Rhynio Nerf

ughhhhh

1 hour ago, ughhhhh said:

farming with bugs is absolute garbage. why did you have to nerf it? 

if your trying to combat picking up enemy dinos then why don't you make picking up enemy dinos slower like you did with the skiff?

now trying to farm is no better then using a quetzal to farm.

The rhynio nerfs are so bad. HP, weight, stamina. And if I'm not mistaking, also the armor.

If you're nerfing the speed, bump up the stamina as it will take is x2 more stam to get where we're going.

47 minutes ago, raxus said:

The rhynio nerfs are so bad. HP, weight, stamina. And if I'm not mistaking, also the armor.

If you're nerfing the speed, bump up the stamina as it will take is x2 more stam to get where we're going.

seriously!

this game was fun and now it feels like 100x steps backwards.

lets see i was gonna farm berries but guess what they nerf the hit radius against bushes so now instead of one swing/hit you have to swing 100 times to get what you use to get when you hit once. 

we fixed industrial cooker autocraft but you are going to spend an hour trying to farm berries now compared to 5 minutes of berry farming. 

what else can we do to make your life miserable oh ya bugs! no more flying fast cause that just too OP! 

Edited by ughhhhh

Agreed on the Bug speed nerf as it makes it useless for metal farming or carrying anything in general. If they are looking at doing this it should be done to all fliers and not just the bug and that would make the game just not fun IMHO imagine an argie flying at half speed.  Id say keep the stat nerf and restore flier speed while carrying something would be reasonable. 

7 hours ago, crazybizow said:

As a PVE player, I have ZERO desire to play this until its reverted.

Can't use the old quetz and anky method especially solo due to the metal node locations. Argy's are fine for early game. But why punish PVE players? Almost all these damn patches are PVP related. Exploit this, exploit that smh...

I did try it. The ground sometimes pushes off the anky of your quetz. Trees, structures and even other dinos can knock it off also

Please tell us why or AT LEAST that there is a revision to the nerf, let me tell you why..

This morning I was enjoying farming some metal with my Rhynio that I worked very hard to imprint and get full cravings, waited very long to finally use and step up my metal game. Thinking oh boy, life sure is miserable and I am otherwise super depressed. Sure am glad that my bug on ark makes me happy. Woo hoo!

then, incoming, not only did it get a nerf, but the Rhynio got an unacceptably HUGE NERF. I mean, the biggest point here,

I can't drag my newly tamed theriums or theriz more than a quarter of the distance worth of stamina anymore? OUTRAGEOUS.

So i see could we get a little more speed back and decrease stamina drain? Or do like you did with the skiff and make it take longer to pick up the dino?

This is unbearable, and I'm certain lots of people feel the same way. No way do I feel like playing this game anymore after this, nor heck of a lot of other players. :(

400444405_297754699827190_6132525053340756115_n - Copy.jpg

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to Rhynio Nerf

I am super happy that the bug was hit hard with the nerf bat. It was so riddiculously OP it's not even funny. Now let's see where do I start...

Flies faster than a ptera. Carries bigger dinos than a quezt. Surpasses the argy as a farming utility dino  Has riddiculous amounts of tankiness. Has high stats across the board. Has multiple different attacks. Walks on water. Swims like a dolphin.

That's a pretty extensive list and I probably forgot something.

The only complain I have is that the nerf should have been done way earlier, but hey better late than never.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, JJacky said:

I am super happy that the bug was hit hard with the nerf bat. It was so riddiculously OP it's not even funny. Now let's see where do I start...

Flies faster than a ptera. Carries bigger dinos than a quezt. Surpasses the argy as a farming utility dino  Has riddiculous amounts of tankiness. Has high stats across the board. Has multiple different attacks. Walks on water. Swims like a dolphin.

That's a pretty extensive list and I probably forgot something.

The only complain I have is that the nerf should have been done way earlier, but hey better late than never.

Unpopular opinion, but not wrong on most counts.  The rhynio being better overall is rather acceptable though if you consider the number of hoops you have to jump through and the resources required to raise one.  It's a progression, and even if the quetz can't carry all that the rhynio can, it at least can carry a house.  Mobile taming station, smelting station (until phoenixes get added with Scorched Earth), on the go smithy for your tribe, and free and simple cartage of all those tribe members anywhere on the map.  I'd like to see a rhynio do that.

I feel like some of the numbers were a bit harsh though.  A 50% reduction is really harsh, especially for a PvE server (as I'm hosting).  I'd like it if the reductions were tied to the PvP/PvE state of the server.

21 hours ago, JJacky said:

These gotta be the dumbest complaints ever. 

It's literally progression, is every dino supposed to be good at one thing? Because that's how we get poop like the Giga, which is literally only used for its high damage and is useless in every other regard. 

Rhynio is probably the hardest creature to tame right now, and even once all the DLC creatures come out, it'll still be top 5 because you need 1. Good Dinos 2. To find a high level Rhynio with a good stat role 3. Successfully get that dino impregnated 4. Give that dino all its random cravings 5. Actually get the Rhynio to be born without the parent dying (Apparently some dinos are dying before the baby is born) and 6. Hopefully get all the stats you want when the baby is born. 

It's the quintessential end-game tame, you literally need other end-game dinos to get a good one. 

Sorry, but all that deserves to be a cut above other creatures. Maybe rather than nerf the Rhynio, recognize the Ptera and Argy are early-midgame tames, the Quetz has needed help for years, its high stats only come in when you put the effort in to get them, multiple attacks isn't really a balance issue, walking on water really isn't either, and while it may be a bit fast underwater, it has nothing on underwater tames that'll smoke it for being in their zone. 

• Thanks 1

You obviously see what you want to see in my response, because you are upset about the nerf. They were not complaints, but reasoning to the nerfs.

Taming difficulty has not reflected the usefulness of the tame before and should not now. Troodons are still ass to tame, but quite useless (yes even in pvp).

The bug is now balanced. No more zipping around the map while carrying large dinos. Wanna farm? Use an argy.

Der Nerf der Rhynio ist für mich als PVE Spieler nicht nachvollziehbar. Ich habe mir die Mühe gemacht, eine zu holen, nur um dann festzustellen, dass ich beim Tragen einer Kreatur nicht vom Fleck komme. Ärgerlich. Könnt ihr nicht die Nerfs für PVE und PVP getrennt machen? Bei Elden Ring funktioniert es doch auch. Immer muss alles kaputt gepacht werden, nur weil sich die Minderheit beschwert, dass etwas zu OP sei

• Thanks 1

The nerf is ridiculous to be fair. Even wild ones are a joke and getting it down to 10% now is a ridiculous cause it dies so easily.

Just another end-game flyer turned useless like the quetzal. Which both are some of the hardest to tame but with zero gratification now and for sure i know ill never need either of them.

GG Wildcard throwing another L at its playerbase.

• Facepalm 1

On 12/11/2023 at 10:25 PM, JJacky said:

The bug is now balanced. No more zipping around the map while carrying large dinos. Wanna farm? Use an argy.

This was never an issue people brought up when the Tek Skiff did the same thing... 

Literally just apply this change to enemy dinos and its fine, like I said, the Rhynio is clear progression past using an Argy. 

On 12/11/2023 at 10:25 PM, JJacky said:

Taming difficulty has not reflected the usefulness of the tame before and should not now. Troodons are still ass to tame, but quite useless (yes even in pvp).

This is more reflecting on the uselessness of the Troodon, and really has nothing to do with the Rhynio. Troodon is also pretty easy to work around with baby dinos, Rhynio far less so. 

This nerf is ridiculous.
You pick up a DODO, and you fly as though you're MAX encumbered.
WTH wildcard?

If nothing else, for the love of god, please make a simple command to undo this abortion of a nerf in .ini for private servers.
This nerf literally makes this dino's carry capability utter garbage.
Or,... and don't fall down here.....cause this is gonna sound CRAZY.... but how about nerf it for other owned dinos.... and NOT for your own,... or for wild dinos....

F-ing stupidly hard to tame perfectly.

Then 1 week later. you're amazing awesome tame, and all the work is now a worthless piece of S**T.

CurseForge Mods already has a fix.... so WildCard... go screw your stupid BS nerf.  Problem solved.  Thx for nothing lazy devs.

Edited by Dumplingking99
Mod fixes WildCards ridiculous garbage update... Private Server ftw "LOST & FOUND"