Community Crunch 398: An Update on The Center, Oasisaur Dossier, and More!

StudioWildcard

13 hours ago, Legion85 said:

Wow Bro i think you should Start as a Programmer at wildcard. I think with your help the Game will be polished in a week and we have 3 maps 

Im a business man i don't work for a company, i do it for the customer sell them a emotion with it every time they use my product they have a feeling of satisfaction, if their product breaks or has any complications they come TO ME and i fix it and they will be more happy, because i deliver costumer service with a Smile.

Be honest professional and care for your custumers, because of them you have money in the bank at the end of the month.

People love to spend their money at me and buy newer and beter version of my product. I would not sell a product that before i sell it i know its bad , you can already know what kind of problems and blowback it gives you. If you are desperate enough and you try it anyway you need to know how to deal with it and how to keep your custumers trust in you on point.

You be honest and tell your costummers  a simple Sorry (goes a Long end) we knew the product was not  up to our standard quality level but we needed the money to develop our next product, but as service standard i will a: always as Quick as possible fix your product even if i have to work over hours, b: i will refund your money if you really not happy with the product or give you a huge discount on the next product and a big sorry, i had to safe my self from going broke.

People will understand you because you have served them for many years, you are honest to them, and you help them when they ask for it. This is how you run a succesfull company.

Trust me when i say i don't enjoy talking this way for over  8 years i have been a True big fan of ark even tho it's state i had a statisfied feeling to the end.

But now we get such a bad product with loads of problems a copy of the old game ( which should be a remaster), People still suck it up and take it in hope of change. But now People are losing everything they built up in months , wildcard does not say a word to nobody, there is no support, on email, tickets discord.

What you expect People get so bloody mad and frustrated, if i would do this to my customers, i beter start running cuz people start showing up with torches and pitchforks. 

Greetings MorgensterTM.

Edited by MorgensterTM
  • Thanks 4

49 minutes ago, LordBlakk said:

So where’s this “major version patch”? It’s almost 3pm EST and nothing has happened 

Of course not, major patches go live after office hours so you don't have to deal with angry customers until the next day.
By now you should know the WC scedule and just be happy they launch it early in the week instead of on a friday afternoon.

1 hour ago, WyoArk said:

AND they still won't fix the save issue on console.  I love playing ARK; however, I cannot dedicate the time needed for a server.  Come on WildCard, please fix the save issue on the console already.

I still can't get past character creation screen without it just crashing on my series x......Owned ascended since day one, still have not been able to pick up my first stone or punch my first tree. v.v

Edited by wizard03

1 hour ago, wizard03 said:

I still can't get past character creation screen without it just crashing on my series x......Owned ascended since day one, still have not been able to pick up my first stone or punch my first tree. v.v

Load game in lowest resolution. Copy paste your name and hit enter. Do this within 5 seconds and you're golden.

12 hours ago, CptYarrr said:

Load game in lowest resolution. Copy paste your name and hit enter. Do this within 5 seconds and you're golden.

You might crash 5 times had 3 blue screens, your character got wiped and you prolly get kicked from your own tribe before you can pick a stone.

Maybe the oasisaur can resurect your lost characters 😱 

Edited by MorgensterTM
  • Haha 2

Think the people that made the original one. There are reasons why its not out, they had months, doesint take so Long they only change the assets, everything else is there ....

Not that they have to make a full map from scratch.

So they can work on scorched ("pretending its a lot of work")

Edited by MorgensterTM

6 hours ago, MorgensterTM said:

Think the people that made the original one. There are reasons why its not out, they had months, doesint take so Long they only change the assets, everything else is there ....

Not that they have to make a full map from scratch.

So they can work on scorched ("pretending its a lot of work")

I wonder what "EvilMrFrank" thinks about all this. (Original modder who designed Centermap). 

On 2/27/2024 at 12:28 PM, CptYarrr said:

xbox series x single player.

I have gotten "into" a server useing that method, but that was about it. Literally, all I could do was "Oh hey, I think Im and no no.......yep its crashed again"

same deal with single player. Can't even get into character creation

Edited by wizard03

4 minutes ago, CptYarrr said:

Right. Cant help you out, sorry. In my opinion thw game should never be released on consoles considering the enormous amount of bugs (features as we call them nowadays).

Yeah, don't get me wrong, we do have some horsepower compared to the old CD day of the PS1 and such, but between the different codeing, they possible demand on GPU's vs APU's, and the speed at which things are done compared to PC, we still ain't got much to get things to work right.

That and the options for control and graphics are so very limited, and often those options do not even function. They are just placebo options. >.>

Edited by wizard03

5 hours ago, wizard03 said:

Yeah, don't get me wrong, we do have some horsepower compared to the old CD day of the PS1 and such, but between the different codeing, they possible demand on GPU's vs APU's, and the speed at which things are done compared to PC, we still ain't got much to get things to work right.

That and the options for control and graphics are so very limited, and often those options do not even function. They are just placebo options. >.>

Ye, we feel your pain. I hope you can get it fixed at some day.

Jesus I stop visiting the site for a few weeks and come back to a complete circus. Map’s not being released on time for the poor suckers that bought ASA? Not shocking in the slightest. What is shocking however is how they doubled down on making the pay2win dino even more busted to try and tempt folk to buy it. Resurrecting dead dinos? Seriously? So now we’re just completely removing a very crucial risk from the equation if players throw out some extra coin?
I never thought I’d say this but I pity the pvp players, poor bastards are going to be trapped in a downright hellish loop of trying to fend off mega tribes with more money than sense with a nigh endless stream of tames. Manage to kill someone’s imprinted carcha after burning all of your resources and nearly every tame? They come back with that exact same carcha and finish the job while you’re licking your wounds. How’s that going to be even remotely fair to the average player?

Edited by CosmicSkeleton
  • Thanks 1