ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't remember if this has been asked before, but would it be possible to make the stacking sizes adjustable via a server command? For example, the current stacking sizes would be a default value of 1.0, and raising the value of the parameter would multiply the in-game stack sizes by that much?

Additional question, a long time ago you created a server setting that would allow for cached data on the user side and decreased log-on times. Has this been further developed?

33 minutes ago, ilShadow said:

Can we get some of the PC skins on consoles? Like the dino glasses, also the good looking hunter hat. Also can you fix the placement of hats with skins on them on dinos like both pithicus's, jerboas and kairuku?

Lastly can we also get the ability to put hats on dodo's?

Wow that all sounds great!

On 2/22/2017 at 1:34 PM, Jat said:

Hey Survivors,

Got a question for the next ARK Digest? Let us know! 

My questions I hope are answered are as follows. They mostly focus on server and Game Health

1. Refrigerated food trough? This would help out the solo tribe member or small tribes tremendously.
  2. The Dino's/tames and structures that are left when a tribe quits playing. Has any thought been given into making them revert back to wild state? Or that they are just destroyed? Reverting back to be wild would help with the World tame cap issues we are experiencing. If you made it to where tames are auto destroyed would also help with world tame caps. 
  3. Would it be possible to also accelerate the decaying process once a structural item associated with a tribe is destroy-able or just auto destroyed? It could have its own bubble of influence. That would help keep the servers clean. It could be a possible solution for pillars as well?
  4. Has any thought been given into Community in game GM's? These could be players/forum members picked by wild card. the structure of it could work as follows. A new GM sub group would be created in the forums with the listed GM members. These GM's could have limited admin commands. People who are having in game issues involving Harassment,lost dino's, and such. Players would reach out to GM's through the forum first. The system would police itself in the aspect. It would help clean up and tone down the amount of service tickets sent to Official Wild Card customer service.  Also if there is any abuse reported against a GM. The player base could then submit a ticket against the GM. A good cost effective way to handle item/dino loss and server trolls. 
  5. Is there a plan in place for Ark Evolved to eventually be cross-platform? Or at least PVE cross platform play? Keyboard and Mouse survivors have a serious advantage with Pvp.
  6. Has the thought about full server wipe upon release been revisited? This game has been so drastically altered since its beginnings on Steam(I was there) to where it is at now. I mostly play on console now. (recliner > computer chair) Or at the least resetting xbox one servers? 

I've really enjoyed this game so far and keep taking breaks and coming back to start all over. (3 times on PC, 5 times on console.)

On 22/02/2017 at 7:34 PM, Jat said:

Hey Survivors,

Got a question for the next ARK Digest? Let us know! 

Three questions I would like answered please.

1. Is there any possibility of some land caves large enough that you can bring in rex size dinos such as the rex, spino, so forth (everything beside giga and flying tames dismount). This will make more use of these dinos in PvE as they are currently used for boss battles only. Also with the introduction of the new sea caves where we took our mossa's, we found it a challenge but incredibly fun and I liked the idea of being able to take a large tame and explore difficult land caves. 

2. Will we see breeding permanently increased or increased for weekends as perfect 150 wild tames take hours to tame whereas bred dinos can take days or even a week regardless of level. I know that resource gathering and taming were doubled from original base and it seems breeding may have been neglected. Alternatively, will we have a way to pause/slow down the growth of the baby and subsequently extend imprinting times as it continues to prove difficult to raise a dino around work. Also bosses appear to be heavily reliant on bred dinos to be achievable.

3. Jellyfish's and eels' shock currently dismount riders and immobilise a tame fully as well as apply torpor. Will there be a way to counter this on tames such as a mossa as these can become left for dead if you are not careful or lucky. Maybe their saddles could provide some insulation so the shock would drain stamina and when the stamina depletes you are thrown of the tame. The higher the stamina or better the saddle the longer you can be zapped for. At present, our mossa's have become useless due to the schools of eels which are difficult to dodge. 

Thanks for reading and hopefully considering in your next digest,

Catalyst

Can you make more specific Disable resource harvesting button. unlike closing all harvesting it can close specific resources for example anky can gather berries,seeds,metal,flint,stone,crystal,obsidian,wood,thatch so it would be good to close gathering all resources except metal,crystal and obsidian. I know it looks too much work but you dont need to go too much specific about it(i mean you dont need to do it for all kind of berries just on/off berry gathering would be enough).

12 minutes ago, UranoMetria said:

Do you guys read all digest questions or only up to a certain point? Some people submit right after a new digest, so do their submissions get a chance at being accepted?

FWIW there have been somewhere around 3-4 digest request threads posted since the last digest they did.  REALLY hope they do another digest soon, but given how far they are behind I don't know which ones they'll read now. :(

Good day,

first time poster long time player. I have noticed that there are a lot of skins that are available to view on the wiki however these skins are event drops only yet i have seen no events for the PS4 ark servers since i have started playing.

Question: when will the next event be and what loot can be attained. 

• Jen unpinned this topic
  • Jatheish pinned this topic

Archived