screen sometimes.
I like the auto stacking now and the way the inventories remember your sorting choice but I can't seem to see a Craft all X dialogue anywhere. Yes, pressing Y will craft them all but I can't see how many that will be without doing the maths first. That's a bit irritating when you're crafting a lot of something with several ingredients.
I don't think the survivor portrait needs to be so big. Having it a quarter of the size would be adequate and allow freedom to rearrange the rest.

After using it for awhile its just not as good as the old one. Couldn't read difference between parasaur and pteradon for kibble while imprinting. Couldn't figure out why it wouldn't work lol. Crafting items is pain as it doesn't tell how many can be crafted with amount of current mats. Double clicking x with lag is a crap shoot lol. When I check my armory bin can't tell difference between yellow or green lvl items. Ascendant items look pink instead of red which is not cool lol. Old system wasn't broke but I guess somebody need to make others there job is important. I do love the sorting option.

11 hours ago, skeeta said:

but I can't seem to see a Craft all X dialogue anywhere. Yes, pressing Y will craft them all but I can't see how many that will be without doing the maths first. That's a bit irritating when you're crafting a lot of something with several ingredients.

When you select the engram or bp the number will show up in the button callouts in the upper left hand side of the screen.

I think the new UI is a pretty big improvement to the old UI.

But with that being said, it's a little too futuristic when you first start the game.  You're banging your fist against a tree for wood, but then the UI pops up and it's all "lazers and space theme".

Maybe just add a re-skin of the UI based on your level:

1.  When you start, prehistoric theme.  Dirty, rock colored buttons, sticks for dividers, etc.

2.  When you reach half of max level, a more industrial age theme.  Cleaner, gears, steel colored buttons, rope dividers, etc.

3.  When you reach close to max level, then you get the current lazers and future theme.

Just a little bit of an immersion change by re-skinning the existing UI.

35 minutes ago, InfectionPromoter said:

I think the new UI is a pretty big improvement to the old UI.

But with that being said, it's a little too futuristic when you first start the game.  You're banging your fist against a tree for wood, but then the UI pops up and it's all "lazers and space theme".

Maybe just add a re-skin of the UI based on your level:

1.  When you start, prehistoric theme.  Dirty, rock colored buttons, sticks for dividers, etc.

2.  When you reach half of max level, a more industrial age theme.  Cleaner, gears, steel colored buttons, rope dividers, etc.

3.  When you reach close to max level, then you get the current lazers and future theme.

Just a little bit of an immersion change by re-skinning the existing UI.

It's a holographic projection that comes from a chip embed within your wrist. Personally I'd expect it to be fairly futuristic lol. 

Aside from all the readability issues that I've posted and seen posted the other issue I'm having is with crafting folder view.

Every time I exit by character screen and go back to the crafting tab it has switched from folder view to all visible. When I click the folder view button it flashes the folders then goes back to the entire list again. It usually takes me 5 clicks to get it to stay on folder.  Is anyone else having this issue?

• 3 months later...

You guys really need a GUI artist. I love the game. Absolutely love it. I would like to request only one change to the UI. Allow us to chose our own color scheme. I do not have perfect vision. The current color scheme makes reading the small text impossible unless I get up and look at the screen like Mr Mago. (Showing my age here). I often opt for Amber in games like fallout 4 because it is easier to read.

Accessibility has always been an issue with games. I know, I worked on many and pleas from people about accessibility often fell on the back burner when you are pushing to get a game out. Now that I'm disabled, I regret not doing more.

IMG_5445.JPG

Archived