Nitrado - ARK gameserver rental

Nitrado

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nitrado servers have been down for over 2 days. Support keeps sending messages like it is a personal problem yet the forums on nitrado reflect that everyone is having the problem. It is unprofessional and frankly untrustworthy behavior of a company. I am disappointed that Ark Survival sent me to these untrustworthy people as their official server hosts. https://board.nitrado.net/support-en-english-only/support-gameserver/board163-ark-survival-evolved/

• Chris unpinned and pinned this topic

Hey guys,

Please excuse the late replies. Since this is not an official Nitrado support forum we're not as active as it seems we should be :-)

On 1/11/2016 at 0:58 PM, IVAN1 said:

Good afternoon. On the server The-EU-Official Server 99 (on Nitrado) 2 days do not collect resources. Dinosaur Doedicurus not quarried stone. Triceratops (Tricke) does not extract wood and thatch. Mining operations sometimes resumes but not for long. And also strongly inhibits the server. On official servers should not be such absurd problems. We are waiting for you to action.

The official servers are hosted by us, but managed by Wildcard. When the issue still exists, I can forward it to somebody of the team and they hopefully have a look at it. Please let me know.

On 1/13/2016 at 4:59 PM, TropicalBueno said:

Do anyone know when Nitrado will launch servers for rent for Xbox One?

I'm afraid nobody really knows exactly when it'll be possible to launch private xbox servers. 

On 1/15/2016 at 8:36 AM, Nightcrawler said:

Hello.Im noob in this server renting issues so i have some questions :P

Does it matter my pc&isp performance if i rent a server? (i mean does the server located in my pc or nitrado?)

When you can play the game well on other servers, you're good. The server itself is located at Nitrado which is a plus because all your PC's resources can be used to just play the game. Then ordering the server choose the nearest location to you. We're currently offering USA west + east coast, UK London, EU Germany/Frankfurt, TR Istanbul, AR Buenos Aires as server locations.

On 1/18/2016 at 0:23 PM, Bob12 said:

Nitrado servers have been down for over 2 days. Support keeps sending messages like it is a personal problem yet the forums on nitrado reflect that everyone is having the problem. It is unprofessional and frankly untrustworthy behavior of a company. I am disappointed that Ark Survival sent me to these untrustworthy people as their official server hosts. https://board.nitrado.net/support-en-english-only/support-gameserver/board163-ark-survival-evolved/

I'm pretty sure servers weren't offline for 2 days. We're constantly monitoring all instances and we react fast when there is something strange going on. Since I don't know what server you're talking about it's impossible to help here. But feel free to contact me via private message and I'll personally have a look at your server.

On 1/22/2016 at 7:38 AM, Cosmos said:

Just purchased a server, under the assumption that this ad with these words in "Server Advertisement" i.e. for server admins, not players. That this statement right here means that I should be able to automatically download mods onto my server without having to upload them from a local place via FTP.

I feel misled and tricked. Whilst your servers are good, making this statement and highlighting it in bold, you know exactly what you want customers to presume with that. Every ARK server has the ability to awfully download mods on that server, so don't act like this is something special by picking you as a provider.

I picked this provider because of this, but I'm posting to warn others. Yes, this provider is a good one, that's why I'm keeping it. BUT if you only want it for their bolded highlighted feature, then don't bother... it's a heavily misleaded bit of text.

Thank you.

"Automatic steam workshop download for server mods": We have implemented the algorithms to be able to download and unpack the workshop files automatically before starting the server. As a server owner all you need to enable mods is to enter the workshop mod IDs in a comma separated list to the web UI settings field "Active Mods (IDs)". The server then installs those mods automatically when it starts. There is indeed no need to upload them painfully manually via FTP. This feature is actually special because other host providers don't offer that. Currently ARK does not provide this function out of the box and it was quiet tricky to implement it because the workshop downloads needs to be converted and unpacked in a very special way.
Please let me know why you feel misled and tricked because I really don't understand.

Cheers,

Marcel

2 minutes ago, kortniechan said:

I am interested in renting a server. Can you tell me what options i have as far as ram goes?

What is decent ram for an ark server? , what is default in lets say a 20 slot package, and how much does upgrading ram cost?

Hey,

The RAM selection only affects Minecraft - that's why it's called "Minecraft exclusive RAM". For ARK you can go with a standard Publicserver. There are no limitations in ressources.

On 09/02/2016 at 3:03 PM, Nitrado said:

"Automatic steam workshop download for server mods": We have implemented the algorithms to be able to download and unpack the workshop files automatically before starting the server. As a server owner all you need to enable mods is to enter the workshop mod IDs in a comma separated list to the web UI settings field "Active Mods (IDs)". The server then installs those mods automatically when it starts. There is indeed no need to upload them painfully manually via FTP. This feature is actually special because other host providers don't offer that. Currently ARK does not provide this function out of the box and it was quiet tricky to implement it because the workshop downloads needs to be converted and unpacked in a very special way.
Please let me know why you feel misled and tricked because I really don't understand.

This doesn't seem true, and IF this is the case then it isn't documented anywhere, because:

• The Nitrado wiki tells you to upload manually via FTP: https://wiki.nitrado.net/en/Install_mods_on_an_ARK:_Survival_Evolved_server
  • Even if this is the case for the original download, updates are not handled - if the mod is updated then I have always had to manually FTP the mod and restart the server, whereas this would not be necessary if it worked as you have stated.

On 09/02/2016 at 3:03 PM, Nitrado said:

I'm pretty sure servers weren't offline for 2 days. We're constantly monitoring all instances and we react fast when there is something strange going on. Since I don't know what server you're talking about it's impossible to help here. But feel free to contact me via private message and I'll personally have a look at your server.

For what it's worth, I've had almost constant problems the past several days - with the web interface saying "Server Running" when it plainly isn't (e.g. nothing but a .crashstack file in the FTP logs), the server running but not accepting connections (always "Timeout connecting to Host"), or just starting and freezing on load (log file shows up to "Loaded primal data in x seconds" but never gets to the "Full data load" stage). At one point the server timestamp (as per the web interface) was about six hours behind true time.  I've lost at least a couple of days playing due to Nitrado flakiness, but no communication or apology/reimbursement for time lost has been forthcoming.

I suspect the "Server Running"/"Server Stopped" indicator is nothing but a memory of 'What was the last button pressed on the web interface", because it certainly doesn't seem to relate to the process status/server load status. I guess monitoring the log to look at the loading stage, or monitoring the exact PID is a bit much to ask?

Hey guys,

The Wiki page is indeed not up2date. The automatic mod downloader works perfect. But you're right that the downloaded contents are cached, because there is no proper way to see if the mod got updated. We thought downloading mods on every restart won't be the best solution because of the longer startup time. That cache got wiped on each ARK update. Anyway we'll implement an option for you to force an mod update with the next restart which might be the best solution for it.

When any of you found a case where mods are not automatically downloaded, please let me know. Please tell me where there is the lie, because I think it's just a misunderstanding.

@Xgkkp: The indicator in the webinterface shows the state of the real process. Additionally the dashboard shows realtime information, as soon as your server is responding to source queries (server name, players, version). Unfortunately sometimes it could happen that processes crash in a werid way so that the PID still exists, but it's not responding anymore. That's pretty nasty what windows does and why it really sucks for servers. But for some games (incl. ARK), windows is still the preferred server platform. I'd love to have a closer look to your server especially. Just let me know your username/userid via private message when you want.

@Cosmos: We use the payment service provider ingenico epayments (formerly known as Global Collect) and they don't offer refunds for Skrill payments through their API. I'll ask them to double check this. Thanks for pointing out. Anyway I don't see a single reason why you'd like to change provider. I appreciate any feedback because we want to constantly improve our services.

@Nitrado We have an ark server since 2 weeks and we need to manually upload and update the mods since the first day via an ftp client. Everytime a mod gets updated on steam it isn't compatible anymore with the server mods also if we restart the server. After an update we get connection lost or can't build anything from the updated mods. We only can solve this problem with updating the mods manually with an ftp client which is slowly cause some mods are 1-2 gb huge.

On 13/02/2016 at 9:14 AM, Nitrado said:

Hey guys,

The Wiki page is indeed not up2date. The automatic mod downloader works perfect. But you're right that the downloaded contents are cached, because there is no proper way to see if the mod got updated. We thought downloading mods on every restart won't be the best solution because of the longer startup time. That cache got wiped on each ARK update. Anyway we'll implement an option for you to force an mod update with the next restart which might be the best solution for it.

If it's not documented anywhere, then nobody will know how to use it, or even that the feature exists. RE: Version update; Easy: Since mod versions are global, just have a single, central cache that is updated e.g. once per hour, and just check before restarting - or even better, queue a restart for affected servers (maybe just ones that auto-installed?) a short+random time after the mod is updated (given that nobody will be able to join if the server has the old mod version, anyway)

On 13/02/2016 at 9:14 AM, Nitrado said:

@Xgkkp: The indicator in the webinterface shows the state of the real process. Additionally the dashboard shows realtime information, as soon as your server is responding to source queries (server name, players, version). Unfortunately sometimes it could happen that processes crash in a werid way so that the PID still exists, but it's not responding anymore. That's pretty nasty what windows does and why it really sucks for servers. But for some games (incl. ARK), windows is still the preferred server platform. I'd love to have a closer look to your server especially. Just let me know your username/userid via private message when you want.

The reason I wonder is because very often it'll say running etc, but not a single line has been written in the log file. Is there perhaps a separate steam query service that is reporting these numbers, without the main game being running? At the very least, it might be useful to parse the server output to tell if it is loading primal data/fully loaded, considering that the time scales for this are wildly fluctuating. I don't know how parity/performance related the linux server is, but from my experience, yeah, it seemed less recommended - e.g. the server process gave NO output, not even the little that the windows server does.

As for my server, I've been moved physical machines by support and it seems to be mostly okay, though I just needed a restart as it wasn't showing in the server browsers/reporting, this seems to be a pretty common problem.

On 14/02/2016 at 2:53 PM, n00bfight3r said:

@Nitrado We have an ark server since 2 weeks and we need to manually upload and update the mods since the first day via an ftp client. Everytime a mod gets updated on steam it isn't compatible anymore with the server mods also if we restart the server. After an update we get connection lost or can't build anything from the updated mods. We only can solve this problem with updating the mods manually with an ftp client which is slowly cause some mods are 1-2 gb huge.

As for this; Use something like rsync/winscp's synchronize - it'll scan over the folder structures and only upload the files that have changed - most mods probably won't change all of the large files every version, so you can save significant time.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey,

Thanks to all of your feedback in this thread we've reworked our mod control and made it even more convenient.

The webinterface now shows more details of the installed mods and also does a version check. When there is a newer version available you can just hit the update button and the server does the rest.

No need for manual FTP, Scp, Rsync or whatever workaround is needed to update the mods.
56e9e461e3edb_Nitrado.netWebinterfaceARK
Please note: The update function is only available for automatically downloaded mods. When you manually uploaded mods before, simply stop the server (and wait until it's really stopped) and delete the mod files via FTP or webinterface. The server will download the latest version of the mods with the next startup including all new features.

Marcel

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I recently rented a server on nitrado, moving my server from another hosting because nitrado is sponsored by ark and i thought it would be better, but now I have the problem that nitrado NO SHOWS THEIR SERVERS IN THE LIST OF NO OFFICIAL ARK SERVERS, and this is a big problem, because we pay for each slot, and if not enter new people does not help us at all and each slot is money lost.

Nitrado answered me in their forum, that this problem is because of Ark, who does not want to show all their servers, that the appearance on the list is random and geolocalizated, but my server was before in another hosting also in Germany,(im from spain) and appearance on the list was instant, so here I do not quite believe it. I have asked to them in their forum to follow the steps in this page your http://ark.gamepedia.com/Dedicated_Server_Setup to open the firewall ports and being showed on the list, and told me it is very difficult to open firewall ports because they have too much servers and should be too much work, so that's the problem, they do not open the ports needed to get being showed on the list.

I repeat, they said the problem is because of Ark, who do not want to show their servers, so I think if this info is true, Ark or WIldcard, that sponsors and advertising Nitrado, should:

Show absolutely all their servers

OR

Force Nitrado to open the ports needed to show every their servers.

We pay a lot of money for public servers, and if they are not shown on the list, THE SERVERS ARE NOT PUBLIC, and then Nitrado should change the name of “public server” to “private or no public server” and you should stop sponsor them for the people dont rent with them because well dont be advertising on the list.

Someone has to take half on it and make changes, I spent more than 8 hours moving my server to nitrado thinking will be a good change but if I do not appear on lists i'll have to spend again 8 hours to take him back to another hosting where  It will be shown on the list INSTANTLY like my last hosting.

I would like to know the real reason why nitrado or Ark does not display all servers in the lists of unofficial, I'm not the only one complaining about this situation on the internet, there are hundreds of people and forums complaining about the same thing telling is a shame, hundreds of euros and lots of hours wasted.

Anyway I love your game and your hard work with it and every new changes and addons <3

Staying on nitrado or not I will still having a server and playing a lot

I hope you have a good day :)

(sorry if my english sint that correct I hope you can understand me) 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, WC has said the latest v765, which contains rentable servers, is Nov 6th. However, they said they estimated it to be done on Nov 1st. No update yet however. I’ve left my Xbox on for 2 straight days in anticipation. I know it’ll come, but I’m just so excited. Just think: no tame limits. No crashes.

its ark heaven 

Nitrado, can you please provide a tutorial on how to get your app to work to order Xbox servers since that option has now been released?  Do you have to load money to the account before the app will allow order options?  Why does the online site say you have to order through Microsoft store but store gives you option for app (which isn’t letting me order).  Why does the app not have the year option, only 90 days max?

some help would be appreciated as I would like to get a server.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived