Wyvern Milk........are you guys serious?

TeRyn

On September 7, 2016 at 7:32 AM, TheRealTFreezy said:

What!? Problem solving? No! Endless bitching is what we need here. Go back to actually playing the game! Ugh

So are you saying that we are all just "bitching" in here. 

You know how long it would take for all those forementioned structures to be built. Let alone a key pad and trying to lure a dragon an a low level argy because a high level tame takes around 9 hours. The thread is from somebody on a official server, by himself doesn't sound like he is bitching to me. Rather just expressing his frustration with the difficulty of the task. Especially when done by a single player on a official server. 

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The best way is from a 2 person tribe.

what do you need:

1. Argentavis around 210 movement speed(so you can outrun a dragon if needit)

2. spyglass

3. Longneck rifle and some tranqdarts (until level 12 you need about 12 tranqdarts)

1 is flying the argentavis the other one is going underneath it first you find your selff a low level female dragon (Posion prefert els fire) (Lightning is possible to but more dangurues) as soon if you spotted 1 go and regain stamina. when you thit that you let you guy underneath your argenta hit him once with a tranq arrow. then you fly in straight line in front of him. and you the guys tranq the dragon until down. and walla you got your self dragon milk.

5 hours ago, Rhyme2hot said:

You know how long it would take for all those forementioned structures to be built. Let alone a key pad and trying to lure a dragon an a low level argy because a high level tame takes around 9 hours. The thread is from somebody on a official server, by himself doesn't sound like he is bitching to me. Rather just expressing his frustration with the difficulty of the task. Especially when done by a single player on a official server. 

No this (this being my post's target audience) is for single player, not for a single player. If you are by yourself playing on an official server (I've done it so get off your high horse) then there are just things that will be very difficult but not impossible. And you should meet people, make friends, and recruit help. At that point you a single person not playing single player, very different. 

however if you are playing single player and are playing with official rates then you have made that difficulty yourself and complaining about how hard it is does nothing. Yet still not impossible to do. Sure it takes time, but what doesnt? You're saying that because it takes you 9 hours to tame a high level argy (which yet again, I've done) you can't tame a wyvern? Or because it takes "too long" to build a trap you can't do it. Let's make sure we know what the difference between cant and wont is before posting. Nothing in this game is literally (the actual definition) impossible solo. Many many things are very very difficult and unlikely to do solo, or require so much time that they feel impossible, but nothing is actually impossible for a single person. It just takes some time, knowledge, and creativity. 

And I say bitching because he is claiming it is impossible, and when options are given and people just say that can't be done because it's too hard or time consuming then they are bitching.

and to add, I wasn't really crapping on the TC, milk in the fridge would be nice and is odd that you can't. It's the ones crying about things being impossible solo.

1 hour ago, TheRealTFreezy said:

No this (this being my post's target audience) is for single player, not for a single player. If you are by yourself playing on an official server (I've done it so get off your high horse) then there are just things that will be very difficult but not impossible. And you should meet people, make friends, and recruit help. At that point you a single person not playing single player, very different. 

however if you are playing single player and are playing with official rates then you have made that difficulty yourself and complaining about how hard it is does nothing. Yet still not impossible to do. Sure it takes time, but what doesnt? You're saying that because it takes you 9 hours to tame a high level argy (which yet again, I've done) you can't tame a wyvern? Or because it takes "too long" to build a trap you can't do it. Let's make sure we know what the difference between cant and wont is before posting. Nothing in this game is literally (the actual definition) impossible solo. Many many things are very very difficult and unlikely to do solo, or require so much time that they feel impossible, but nothing is actually impossible for a single person. It just takes some time, knowledge, and creativity. 

And I say bitching because he is claiming it is impossible, and when options are given and people just say that can't be done because it's too hard or time consuming then they are bitching.

and to add, I wasn't really crapping on the TC, milk in the fridge would be nice and is odd that you can't. It's the ones crying about things being impossible solo.

Some people LIKE to play by themselves. You telling people to "Just join a tribe" is terrible because not everyone wants to. We solo players work our asses off harder, and for longer than most any other types of players. I dont appreciate your "too bad" sentiment either, so if your gonna keep up with that id prefer that you just put a sock in it. Wyvern care atm as absurd. Even for tribes. Milk isnt the only stupid thing either. You have to hand feed these things the entire maturation process which is pretty unreasonable. We went offline last night with 3 wyverns over a day old. Got back on and only 1 was alive. Noone was on so they were in stasis. Thats way unreasonable, so dont even try to sit there and defend this. 

2 hours ago, Chefke1989 said:

The best way is from a 2 person tribe.

what do you need:

1. Argentavis around 210 movement speed(so you can outrun a dragon if needit)

2. spyglass

3. Longneck rifle and some tranqdarts (until level 12 you need about 12 tranqdarts)

1 is flying the argentavis the other one is going underneath it first you find your selff a low level female dragon (Posion prefert els fire) (Lightning is possible to but more dangurues) as soon if you spotted 1 go and regain stamina. when you thit that you let you guy underneath your argenta hit him once with a tranq arrow. then you fly in straight line in front of him. and you the guys tranq the dragon until down. and walla you got your self dragon milk.

for a low levelo female maybe but as someone who is only finding low level 60s and up it takes a hell of a lot more tranqs then 12.

Meanwhile I solofarm wyvernmilk as much as I want on an official server,

And no, I wont tell you how at the moment I am still in embargo for this (untill my first 3 wyverns are finished).

You guys need to test such stuff in singleplayer. Think about everythign that you are possible to do. The wiki may state some solutions but definitely not all.

I am doing stated things with an lvl 69 character at the moment, having a lvl 50 argent wiht around 170% mov speed.

Good luck figuring out

3 hours ago, Igloo said:

Some people LIKE to play by themselves. You telling people to "Just join a tribe" is terrible because not everyone wants to. We solo players work our asses off harder, and for longer than most any other types of players. I dont appreciate your "too bad" sentiment either, so if your gonna keep up with that id prefer that you just put a sock in it. Wyvern care atm as absurd. Even for tribes. Milk isnt the only stupid thing either. You have to hand feed these things the entire maturation process which is pretty unreasonable. We went offline last night with 3 wyverns over a day old. Got back on and only 1 was alive. Noone was on so they were in stasis. Thats way unreasonable, so dont even try to sit there and defend this. 

I didn't say join a tribe. Making one friend just to help get milk is fine. You seem to have missed "I played solo" bit but that's ok. Oh and you are a solo now? Who is "we went offline"? Seems like you joined someone ha. This game is made to play with tribes. It can be played solo, you seem to have done it, I did it. But it's not ideal. I could play basketball by myself against others but that's not ideal. Not impossible but not ideal. And I never said this system was perfect just not impossible like so many on this thread try to pretend. I just don't think complaining about something being impossible when it's just hard is except able either. 

2 hours ago, TheRealTFreezy said:

I didn't say join a tribe. Making one friend just to help get milk is fine. You seem to have missed "I played solo" bit but that's ok. Oh and you are a solo now? Who is "we went offline"? Seems like you joined someone ha. This game is made to play with tribes. It can be played solo, you seem to have done it, I did it. But it's not ideal. I could play basketball by myself against others but that's not ideal. Not impossible but not ideal. And I never said this system was perfect just not impossible like so many on this thread try to pretend. I just don't think complaining about something being impossible when it's just hard is except able either. 

I am in a tribe right now with some friends I have on steam. Generally Yes, I am solo, I have over 2k hours experience as a solo player, and im saying that if I wanted to go solo and get my own wyvern I couldn't because of how unreasonable it is. Look, I get that the devs are trying to do something different with baby wyverns, and i appreciate the effort, but the timers are terribly unbalanced. If the tribe im in with multiple people tying to care for wyverns is struggling then I as a solo player would have no chance and that bothers me. 

Gathering milk might be POSSIBLE solo, but im human, I need to sleep, I need to eat, bath, ect, the timer between feedings is terrible, and it has to be hand fed the entire time as i said. The balancing here is just about as terrible as it is for imprinting. 

I'd rather the wyverns be impossibly strong and the milk very hard to get than have to grind milk every couple hours for a week straight(which is actually impossible for me, without ruining my real life), to the point were even if I do succeed ill be so raptoring tired of looking at dragons ill want kill mine and uninstall the game.

I play solo, i like playing solo, i enjoy the challenge and the freedom. However, giving up a hundred hour chunk of my life isnt a challenge.. its just a kick in the balls.

I still love you ark.. but please realize that I dont have infinite free time and I LITERALLY AM UNABLE TO PLAY YOUR GAME BECAUSE OF THE INSANE AMOUNT OF TIME IT TAKES TO GET CREATURES. THATS YOUR WHOLE GAME. DINOSAURS. I CAN BUILD AND SHOOT ON A DOZEN OTHER GAMES. LET PEOPLE WITH JOBS HAVE DINOS TOO! 

On 05/09/2016 at 3:50 PM, TeRyn said:

I cant imagine....literally cannot imagine doing this solo for a entire weekend. There will literally be no time for bathroom break or even a 10 minute nap as now you cant store milk to extend decay rates.

It will literally be days of.....steal egg.....start breeding...fly out...hope to find a female wyvern..kill it...hope to get a milk drop....rush back to feed to baby wyvern...rush out....find female wyvern......etc etc etc.

Over and over and over.

Each milk gives 1000 food.  This actually takes  something like 4 hours to get through so I think a 10minute nap will be fine. 

Stop killing them.  You're doing it wrong.  Here's how it's done:

1. Go to trench on 220+ speed argy

2. spyglass a low level female wyvern.

3. Aggro it and flee to a position where you've set up either a) a behemoth gated cage with a regular dino gate at the other end so you can fly out (a geny and keypad can work wonders here) or b) a balista that you've pre-loaded with chain bolas

4.  Tranq out wyvern.  If it's low level it has like 1k torpor.

5.  If it's female you've guaranteed to get 5 milk.

6. Go and have 20 consecutive 10 minute naps, while raising 3 wyverns at once.

Repeat.

People saying it was too easy to get the milks.... You need to realise that this is not a flying giga, this shouldnt be that much more tedious than the rest. At this stage the Wyvern isnt nearly good enough compared to how annoying it is to raise. Yes some other dinos take longer i.e Giga, Quetz, but both of them have stages where you can actually go offline longer than 6 hours.

1 hour ago, Isho said:

People saying it was too easy to get the milks.... You need to realise that this is not a flying giga, this shouldnt be that much more tedious than the rest. At this stage the Wyvern isnt nearly good enough compared to how annoying it is to raise. Yes some other dinos take longer i.e Giga, Quetz, but both of them have stages where you can actually go offline longer than 6 hours.

I think you'll find these things will be more than enough to counter quetzals and gigas.  The electric Wyvern has amazing sustained dps and can nuke a giga while hovering above it and most likely make short work of slower moving quetzals.

5 hours ago, Smash said:

I think you'll find these things will be more than enough to counter quetzals and gigas.  The electric Wyvern has amazing sustained dps and can nuke a giga while hovering above it and most likely make short work of slower moving quetzals.

No not really. A turret  Quetz can easily destroy a lightning wyvern just because of how difficult it is to hit moving targets consistently with the lightning beam.

Smash.. we all know how to get the milk. Easy.. ish. The insanely impossible part is being able to log in every three hours and spend 20-30 minutes doing what should be an epic task, but instead is just a mind numbingly monotonous chore. 10 minute naps? Ok... the maturation time is over 4 days long. As much as I love Ark and want a wyvern, I refuse have my health suffer Irl just to do this.

As a single player i'm raising a wyvern right now. I used a fast 250% argent and made a trap (fresonis trap works wonders) and have tranqued 3 dragons now. I hiked up rates for maturation to x10 sp it only takes 10 hours and food drain to .5 so i can relax more. If you are single player just hike up the options and you should be fine also you can rest whenever in singleplayer. For singleplayer on offical id try and trade respurces or make alliances with larger tribes and get help from them. Good luck!

On 12/09/2016 at 10:58 PM, Rhyme2hot said:

I have no idea what people are bitching about.  Is there any way that anything in the game can be designed so it isn't easier for multiple players than it is solo players.

Yes, building a wyvern trap is a lot of resources, and 2 players will achieve it twice as easily a 1.  What's the raptoring problem with that?  Single players aren't precluded from doing it.  I'd just use a balista with chain bolas if it was me.  Don't even need a high level argy, just a quick one.

Why would you even play the game if it was easy?  No doubt people would be on here bitching about that then instead.

1 hour ago, Smash said:

I have no idea what people are bitching about.  Is there any way that anything in the game can be designed so it isn't easier for multiple players than it is solo players.

Yes, building a wyvern trap is a lot of resources, and 2 players will achieve it twice as easily a 1.  What's the raptoring problem with that?  Single players aren't precluded from doing it.  I'd just use a balista with chain bolas if it was me.  Don't even need a high level argy, just a quick one.

Why would you even play the game if it was easy?  No doubt people would be on here bitching about that then instead.

Been reading this thread just out of interest. No plan to try an tame a wyvern anytime soon on the Official PVE server I'm playing on.

I do have to say your response to this thread is about the farthest from reality I've read. Maybe you just drank a 6-pack of beer and posted it?

The complaint here, from what I've read, and would agree with, is that we all have a real life other than the game (well some of us do), and we like to play a few hours or so a day for fun, but in that mode, a person simply can not participate in the raising of a wyvern, ya, we (those of use with a real life) could be in a big tribe, and the rest of the tribe can have fun doing it. Maybe we would do one milk run, but mostly we would just see the end result, and would not feel like we participated much. We would have no chance of raising one on our own with the present system, and many don't like that.

Not sure how you can disagree with this, but everyone is entitled to their opinion. You apparently like that only a select few can ever accomplish this feat.

25 minutes ago, wildbill said:

Been reading this thread just out of interest. No plan to try an tame a wyvern anytime soon on the Official PVE server I'm playing on.

I do have to say your response to this thread is about the farthest from reality I've read. Maybe you just drank a 6-pack of beer and posted it?

The complaint here, from what I've read, and would agree with, is that we all have a real life other than the game (well some of us do), and we like to play a few hours or so a day for fun, but in that mode, a person simply can not participate in the raising of a wyvern, ya, we (those of use with a real life) could be in a big tribe, and the rest of the tribe can have fun doing it. Maybe we would do one milk run, but mostly we would just see the end result, and would not feel like we participated much. We would have no chance of raising one on our own with the present system, and many don't like that.

Not sure how you can disagree with this, but everyone is entitled to their opinion. You apparently like that only a select few can ever accomplish this feat.

1 hour ago, Smash said:

I have no idea what people are bitching about.  Is there any way that anything in the game can be designed so it isn't easier for multiple players than it is solo players?

Bolded for your benefit.  If you could log in, hatch a wyvern egg and have one after 2 hours then imagine how many big tribes would end up with.

But there are a couple of fairly obvious solution to this:

1) Play single-player on your own PC.  You want to be solo anyway.  Isn't this the obvious solution?  ust turn the breeding rate up to x10 or something.  Or:\;

2) Play un-official.  This whole issue is largely why un-offical servers exist.  I never play official because I too have a life, full-time job and kids.  I don't want to spend a week raising one either.  That's why I play un-official.  But I don't expect official to change because that's the way it is.  Plenty like it that way. 

I don't really get this mentality that people have that they should be able to play solo on PVP servers but expect to never get raided and to be able to accomplish everything a tribe of 10 can for the same effort of one of those 10 people.

Archived