[Solved] Is there a mean to spawn a dino with mutations on ASA ?

Elgar

EDIT : Solved thanks to u/LilTimThePimp on Reddit. There is a command, AddMutations, allowing to add mutations to a dino where they need to be.

Hi, now that in Ark Ascended the mutations have their own separate counters, like base stats, is there a mean to spawn a dino with mutations ?

There is the command SpawnExactDino but this command exists since ASE and therefore you can't specify mutations for the new ASA system, as far as I know.

I ask this because I'm an admin and if a player on my server loses a mutated dino because of a bug, I can't respawn it with its mutations. That's especially detrimental for breeders, and there are several breeders on my server who reproduce highly mutated dinos.

Edited by Elgar

1 hour ago, Elgar said:

Hi, now that in Ark Ascended the mutations have their own separate counters, like base stats, is there a mean to spawn a dino with mutations ?

There is the command SpawnExactDino but this command exists since ASE and therefore you can't specify mutations for the new ASA system, as far as I know.

I ask this because I'm an admin and if a player on my server loses a mutated dino because of a bug, I can't respawn it with its mutations. That's especially detrimental for breeders, and there are several breeders on my server who reproduce highly mutated dinos.

I think creatures have like this Sample ID thing. I think you will need a mod that re-creates creatures using this ID. 
I am not sure this exsist for ASA. But I hope i remember this correctly and there are mods for that, at least ASE...
-> Looking for it, but cant find it... Maybe it was an option on the dino-recovery ticket form...
Im not really helpfull, sorry...

Edited by SunsetErosion
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, SunsetErosion said:

I think creatures have like this Sample ID thing. I think you will need a mod that re-creates creatures using this ID. 
I am not sure this exsist for ASA. But I hope i remember this correctly and there are mods for that, at least ASE...
-> Looking for it, but cant find it... Maybe it was an option on the dino-recovery ticket form...
Im not really helpfull, sorry...

You tried to be helpful, so thank you for that, much appreciated. :)

Well, my question was solved thanks to someone on Reddit : ASA has added some new commands that are not listed yet on the wiki. One of them is AddMutations. We can't spawn dinos with mutations, but now we can just add mutations after we spawn them, thanks to this command AddMutations.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Elgar changed the title to [Solved] Is there a mean to spawn a dino with mutations on ASA ?

@ElgarIf you can link me a source with some info I'll get it added to ASV for you.

..edit..

Found it, added to Tamed copy/rcon command dropdown in next release of ASV.  Will create a chained command for multiple mutations:

AddMutations 0 1|AddMutations 1 2|AddMutations 3 1..... etc

Edited by MirageUK
  • Like 2

On 2/23/2024 at 7:22 PM, MirageUK said:

@ElgarIf you can link me a source with some info I'll get it added to ASV for you.

..edit..

Found it, added to Tamed copy/rcon command dropdown in next release of ASV.  Will create a chained command for multiple mutations:

AddMutations 0 1|AddMutations 1 2|AddMutations 3 1..... etc

Isn't it by chance that you can create a Mod that can emulate your program on XBox/Ps consoles too?

I read the discussion when you started, some time ago, and in my opinion you finally developed an excellent product. I would also like to see ArkSmartBreeder on the console even if I have now learned to process my notes written on paper together with the good Dododex.

40 minutes ago, CervantesMor said:

Isn't it by chance that you can create a Mod that can emulate your program on XBox/Ps consoles too?

I read the discussion when you started, some time ago, and in my opinion you finally developed an excellent product. I would also like to see ArkSmartBreeder on the console even if I have now learned to process my notes written on paper together with the good Dododex.

My ventures into trying to learn Unreal Engine didn't get very far so I can't currently see any possibility of creating this to work as an in-game MOD unfortunately.

11 hours ago, MirageUK said:

My ventures into trying to learn Unreal Engine didn't get very far so I can't currently see any possibility of creating this to work as an in-game MOD unfortunately.

My hope is the last to die :) who knows in the future a good Modder interested in collaborating with you to make it possible :) however I take this opportunity to pay you a compliment.