Scorched Earth Thread

Airthrow

3 hours ago, Purrmaster said:

If Wildcard needed dough, why didn't they charge 5 bucks for the center and 5 bucks for primitive plus?  Yeah, I think asking for donations wouldn't have really worked out.  But those additions are pretty large (but not necessarily vital) pieces of content.  People would have coughed up some money for that.

They could have done a go fund me, but I'm pretty sure none of the current players would have donated seeing as they have done nothing but lie to our faces and break everything every update.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Malabolga said:

I didn't ignore it I just had not seen it. You know steam states '  You should be aware that some teams will be unable to 'finish' their game '
http://store.steampowered.com/earlyaccessfaq/
I paid my pledge. I would like to receive/play the content for the game they are building and decided to release early before they finished it and I have backed.

Then they should make that transparent to the backers. Not shove DLC down the necks of the players that integrates with the main game. I understand why they may have chosen to do this but it does not mean it's the right thing to do. They should stop giving away $65,600 in cash prizes every month via SOTF's survivor league then if that's your argument for charging $20 for DLC. It's moot.
That or remove the 40% of steam sale, put it back to full price for new backers buying in to reflect its game state if they feel its worthy of that money and include the updated content in the game we have backed.

The popularity will plummet even more now. They need to stop being shady (40$ law suit?) and fix the game and maybe release it, get it on shop shelves. Then spend the money they make on retail sales to produce DLC for a finished product.

If they want further funding they need to say that. Not continue this model. If you feel that is the case and your initial pledge was not enough then you should be able to donate to them as you choose.

It does not matter what I would rather have. It's principles/ethics of their actions.

Did you read my post on page 8?

@FaneBlackwing You have ignored me since I replied to you? Nothing to say on this?

15 hours ago, Scrysis said:

1 - I'm pretty sure they're not "letting them be".  Given how I see constant bug fixes, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt here and say that they're looking for them, and just haven't found them yet.  The vanishing tames has been rather inconsistent (I've had it happen and it's extremely frustrating, but I haven't been able to point out what caused it to happen), and the falling through platforms is a loading issue on servers from the accounts I've seen.  That particular issue sounds like it's going to take a *much* more involved fix as it deals with how map segments load for people, and thus more time.  Just because it hasn't been fixed yet doesn't mean they aren't working on it.

2 - I'm not really arguing that Wildcard shouldn't find bugs or that we shouldn't hope for a better standard.  What I *am* saying is that we really need to be realistic here.  What you're seeing in game is highly playable, even with the bugs.  That makes it release-quality by comparison to much larger studios.

3 - My comments on this were directed mostly at players who conflate the two departments.  :-)   I'm sure you've seen them EVERYWHERE -- people screaming for this and that, but not realizing that the art department doesn't handle coding and vice versa.  I couldn't tell from your initial posts that you did understand that they were different.

4 -- Okay, I can agree with this.  Essentially, they didn't handle the PR for this correctly.  I'm probably not the average gamer; I look at all the underlying work, and how much goes into supporting it, maintaining it, and then additional development.  Because WildCard has given pretty extensive support for their base game (while not perfect, they've been adding and adjusting a non-trivial amount), and I see how much they've put into the expansion, and for the cost, I'm willing to support them.  I *want* to see more bug fixes and additions.  And people seem to forget about the recent (and ultimately stupid) lawsuit (designed to feed investment capital firms and lawyers), and the development of primal conversion -- which all this money goes into.  On top of that, it would be really cool to see WildCard grow into a larger studio like one of the big ones, but that again, takes money.  My own perspective is that I will definitely get my money's worth out of the expansion.  Not only that, but I support continued development, and bug fixes.  Not only do I get cool new toys to play with, but I get the warm, fuzzy satisfaction of knowing that I'm helping out the other guys who don't want the xpac for whatever reason.

4.5  -- Okay, the distaste of mixing fantasy creatures with the more realistic ones on the Island is a legitimate concern.  While not my own issue, I can see why it might be for people.  I think this is the WRONG thread for such a concern (hear me out on this!).  This is a very general topic thread, and I think this concern is both focused enough and one that they can manage.  Players who don't want to mix types should ultimately be encouraged to start a thread dedicated JUST to having isolated Ark servers or pure Island servers.  If that concern stays in this thread, it's going to get too muddied for the developers (as I'm sure you know) to see, and I'm posting this just so that others with that same concern might read this and take it to a different thread dedicated to the topic so they can be heard.

1. I didn't say they were : ) I meant that you said that they could (since you claim the game is finsihed). Finished means there is no more work done. But then again, if I'm right about where you set your bar, we probably disagree on that point.

2. And what I'm saying is that no matter the quality of the current product, it is by no means "finished" as you claim. That's ALL I'm saying. You claimed it was finished, I gave you a bunch of reasons why it's not. It's that simple : )

3. I wouldn't expect you to : ) I know that's hard to tell and that the most often correct option is to assume people have no deep insight into software development. No offence taken!

4. I don't think the issue is that people forget - it's that they don't know. I only heard about it in a comment in this thread. Nothing has reached me from official sources. While I can definitely understand them not making a big deal out of it, it unfortunately also means they can't get the benefit of be cut slack because of it either.

4.5 - Agreed, but I made a separate thread for it that was merged into this one, so the mods literally decided this was the thread for it : / This thread has had several other merged into it as well, as far as I've seen so it's already muddled. I can only hope it's not also just a way for the developers to not give a poop about them in just one thread, or to use the excuse you said ; )

14 hours ago, ciabattaroll said:

There's literally a merchandise tab at the top of the page. If the company is indeed "hurting for money" as everyone is quick to jump to, even with the goodies tab up top, then doesn't that speak poorly of how the current player base is supporting the company?

Well, if people have no idea they're "hurting for money" you really can't blame them for not rallying to the company's side when they're in trouble. I heard of it in this thread for the first time and still have no idea if it's actually true!

6 hours ago, AlexNovember said:

Make your own server if you don't like it.

Lol, that's the most unhelpful answer. I do find it ridiculous when people just say "well then, leave!", like a 5-year-old when they don't have any answers or solutions. I thank you if you were honestly trying to help (but your "i you don't like it" makes me doubt it), but I respectfully ask that if you have nothing worth saying, don't waste my time quoting me in a reply. Thank you so much for your consideration! : )

4 minutes ago, Kimsie said:

Lol, that's the most unhelpful answer. I do find it ridiculous when people just say "well then, leave!", like a 5-year-old when they don't have any answers or solutions. I thank you if you were honestly trying to help (but your "i you don't like it" makes me doubt it), but I respectfully ask that if you have nothing worth saying, don't waste my time quoting me in a reply. Thank you so much for your consideration! : )

also making your own server is not really an option when you are 2k hours in on official.

So much salt. 20$ is mow the lawn change. Grow up. This is art! people made this with brilliant imagination and skill, And there are bug fixes in This update! Give up? On ark? Shame wildcard? You spend the money by choice? Who are you people? 

Acting like brats , its unfair.

let that judgmental pendulum swing back why don't we

Why do you believe you deserve anything more than the wonderful hours of this game and its continued resolutions and accomplishments,One of the best games of my lifetime Imo, and I'm 29 years old. Seriously, do you realize what goes into this kind of stuff? Primitive plus in itself is also no small thing. This update is huge. And the dlc is just deserrt.

go... Play.... Ark.

peace homies? Send me good servers? For boosted scorch and prim+ <3

3 minutes ago, Questchin said:

So much salt. 20$ is mow the lawn change. Grow up. This is art people made this. And there are bug fixes in This update. Give up. You spend the money by choice? Who are you people? 

Why do you believe you deserve anything more than the wonderful hours of this game. One of the best games of my lifetime imo im 29 years old. Seriously, do you realize what goes into this kind of stuff? Primitive plus in itself is also no small thing. This update is huge. And the dlc is just deserrt.

go... Play.... Ark.

peace homies? Send me good servers? For boosted scorch and prim+ <3

its not about the price really, at least for me now ir more looks like features that would have gone into the maingame have not and never will, i understand there is ppl that only play on 20-50x servers and therefor hop all the time but for those that play official this is a HUGE slap in the face and if you dont get why people are upset maybe you should be happy you dont have those issues and enjoy your purchase.

At the end of the day I pledged to them on a promise for all this content listed on the Early Access page
http://store.steampowered.com/app/346110/
One of these things was a universe to explore and I quote 'More biome types, including deserts, snow regions, swamps, and more'
The new DLC is I quote 'the desert’s biomes are filled with fantastical new creatures'
https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/articles.html/ark-scorched-earth-expansion-pack-r304/

We have already paid for this content.

Their financial situation aside they have an obligation to meet, and this is/should be the main game content, but they have developed it and added it in a paid for format as DLC. They have not released the game, they do not have money to pay wages to develop DLC yet, once it released crack on! But as it stands that money should be used to continue work on the main we game paid for and get it released!

What is even more upsetting is Primative Plus is so broken, fire arrows dont work for a start, the developer Complex Minded appears to have been working on Scorched Earth this whole time, see 30+ out of the 50 new items are the free content from Prim+ such as Oil/Clay/Abode buildings and they want money for this? When the main content is left unfixed. And to put the point home today I log in to regular Ark and find an Allosauraus has spawned in our base and destroyed/killed a load of things. Focus on fixing your game and releasing it in full if you want more people playing and buying into your game before charging for DLC.

Lol. Humurous really. Selective reading, quoting. When the games finished, And it dont work, you can then complain. Until then, read the disclaimer when loading ark. Im grateful for ark. And this measly 20$ that will only help make the game better. I had so much fun today on scorched earth. Do i prefer less fantasy? Yes. But its fun. YoureDebbie downers. Youre points are quite selfish in this forum. I bet most of you being so harsh and salty  have little to no skills in game development or running a business. See ya on the ark?  

1 minute ago, Questchin said:

Lol. Humurous really. Selective reading, quoting. When the games finished. And it dont work you can then complain. Until them read the disclaimer when loading ark. Im grateful for ark. And this measly 20$ that will only help make the game better. I had so much fun today on scorched earth. Do i prefer less fantasy? Yes. But its fun. Debbie downers. Youre points are quite selfish in this forum. I bet most of you being so harsh and salty  have little to no skills in game development or running a business. See ya on the ark?

and your comment shows that you have not read why most people are disgruntled with this ;( way to defeat your own point  

I am also aware you need to spend money to make money. But they need to look at where they are in the companies/games life and sort out their priorities. You can not expect people to pay out for this DLC on the idea they need more funding when they give away $65,600 each month via SOTF and spend out on merch for their team and streamers they promote, and things like the PAX REX and the amount of spending that goes into cons. Just need to asses where they spend then and focus on the game itself.

We pledged for this game and this content. We did not pay for their lawsuit, this giant rex and paid for DLC content before the games finished (content that should be used to finish the game). Its all content we was promised. Its not a good business model to earn supporters and backers trusts, because that's what we are.

This is f*****g amazing though.

large.IMG_0240.jpg.1ced4d06370af76d5c2cecb4632a1080.jpg

5 minutes ago, Questchin said:

i love ark. Cheaper than any game out there this good and big. EPIc!

so grateful for ark.

truely.

Because its in early access. Do you understand the conversation at hand or read any of the posts people have made?
The game is priced less before it's released and finished because its Early Access and not a full game...... It's possibly people like yourself they just expect to pay up for this content who don't understand what they are doing to the backers, you.

What I think everyone fails to understand is the expansion runs on the exact same engine as the Ark. So to say they have abandoned the Ark for a new game is pretty ludicrous.  As they continue to fix and improve the game engine they improve both games at the same time.  This would include things like animals sticking out of walls, things disappearing, frame rate issues, etc.

1 hour ago, nscheffel said:

Obviously the mods of this forum are going to defend these actions until their fingers bleed, but it is poor form to ask for more money before you have delivered on the money you already took from customers.   

To the point I have had a very well written piece hidden pages into another thread marking points very clear. Been given several warnings and having posts removed and having been told to link to my previous posts, not my own topic, and when I do, they are deleted for spamming, mainly I believe because I am being out spoken, on Twitch, Steam and here, one admin recognizes me I spoke with before and when I clearly bullet pointed his questions instead I get my post deleted and warned for talking off topic to spamming even though I was speaking to the OP and gave him some advice about how allot of the new content was lifted from Prim+ and annunaki genesis and to maybe try those out.. I get a warning for going off topic. It's disgusting behavior considering we have funded this as backers and have been invited here to give our '2 cents on how to make this game everything it can be'... 
In fact I feel I will be banned soon if I continue to speak against the mods or Wild Card.

More likely you'll get banned for refusing to post in appropriate area's and in appropriate ways.

You keep referring to yourself as a "backer", and claiming the content you paid for hasn't been delivered yet.

Interesting... you do realize that:

1:  The release date isn't until the end of the year, and is not set in stone.

2:  You are not a "backer" by any definition of the word.  You are a person that paid to play a game that was still in development.

That's it.  Your payment allowed you access to the game as it is... however it is... and however it changes.

What it does NOT do is entitle you to anything, including (if you want to be blunt about it) a finished product at the end of the day.

No promises were given, they only stated what their end goals were.

If tomorrow they choose to turn ARK into a game about Noah saving a ship full of animals, that's their call... not yours.

And all of this was made CRYSTAL CLEAR to you when you paid your money, just as it was to each and every one of us.

Honestly I don't care about the money. I didn't care when the center replaced the island for free, and don't remember all of you crying about that.

They wanted to test the dlc transfer system. Did you want to wait till the game launches to get access to the dlc? That was an option.

I think everyone here complaining forgets this is a dynamic new style of releasing content. If you don't want to participate then don't. Move on and play the island like you have and thank wild card for even making you this game.

Think you can do better? Start coding and release your own game, and take all the other cry babies with you. Remember they can pull the plug at anytime.

WC is alpha tribe and you are no body. Just enjoy the ride.

Any ways. Scorched Earth is fun. It adds different struggles in a different environment. Well worth $20. I can see a future where people play both vanilla for jungle dino survival, and scorched earth for a desert fantasy survival.

Rust, DayZ, and From the Depth still have a pretty strong following and you can't transfer characters between them.

Archived