ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

I have a couple questions. 

1- is there a chance for the player tether to be lifted at least for console players? I don't know how much effect this would have on gameplay and I'm sure that pc has mods for this.

2. Is there a way to add in mods for consoles? Kind of like you recommend mods and we could link them into Ark via profile.

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another one.

Is it possible to make structures when you build them morph around landscaping? I have a decent house leaned against a cliff but you can see spots where I couldn't place a foundation because of one rock that leans in a little too close. I guess walls and foundations and etc could have a noclip kind of trait to them 

What kind of modifications/improvements will we see to the building system?

I have a few ideas

1. Foundations can be elevated to better fit rough terrain

2. Ceilings are level with foundations

3. Structures aren't so easily obstructed by terrain (I can place a wall and have a piece of cliff poking through)

4. Change the green aurora around the structure you're about to place to dark purple or bright red (It's hard to see the green in the day at certain angles)

5. Pillars aren't placed half way into each other 

6. Add curved foundations/walls/ceilings

7. Increase ramp range (So you can build them farther without needing support)

8. Allow walls to be built that have no exterior design so they can be placed inside to make rooms

I have a few questions/suggestions

1. Not sure if this has been asked before, but do you think it will be possible to allow other tribes to claim abandoned structures as well as demolish them? (I've only played in pvp so idk if this is a feature already lol)

2. Destruction physics for environment and buildings on Xbox, will it happen?

3. Could you possibly add the server transfer option into the spawn screen. It's annoying trying to server transfer when there is vaults under every drop and auto turrets on every obelisk. Also, I think something in the server browser showing if you have a character on that server and its level would be nice.

With the sheeps growable and trimmable fur will we be able to see that feature on other animals or even just the babies in the future maybe giving them a temperature status like humans a example would be if you have a mammoth you would need to trim its hair every so often to not make it overheat or it would need fur to make it not freeze in the snow areas 

Would it be possible for us to get a configurable server and single player option to alter how much imprinting completion progress we get each time we cuddle, walk or feed kibble to our baby animals?

I know we already have giant spiders and all but I think it would be great if there was a giant tarantula on scorched earth. Like a decently high level carno sized tarantula. 
Perhaps it's gimmick could be that it can set up a few web traps that function like bear traps. I imagine it would look good if it was modeled after a Mexican redknee tarantula as they're very well known.

I absolutely love tusoteuthis! The only thing I would like to see done to it is having an option to swim forward, which would of course be much slower but it would make fighting with it easier. Could we get a toggleable option to switch
to forward swimming? Perhaps like pressing alt or clicking the middle mouse button or something could switch swimming styles? Even if you guys don't like that idea though I still would like to thank you for making it. It's definitely my
favorite ocean creature so thanks so much for it. <3

Do you guys intend to make a pass on aquatic creature AI? More specifically what wild aquatic animals aggro on. Since as of right now anything just attacks anything. As an example I really doubt an angler fish would attack a mosasaur.

Will we ever see the animals get some common sense as to what they should fight back against? Like if you attack a raptor or a turtle or something of the like on a rex they really should run rather than fight back.

Could you make it so that a scuba tank is repaired with something else besides the materials it takes to make it? Like if you were simply refilling the oxygen instead of remaking the tank itself.

Can we have an option to set wyverns to fight on the ground rather than take off a fight? It can get a little frustrating when some small animal pokes us and it takes some odd five minutes sometimes just to get it back down or an actually
dangerous animal attacks and the wyvern leaves us to die.

Can you make it so that a scuba mask works in third person when we're riding a mount?

Would you consider making it an option to toggle off the black marks around the screen when we're wearing a scuba mask? I know it's realistic and I can only speak for myself but as someone who already wears glasses those marks are especially
annoying.

Can we get some kind of tek thingy that lets us change an animals colors to any of it's natural colors we want?

Could we get more aggression options for our animals? Like a *flee when attacked* option? And if it's possible configurable aggression options like fight until you're at 70% HP then flee or flee until you're at 60% HP then fight, etc etc?

Could we get a *land now* whistle for flyers?

I think we should have an armor set made out of tusoteuthis tentacles called kraken armor. :3

Could you guys please add a toggleable confirm structure replace option? It's quite annoying when a structure changes position right before you place it and breaks something else.

Can we get an inventory button that automatically will cleanly stack everything in to proper stacks? IE: Inventory full of dyes, hit the button, it all organizes into stacks of 100 per color.

Would it be possible to get some kind of security camera? Or better yet a spy camera to plant near enemy bases to keep tabs on them?

The imprinting system used for wyverns is so much better than having to hand feed our baby animals random kibble. Would you guys consider giving every animal a specific food or milk it wants to be hand fed?

Can we get some kind of milker for tamed wyverns so they can effectively feed babies?

Will you guys be adding more to the scorched earth map? Like more caves? I think it would be cool if there were a few large rock formations with water or oasis' way out in the dunes for those people who like to live in seclusion.

Could we get sliders to control egg hatching time, baby growth time, cuddle intervals and all that stuff for when playing single player or hosting a local game?

I really like the wyvern gloves you get from alpha wyverns. How about a full set of armor skins to go with it?

Can we please get dinosaur walls and behemoth walls?

Will we ever get a higher level version of the raft? It would be really convenient for fishing.

If possible could we get the option to toggle snap points on platform saddles?

Could we possibly get an animal that gives some kind of taming effectiveness buff? Similarly to how ovirator gives an egg buff.

Could we get server options to control tamed animal hunger drain? If possible a setting for hunger drain when active and inactive?

I like titanosaur but it has no use to pve players. Do you guys intend to change how it works on pve and maybe give server options for unofficial severs and single player to set it themselves?

On 12/19/2016 at 6:22 AM, Jat said:

Hey Survivors,

Got a question for the ARK Developers for the next ARK Digest? Let us know!

p.s We won't be answering ETA related ones :Jerbmad:

Most of my questions/recommendations are more pointed to Official Primitive Servers, not primitive plus.

Is there a plan to add some Official The Center Servers for regular Primitive mode?

Would like to see some Flak BP's in either the hard cave drops or under water drops on Primitive.

In a previous Q&A you had stated you would be adding in Stone Building BP's for Primitive, we have yet to come across any on our Official server.

Is there a plan for a better tier campfire or possibly primitive grill that holds more meat and cooks more quickly than the campfires, possibly around 5 meat at a time and only runs on spark powder?

Option to upload character on death screen, instead of having to try and get to and obelisk or drop that is most likely blocked. 

Hey guys! Just got a quick question about Industrial Cookers, you recently removed an exploit which allowed for infinite water usage without actually using water. Currently, the only way to use the Cooker to its potential is to have it connected to a pipe that leads to an irrigation point, which at best involves a long ugly looking, vulnerable pipe system, and on scorched at times isn't even feasible. Will the Cooker ever be made to take water from a connected reservoir system? I know it can be filled with water from a canteen repeatedly to make it work for now, but at its price point i'm thinking people want a set it and forget it kinda deal, not just a faster cooking pot.

I've got a few questions mostly based around personal narrative of your character , hopefully one get selected.

Could we potentially get the ability to name, but never rename, weaponry in the future?

Would be fun to name our weapons to help track our items down from the inventories of tribe mates, commemorate particular events the weapons saw us through, and even make for interesting trophies from PvP.

Any chance in the future we could get scarification of our dinosaurs?

Say something triggered by having the health reduced to below 5-10%. Examples being a tear in a Ptera's wing, a carno horn that's broken, a chunk taken from a Rex's lip, and just other various scars. Would require some alterations of the models you've already made but having several different possible scars for each model that one just randomly gets chosen from every time the dino's health reaches the required low amount up to a certain point say 10 maximum scars. This could potentially give individual dino's stories that would make them more potentially valuable to their owners.

Armor Racks

Just mannequins that allow us to place equipment on and their pose changes based on the weaponry placed on them. Also any chance we could be able to mount shoulder mounted dinos onto them so that our favored shoulder buddy isn't just underfoot?

Have you guys ever thought of ways to make the taming process more interactive? 

Something along the lines of a mini challenge system might work.

say an allasaur demands 5 pieces of prime with a 5 minute counter, if it gets the meat it will eat all 5 at once and gain taming progress for the food. Other rewards could be stat improvements on tame or just simply more progress. 

Archived