5.0 on Single Player

PammyPop

4 hours ago, MrDynamicMan said:

Bruh, you can manually enter it on the options menu for SP.

From what I've read and seen in my own experience, anything you type in on the difficulty slider above 1.0 resets to 1.0. In one of the posts on Steam someone suggested changing DifficultyOffset to 1.143 (or something like that) and then adding OverrideOfficialDifficulty=5.0 underneath in GameUserSettings.ini. I tried this and it didn't work. When I went into my GameUserSettings.ini to remove the command that didn't work, I noticed the DifficultyOffset was reset to 1.0.

3 hours ago, MrDynamicMan said:

The slider goes up to 4, but you can just manually type in '5.0' in the little box next to the slider. Same with all the rates. 

The slider only goes up to 1.0 which equals difficulty 4 (wild creature levels in multiples of 4). If you type in anything above 1.0, it resets to 1.0.

1 hour ago, MrDynamicMan said:

I stand corrected. 

Thanks anyway man.

I'm just surprised SWC hasn't said a one word on this for single player. Not one single word as far i can see, even if it's just to say "it doesn't apply in single player," but nothing. Which i have to say i find a bit annoying.

So i'm using a mod, and it's working just fine.

12 minutes ago, Anteaque said:

Thanks anyway man.

I'm just surprised SWC hasn't said a one word on this for single player. Not one single word as far i can see, even if it's just to say "it doesn't apply in single player," but nothing. Which i have to say i find a bit annoying.

So i'm using a mod, and it's working just fine.

I asked and they did say a word:

44 minutes ago, Nowtarfu said:

I asked and they did say a word:

"Command line parameter" seems to be for (most) servers. What we need in single player mode is an .ini option (as stated in the tweet reply) or launch option. I did try adding ?OverrideOfficialDifficulty=5.0 to my launch options, I even tried -OverrideOfficialDifficulty=5.0, but it didn't work. I have not tried just adding  OverrideOfficialDifficulty=5.0 to it though.

25 minutes ago, Jim359 said:

Thank you for that nugget of information.

I just wish they'd pay attention to their forum.  You know, the one they set up to keep in touch with us, the little people. 

I do too. Interesting fact; After Jat responded, I viewed his profile on this forum to see he was in the forums reading something to do with Quetz. This is not the first time I seen him in here roaming around. He might not post on everything but he does spend a lot of time in here.

Until the impact of the situation is specified, a post could be construed as minor. In this case, the impact is an unknown quantity of players that use single player mode as their sole source to play the game as well as those survivors who use single player to perform experiments but then can not experience or test the higher difficulty settings due to an oversight in the implementation path. Single player is not a second child to the server base of play nor do I believe that Studio Wildcard treats single player as such (Not directed to anyone - through that in there because I have read survivors claiming things as this in the past).

Have a great day.

3 minutes ago, GregoPeck said:

"Command line parameter" seems to be for (most) servers. What we need in single player mode is an .ini option (as stated in the tweet reply) or launch option. I did try adding ?OverrideOfficialDifficulty=5.0 to my launch options, I even tried -OverrideOfficialDifficulty=5.0, but it didn't work. I have not tried just adding  OverrideOfficialDifficulty=5.0 to it though.

Don't waste your time on the last one. I already tried. I too, as many other, tried all the locations to put this command (and in the variations). Jat should be requesting the correct path for single player. Now we wait.

Thank you for your attempts and motivation. We will get this done.

Have a great day.

25 minutes ago, Anteaque said:

Cheers bud, this is hopefully good news. Just curious why it's taken so long for them to do something? All we need now is a bit of a patch and away we go!!!

It was only ask for 17 hours ago. The presses are not going to stop to make this single correction. :-)  It will come and it will be glorious. ha.

Have a great day.

Archived