Wiping Officials: The big Reddit discussion

JetJaguar

32 minutes ago, TherizinoMcLovin said:

It was $55 prior to tax on PS4 without option to just buy base game.  And many games have said no wipes planned, but due to things coming up that weren't planned did anyway.  Most games do just plan to wipe as it's easier and levels the playing field. 

And you're still ignoring the fact that with server transferring available anything other than wiping servers puts all non-EA players at a significant disadvantage.  And leaves EA players to sweep in at release and just wipe each new server or troll them.

Which would lead to massive amounts of negative press, feedback, ratings, etc.  even more so than wiping official servers of an EA game.

Im talking about PVE. No one is sweeping in and wiping each other. The PVE servers do not have the issues ongoing with the PVP servers.

Warframe has been in beta since 2013 and still going..

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, JetJaguar said:

We can go in circles. Servers wiped. 5 months pass. New alpha tribes. New wave of players come in due to Steam sale. Map is full of foundations/pillars and alphas use dinos to kite new players. Same situation. Doesnt matter. Wipe isnt solving the isssues..

Too much common sense to be arguing with kids on this forum lol. 

To be fair, it is only EA.. not even beta yet.. what would stop anyone moving their char/tribe onto any new servers done for release and owning those as well? You'll end up with fresh players being owned by alpha tribes already established.. Wild Card need to make a decision for release and communicate that to the masses.. if it ends up being a wipe.. then suck it up and get on with it.. if it's new servers then so be it.. stop people from transferring onto those servers.. but then you'll end up with a bunch of players that are segregated and unable to interact with the rest of the established community.. well that's my 2c worth 

new servers idea is alright and stop the transfer to them for like 1month-2months :) so noone can claim land or move the entire base . I see no point to wipe the servers for a fresh start cause this will make only to loose more players than to gain them even with steam sales . Im a pve players so i have no idea about how PVP going at the moment but i see couple of topics everyday complaining about PVP

Ah and one more thing pve dont need to suffer again for PVP nerfs :) just my own oppinion . 

On pve side just need to increase dino limits over the servers thats all .

What would stop people from transferring in and taking over the new servers? Not allowing transfers to those servers from the old ones for at least a month.

What would stop people from using their knowledge of the game gained from the EA period and creating a new character to dominate these new servers? Absolutely nothing, the exact same absolutely nothing that would stop them from using that knowledge to get back to the top before you have any chance of fighting back if the servers were wiped.

There is no such thing as a level playing field when knowing everything about the game, including the best places to build for the fastest growth, gives you such a massive advantage over a brand new player. At best, wiping the servers buys you a week before the alpha tribes are alphas again, and they eat your face.

2 minutes ago, vanyelxp5 said:

What would stop people from transferring in and taking over the new servers? Not allowing transfers to those servers from the old ones for at least a month.

What would stop people from using their knowledge of the game gained from the EA period and creating a new character to dominate these new servers? Absolutely nothing, the exact same absolutely nothing that would stop them from using that knowledge to get back to the top before you have any chance of fighting back if the servers were wiped.

There is no such thing as a level playing field when knowing everything about the game, including the best places to build for the fastest growth, gives you such a massive advantage over a brand new player. At best, wiping the servers buys you a week before the alpha tribes are alphas again, and they eat your face.

true alphas will always remain alphas cause of massive ammount of players and knowlage about the game and strats . Like i said aswell the not allowing transfer to new server for like 1-2 months would be alright . And lets be honest if will be a wipe and no bug fixes ark will loose alot of players thats sure .

PVE side beside dino cap and pillar things i dont see any other issues to be wiped :) and those two can be solved without a wipe thats sure . 

Well being a PvE player that has been here since the start if they wipe I'm done.

We all started out the same... the only way you end up thriving is if you put in the time, wait for someone to give up, and then move to the next best spot then wait rinse and repeat... if the developers would just FIX THE PILLAR problem everything would be absolutely fine on PvE and it seems sooooo easy to fix just limit the number of pillars for each tribe to say 50 (or some other number). I counted my pillars today and I've got 41 that's on one large base, one satellite base, and two individual taming pens. I remember (as most of us do) starting out next to some huge base in a little house and the investment it took to get to where we are now... new players need to go through this to truly appreciate and learn the game.

In my opinion the only real problem on the PvE servers is the damn pillaring of the entire map by the mega tribes.

PvP hard to say but I'd imagine unless they belong to a large(r) tribe players likely quit and the turn over is extremely high but not being one that ventures there I really can't say what good a wipe would truly do there either.

1 hour ago, Lucifina said:

Well being a PvE player that has been here since the start if they wipe I'm done.

We all started out the same... the only way you end up thriving is if you put in the time, wait for someone to give up, and then move to the next best spot then wait rinse and repeat... if the developers would just FIX THE PILLAR problem everything would be absolutely fine on PvE and it seems sooooo easy to fix just limit the number of pillars for each tribe to say 50 (or some other number). I counted my pillars today and I've got 41 that's on one large base, one satellite base, and two individual taming pens. I remember (as most of us do) starting out next to some huge base in a little house and the investment it took to get to where we are now... new players need to go through this to truly appreciate and learn the game.

In my opinion the only real problem on the PvE servers is the damn pillaring of the entire map by the mega tribes.

PvP hard to say but I'd imagine unless they belong to a large(r) tribe players likely quit and the turn over is extremely high but not being one that ventures there I really can't say what good a wipe would truly do there either.

I don't think limiting the number of pillars is the answer, unless you mean unattached pillars, in which case that might work. I know I've got way more than 50 just in my house, let alone the bronto sale platform, and the small amount of territory I have claimed. around the base.

I am not sure why people keep thinking that a wipe will help them. The servers have all been wiped before. At the time I thought it was going to be awesome, everyone starting over from scratch.

Wrong.

In fact the alpha tribes grew faster the second time around. They took all the cool places. The smaller tribes barely had a chance to build a thatch house and the alpha tribes where out claiming  and taming. Remember, the more people in a tribe the more shared experience you get. So the alpha tribes had multiple metal bases as we finally made it to stone engrams.

1 minute ago, ArkRage said:

I really hope they wipe them or this game will fail so bad. I watched nooblets video about how its broken already and I agree 100%. And ffs at least moderate the chat. I made a thread about the way I was spoken to which was deleted because it's "inappropriate for the forums" yeah, well, it's inappropriate in game chat too but nothing was done about that was it. Lol. Sorry, just ranting.

Because you're supposed to make a ticket about it, not a thread.

14 hours ago, JetJaguar said:

There are a good number of threads on the Ark Reddit calling for official server wipes. And when I mean a good number, I mean like every other post is a thread about a wipe. A majority of it seems to stem from the duping that’s going on or has recently occurred. Theres enough of a hoopla being made that Jen responded to some of the posts: At the most recent convention, Jeremey/Ark devs mentioned that they are still deciding what they want to do with official servers when the game is "released": Add new servers? Wipe? So that post Jat put up months ago seems null and void. See the video here http://www.gdcvault.com/play/1024229/-ARK-Survival-Evolved-Lessons

What is frustrating in all of this is that PVE does not work like PVP. I can 100% understand the frustration of someone duping Tek gear in PVP. This would affect YOU if YOU play on that same server. But on PVE? Is duping even going on with PVE servers? Whats the gain on PVE if it is? Just to look cool?

PVE seems to be another animal entirely. I cant imagine what duping would accomplish on a PVE server. But that’s not quite the issue. On PVE, people have spent months if not since the games release, building huge elaborate bases, working breeding lines, etc. To see this all go away will suck if a complete wipe is forced on all the officials.

I cant quite understand what a wipe at this point would accomplish: Would you get that prime base spot you could never get because someone else has been there? Would the pillars NEVER come back again on any server? Would alpha tribes vanish forever? Would the folks who’ve spent thousands of hours in game be forced to spend thousands more to get breeding lines going again? Would the tamed dino count never reach 4,000 again on servers? Would the platform cap never be reached?

I truly hope when considering a wipe the devs realize the major differences between PVE and PVP gameplay and whats all involved in both servers. I love the game but with the amount of time Ive invested in it, I don't think I could start over yet again from scratch. At that point I'd be visiting other games Ive been ignoring to play Ark. Frustrating but no intention on trying to reclaim all those hours/days once again..

Bro you do realise on PvE if you choose to go to war with someone that its then full on PvP an if they have duped items your gonna get wrecked so im sorry to say that IF a full wipe upon release does go ahead it's will affect both PvE an P

Lol at people who say "well they said they won't". They also said they would never allow cross ark transfer. But they did. Some people were wiped within the first days. Unprepared. Some people have a right to be salty. Some people have become the victims of duping raiders who have a literal endless supply of Dino's and weapons. I'm sure they put in their work too, the people who were alpha moments before duping zerg tribes showed up.

Most of you havent had that issue but value your work over theirs. I left officials. Right around the time people invaded and built a base under the map and the devs or admins or whoever took their sweet little time to come and scope it out.

This game is riddled with bugs. But I still love it. We all do. Its also an alpha. Its moronic that they made such a promise. I can garuntee everyone that leaves due to a wipe, has more then got their monies worth, and half of those that say they will leave would probably bitch for a week then play again.

Ark is a time consuming black hole. Some have a lot, some have little. But with cross ark transfers, AND no wipe, new players would never stand a chance, IN PvP. Some tribes used duping excessively. To the point where some tribes probably have vaults and vaults of the most valuable resources. New people can't compete with that. If those tribes decide to hop to all the new servers to flex their strength(and we all know a lot of tribes will), how is anyone on the "new player servers" supposed to stop them?

Wipe the servers, on release. And that'd just it, it hasn't released. It'd like a demo, a demo I have put over 1000 hours into. I've been raided. Been alpha. Raided servers. When the game releases, wipe it. Some may disagree, and a wipe wouldn't benefit every individual, but it would benefit the game as a whole.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, CriD said:

They also said they would never allow cross ark transfer. But they did. Some people were wiped within the first days. Unprepared.

They announced it at least 3 weeks before it actually happens by releasing a picture of SE with a Giga as upcoming which was more than enough for anyone to guess what was going to happens. Also, the forums started talking about that actively.

As for duping, they started mass banning dupers and... more will come.

15 hours ago, JetJaguar said:

But I spent $30 on a game, another $30 on an expansion and now everything I spent hours, days, months getting legitimately is to be taken away to give people a "level" playing field? What type of "level" playing field are we talking about here? What you get out of ANY game depends on the number of hours you put INTO a game (And range..). So a person playing 24/7 is always going to have a lot more then the new guy or the guy who can only play a few hours per week. So again, you'll  have people with a lot and people with little. How is leveling the playing field applying here?

Why didn't Blizzard do that when I finally picked WoW up?

you're quite dense arent you? you are comparing a fully released game with multiple expansions to a EA game? Early Access means its still getting developped while you play it. 

you know there are alot of players who intentionally dont play EA games because they dont like their time to be wasted right? you're basically giving all these players the big finger. 

You would be right if the game was already on gold release and people were asking for a wipe 1 year after. then i can say you are right and that they should have bought the game earlier. but not now, right now we are testing the servers so they can iron out the bugs and glitches, so they can add content and hear our feedback on it and after everything is done and the game is 'finished' and ready for release, they should wipe it all and give the game a fresh start free of creatures obtained in ways that is impossible, duped items etc etc.

is there anything you do not understand about this?

Archived