Server was Wiped and my Opinion

KommanderKyle

I have played Ark now since the start, I have close to 4k hours and know the game pretty well, like most of all of you do. I have been the leader of an alpha tribe, jumped servers before transferring was a thing and I absolutely love the game. I love taming, Breeding, Pvp, Trading etc. One thing I am not a fan of is cross ark transfer. I like the idea if I get wiped I can transfer my character over and start over if I ever needed to but dinos, items etc. I do not like. 

I played on an official server, of course, and love the official setting. One super early morning last week when the population of the server I play on was asleep, they invaded. The Chinese came on, brought pteranodons of all the same color, ( I suspect Duped from a few weeks past, but can't point fingers without cause) Quetzals, a 250 Giga etc. They quickly tamed a titan and began rampaging on the server. They first hit a base that was a cube that every wall had a cat walk on it with turrets. Loaded is a good term for this base. They used Pacers and the titan to stomp the base. Game over. They took it as fast as they could. Proceeded to take on the alpha tribe at Volcano and soon enough, wiped them off and planted down at volcano. I knew once they through up the uber amount of turrets up there it was over. Soon enough they soon wiped everyone they could and the alpha and called it a day. After it was done we gathered what we could to jump ship, I jumped around on 9 different official servers, here is what I found; 7 of the 9 were Chinese owned and I was told I am not welcome to play. Then the other two servers had alphas that blocked the supply drops with a foundation and a vault, and "wouldn't" let players build above 50 latitude or they would be wiped. So we decided to stay and hide away on a ice berg, quickly being discovered and decimated. 

I do not mind if a tribe comes on, farms, levels, tames and then stands up and fights. That is part of the nature of the game. Transferring so many items and tames, using thousands of rockets to take everything, using dragons and more to take servers to wipe progress and leave just plain sucks. Our bases were rather defended and tanky but how can one compete with 40 members vs 8 in one tribe. 

I know there have been many many forum post about "Wipe Officials, Etc." My opinion, yeah they need to on release. If I just discovered the game and jumped in a server to soon lose progress to the invaders would not be fun. After jumping servers the other night and looking on the forums this is a problem. It does need to be addressed, I know as a member of the community I would love the Devs to at least give us a statement on the status of what their plan is. Even if their isnt one. I would love to return to officials and come back and rebuild. Though until something changes I guess I will leave the official life for now. 

Thank you for reading, I just wanted to post my opinion. I am not trying to get people upset, I am not looking for a Get good post. I simply wanted to state my opinion. 

Merry Christmas! :Jerblove:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Sphere said:

Wiping PvE officials on release would be just mean. :(

That is very true wiping PvE Officials would be different. The PvP though.... imagine being a first time player in April of 2017, and then getting wiped by Mega tribes with Tek, or a chinese tribe not wanting people to play. It makes sense to me. Though that is only my opinion! 

Just now, Sphere said:

There is so much truth in this sentence. This is not about racism, they genuinely want to push everybody else out of whatever server they move to.

That is true. I have dealt with a Tyrant on a server who "taxed" tribes. At Least we could fight him and he didn't push people out. He was the villain of the server who gave everyone a common enemy. Not letting people play on a server though.... Its not about race its not about anything except what certain tribes have done and continue to do. 

Just now, KommanderKyle said:

That is true. I have dealt with a Tyrant on a server who "taxed" tribes. At Least we could fight him and he didn't push people out. He was the villain of the server who gave everyone a common enemy. Not letting people play on a server though.... Its not about race its not about anything except what certain tribes have done and continue to do. 

You're talking about two completely separate issues. Wiping the servers on release is not going to fix the mega-tribe issue. Those that are currently mega-alpha tribes are going to continue to be mega-alpha tribes. They will farm up faster than everyone and continue to annihilate everyone. There is a tribe that runs around the servers cleaning people out. They have TWO servers that farm for them constantly. Those two servers are completely locked down by Chinese and all they do is farm to supply the allied tribe that invades and wipes servers. You're not going to stop that with a server wipe (even though I agree that a server wipe is required, for a clean slate on release). They will still continue to be bigger than other alpha tribes. The problem you're referring to is more about mega-alpha tribes than the wiping of servers. Until numbers becomes less of an advantage this will continue to happen.

1 minute ago, Thalantyr said:

You're talking about two completely separate issues. Wiping the servers on release is not going to fix the mega-tribe issue. Those that are currently mega-alpha tribes are going to continue to be mega-alpha tribes. They will farm up faster than everyone and continue to annihilate everyone. There is a tribe that runs around the servers cleaning people out. They have TWO servers that farm for them constantly. Those two servers are completely locked down by Chinese and all they do is farm to supply the allied tribe that invades and wipes servers. You're not going to stop that with a server wipe (even though I agree that a server wipe is required, for a clean slate on release). They will still continue to be bigger than other alpha tribes. The problem you're referring to is more about mega-alpha tribes than the wiping of servers. Until numbers becomes less of an advantage this will continue to happen.

Oh no, pardon me. I was not getting off topic. The Alpha tribes that are on one server that "own the server" is nit the problem I wasn't trying to get off topic just relate. I agree. No matter what happens they will always have alpha tribes. The servers that are locked down by chinese and farm and transfer are the ones I am talking about. Sorry did not mean to get off topic. 

1 minute ago, KommanderKyle said:

Oh no, pardon me. I was not getting off topic. The Alpha tribes that are on one server that "own the server" is nit the problem I wasn't trying to get off topic just relate. I agree. No matter what happens they will always have alpha tribes. The servers that are locked down by chinese and farm and transfer are the ones I am talking about. Sorry did not mean to get off topic. 

Those servers / groups are a problem. I'm sure it's not JUST Chinese that are doing it, but it does seem that way when playing the game. ARK is turning more and more into a zerg based game where smaller tribes will never have any luck in the grand scheme of things. Even being an alpha of a single server these days doesn't mean squat. You can be taken out in a single night by a gigantic force. That present some big issues for the games future, in my opinion. There needs to be a way to separate or distance smaller groups from that warfare... I don't have the answer.

4 minutes ago, Melcreif said:

It's fascinating reading about these Chinese sever wipes.  Our server has been attacked by trolls from time to time, but no server wipes.  Maybe we've been lucky?  Not sure but it is interesting reading :-)

They came in droves, for us at least, like 40 of them. It is not a fun PvP experience in my opinion. 

3 hours ago, Vaskur said:

Allmost every primitive SE server is taken by Chinese. left alone wastelands and if somebody joins, he will soon be removed.

I used to play on a Primitive SE server and it was taken over by Chinese. I visited an NA-SE (Vanilla) server last night and it was a graveyard owned by Chinese. There was literally nothing left on it. Ruins of gigantic bases, capable of holding dozens of Wyverns in size, completely gone. There was only one tribe on the server who claimed they were one of the biggest alliances in the world, and also had Chinese names.

I feel for your loss . But It really annous me when servers are wiped by "super tribes" and immediately cheats Chinese aim bots duping all get said . I've come across some of these said super tribes and alot do nothing more than work their way to where they are . 

The server transfer isn't great with tribes charging through but what we as a tribe has done is adapt to the situation.  We have made unofficial allies with tribes around the servers including one well known Chinese tribe . Unfortunately you must adapt to survive . We are flourishing on our island and almost fell into a alpha role on our scorched earth server by adapting . We defend ourselves but don't attack at all unless necessary for server sake . We work on defence of base constantly adapting to the changes and breed . The devs I believe are truely trying to get the right settings on everything all I can say is adapt and try and forge bigger unofficial allies . That's my advice to try and survive.  The day may come where we are wiped but I will just go back to punching trees I enjoy my game and enjoy adapting to the constant changes . My tribe also constantly prove you can survive by being nice and letting tribes prosper irelevant of race or size . Part of the problem involves pepole immediately attacking any new chinese tribe . I've got news to mist of you there are some decent ones out there as well as some awful American or European tribes . Sorry for the rant . But please adapt and you may save yourself being wiped and having to come on here. 

7 hours ago, BritishTea said:

I feel for your loss . But It really annous me when servers are wiped by "super tribes" and immediately cheats Chinese aim bots duping all get said . I've come across some of these said super tribes and alot do nothing more than work their way to where they are . 

The server transfer isn't great with tribes charging through but what we as a tribe has done is adapt to the situation.  We have made unofficial allies with tribes around the servers including one well known Chinese tribe . Unfortunately you must adapt to survive . We are flourishing on our island and almost fell into a alpha role on our scorched earth server by adapting . We defend ourselves but don't attack at all unless necessary for server sake . We work on defence of base constantly adapting to the changes and breed . The devs I believe are truely trying to get the right settings on everything all I can say is adapt and try and forge bigger unofficial allies . That's my advice to try and survive.  The day may come where we are wiped but I will just go back to punching trees I enjoy my game and enjoy adapting to the constant changes . My tribe also constantly prove you can survive by being nice and letting tribes prosper irelevant of race or size . Part of the problem involves pepole immediately attacking any new chinese tribe . I've got news to mist of you there are some decent ones out there as well as some awful American or European tribes . Sorry for the rant . But please adapt and you may save yourself being wiped and having to come on here. 

Hello, thanks for the reply. Well I understand when people get wiped the first thing that gets yelled is "Dupper!" or "Nice Aimbot." This is not one of those cases. We killed a few of their pteranodons and noticed it came from An Official Asia server. We also noticed they couldn't speak english and chat was full of [][][][][][][]. I wouldn't say it was a chinese tribe if it wasn't. I know that American/European Tribes can be toxic. I have played on many officials before the transferring system was a thing, and I can back your statement up, their are a lot of toxic people out there. Ha. 

The only thing of Adapting to this is, there is no adapting to this culture in this game. You are fighting (in this instance, what happened to us) a 40 man tribe. The whole server unified but when it happens when most people are asleep and can only must 8 people. 40 vs. 8 is not a fair fight. Especially when they bring in the army. There was a base on our server they hit first. I would say it was about a 15x10 metal cube. Each individual wall had a catwalk clipped to it with a turret with 800 rounds in it. (Was an ally) They sent in a titan, 8 pacers and quetzals. They had to shoot at least 1000-1500 rockets. They leveled the base. I know that number is achievable, but damn. I know PvP is not about a ""fair fight necessarily but when you have a fight of 40 vs 8 when the 8 are not all allied because its 3 different tribes, it makes things hard. Sure we all started unifying, but it was too late. Adapting was not the problem here. The fact they have a free farm server where if you try to log on you will be hunted and caged is a problem. I love this game don't get me wrong, I hope the devs take the corrective steps. I think they honestly will. At that time I will return to Official. Just time will tell the real story. Thanks for reading. 

14 hours ago, Thalantyr said:

I used to play on a Primitive SE server and it was taken over by Chinese. I visited an NA-SE (Vanilla) server last night and it was a graveyard owned by Chinese. There was literally nothing left on it. Ruins of gigantic bases, capable of holding dozens of Wyverns in size, completely gone. There was only one tribe on the server who claimed they were one of the biggest alliances in the world, and also had Chinese names.

im very much against Server wipes.... but i actually think the best way to deal with this is to wipe the official pimitive se servers and if they´re on it, the primitive nitradoTest servers too... 

1 hour ago, Vaskur said:

im very much against Server wipes.... but i actually think the best way to deal with this is to wipe the official pimitive se servers and if they´re on it, the primitive nitradoTest servers too... 

I'm not against server wipes, but unless you fix the actual problem, wiping the servers is only going to generate the same result, it'll just take time.

IDK i was strongly in favour of a wipe for a long time however so many player seem so terrified of a wipe that i'm genuinely starting to believe that a decent proportion of the player base might leave the game if a wipe was to occur. Even with servers are getting wipe every day by massive tribe and tons off duping occurring for weeks people still have no interested in resetting the servers again. Its sort of sad because a server wipe is probably the funnest point in the game for everyone imo.

I Still think a wipe would be great but cross server transfers is the real issue imo atm I personally recon they should simply limit the amount of player that can transfer to a different server at one time that would fix zerging and maybe make people to partake in bit morel pvp rather than simply trying to offline raid or pvt as i like to call it. Say you limited it to only 20 new player could transfer they character to a single server every 12h that would nicely end zerging servers while still making it perfectly plausible to raid other servers.     

the transfer was good as it was before... just stuff from se or only characters... but in my opinion the transfer killed SE .. nobody (speaking of primitive servers) seem to take any time to stay on Se, since you can transfer stuff in every direction all the time... gigas counter golems (i bet even well bred rexes do...) and since the nerf allmost everything can kill a wyvern. Servers get extremely unfriendly and paranoid towards new players and blocking drops kidna sucks at some point (nothing is more frustration than standing in front of a red drop you can´t access)

that transfer option needs to be removed or heavyly restricted... there is just no other option. 

Archived