Vanishing fert eggs in PVE.....

Anyone else have an issue with carch fert eggs "vanishing"? Other folks on my server complained before about this happening but first time all of mine vanished after sitting there for 12 hours. Official PVE server and the eggs were on foundations within a small area that was also enclosed. In other words, you couldnt go up against a wall from the outside and see them. Far as I know, the oviraptor crap doesnt work unless youre in a tribe Alliance?

12 hours ago, JetJaguar said:

Anyone else have an issue with carch fert eggs "vanishing"? Other folks on my server complained before about this happening but first time all of mine vanished after sitting there for 12 hours. Official PVE server and the eggs were on foundations within a small area that was also enclosed. In other words, you couldnt go up against a wall from the outside and see them. Far as I know, the oviraptor crap doesnt work unless youre in a tribe Alliance?

They fall thru the mesh. Same issues has occured on ASE. Took WildCard years to fix it. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, CptYarrr said:

They fall thru the mesh. Same issues has occured on ASE. Took WildCard years to fix it. 

Stupid bugs like that dont shock me; Ive been in Ark since the start. But I personally never once had eggs "vanish" in ASE or ASA. it literally happened after I got solid black carchs and 330 melee carchs and had bred them to try to combine stats and poof, eggs oddly "vanish".

1 hour ago, JetJaguar said:

Stupid bugs like that dont shock me; Ive been in Ark since the start. But I personally never once had eggs "vanish" in ASE or ASA. it literally happened after I got solid black carchs and 330 melee carchs and had bred them to try to combine stats and poof, eggs oddly "vanish".

Well, if they fall on the ground (when being pooped out) and then dissapear, that would certify as "vanish". If it happens when you're out of renderdistance, the tend to fall thru mesh. Even when put down by yourself. 

Day 1 ASE player as well. Had my share of "features".

Eggs fell thru the mesh for years, as well as babies. Next to babies not eating from throughs, this one was a gamekiller. I found out by laying flat on the ground and looking thru a spyglass pointed under the ground. Such a sad sight seeing them die of starvation. 

One of the solutions was, let them poop out eggs on the second floor, on metal or TEK surface. Then, run down and grab the egg from the ceiling as soon as you hear the farting sound 😉

Assuming you know how to setup base so it cant be raided and having a parasaur up to check for other dinos in the neighbourhood, the above you can try. 

For hatching, I build a double ceiling with ACs in between. They never fall thru those.

If they keep on vanishing, you might want to report in bug reports. I know, I know, but lets hope WildCard finds time to fix it. Till then, just try the above.

Good luck.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, JetJaguar said:

People can go through ceilings/walls that haven't loaded yet for them and snatch eggs before they get shoved back to the now loaded ceiling/wall, it's nothing new.
If you're gonna hatch eggs you really care about, find an underwater cave or something similar to avoid your eggs getting snatched.

Said crooks can also scout the insides of your base by pressing up against a wall with a Rhyniognatha aswell.

Edited by Sheogorath