Damaging stone

Shrekasaurus

I always found it strange that a giga and dunky could damage stone but a rex, bronto, paracer, anky, doedic, spino, trike, stego, mammoth, etc can't do squat. Don't even get me started on metal structures. I really think the animals listed above should be able to damage stone. I mean come on, ankys break metal nodes and doedics break freaking stone nodes!!!!. A bronto should absolutely be able to damage stone. Stone is not that strong when the walls are that thin. Those animals are big and strong and capable of dealing damage to stone. 

• 5 months later...
On 9/18/2016 at 1:19 PM, Vaskur said:

I think it´s not about realism. its more about having a way to have some kind of safe structures that cos less ressources than metal...

It wouldn´t be safe, if all of those could damage it, since some of them are early tames.

They don't have to do lots of damage. I just find it a bit silly is all, but I could be the minority.

On 9/18/2016 at 3:12 PM, Shrekasaurus said:

I always found it strange that a giga and dunky could damage stone but a rex, bronto, paracer, anky, doedic, spino, trike, stego, mammoth, etc can't do squat. Don't even get me started on metal structures. I really think the animals listed above should be able to damage stone. I mean come on, ankys break metal nodes and doedics break freaking stone nodes!!!!. A bronto should absolutely be able to damage stone. Stone is not that strong when the walls are that thin. Those animals are big and strong and capable of dealing damage to stone. 

Agreed

realistically yes they should be able to damage stone. not metal imo, reinforced metal is alot stronger than the raw metal you mine. i work in construction and heavy plates of reinforced metal can withstand practically anything.

on the other hand, i think they shouldnt implemented it purely because of how devastating this could be, right now alot of people build their outer walls out of stone (in pve for sure) imagine what a wild bronto could do to that wall if that tail starts swinging, right now people can only lead gigas to your base to wipe it, but if all those dinos you mentioned could damage stone, it would be a nightmare.

imo nothing should damage stone but explosives and metal should withstand explosives alot more than it does now.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived