Extra Life 2023 Recap

StudioWildcard

EL2023.png

FDeTISqVcAIrrCi?format=jpg&name=large

We are overwhelmed with gratitude for your unwavering support during our 8th annual ExtraLife charity fundraiser. Your collective generosity has once again surpassed our expectations, allowing us to raise an astounding $118,138 in just 24 hours of streaming.

We are deeply touched by the hundreds of viewers who tuned in to our streams, cheered us on, and donated to our cause. Your presence made our 24-hour marathon all the more exciting and meaningful.

We extend our heartfelt thanks to our amazing partners who generously provided gift donations for our giveaways. Your contributions played a significant role in enhancing our fundraiser and adding an extra layer of excitement for our viewers.

Finally, we salute our dedicated team of streamers who committed themselves to raising money for this worthy cause. Your passion, dedication, and endless hours of streaming were instrumental in achieving our remarkable fundraising goal.

Thank you, our amazing gaming community, for making our 8th annual ExtraLife fundraiser a resounding success. Your generosity will have a profound impact on the lives of countless individuals in need. We are truly humbled by your unwavering support.

OurPartners.png

• Nvidia
  • Alienware
  • Intel
  • Overwolf
  • Nitrado

ExtraLifeTeam.png

• Syntac - $40,783
  • HillbillyWilly - $12,812
  • Raasclark & Aaron Longstaff - $11,947
  • Royale With Cheese - $5,696
  • Phlinger Phoo - $3,071
  • Shockist - $2,170
  • [Ned] NeddyTheNoodle - $1,840
  • No No No -Exoleras - $1,815
  • ARK Official PVE Community - $1,427
  • Panda - $1,133

elreveals.png

If you didn't get a chance to check out our 24-hour Extra Life stream, don't worry!  We have all the reveals and clips of all the memorable moments!

adventurepack.png

ExtraLife2023_ASA_Scorched_AdventurePack_01.jpg

New to Scorched Earth: Frontier Adventure Pack! What’s a cowpoke without their trusty boots and hat? Strut Scorched Earth in style as you embark on a new journey with the Frontier Adventure Pack! Scorched Earth's launch date has been moved to March 2024.

introducing_faso.png

ExtraLife2023_ASA_Fasolosuchus_01.jpg

Check out this new 3D render of Fasolasuchus.  Hear the Deathworms tremble as they no longer dominate the sands of Scorched Earth when Fasolasuchus makes its grand entrance on ARK: Survival Ascended!

krampus.png

ExtraLife2023_ASA_WinterWonderland_Krampus_01.jpg

Krampus will descend on Winter Wonderland to punish naughty tribemates for pretending to be AFK when it’s time to farm!

roadmap.png

ca17ec38673f05faca04db94b8040171.jpg

Check out the updated content roadmap for ARK: Survival Ascended!

newmusic.png

MeiyinSM.png

We revealed some more music from ARK The Animated Series -- part of the series' nearly 7-hour live-orchestrated original score by Gareth Coker , a magnum opus! 

sotf.png

TSOTF_Keyart_1980.jpg

Survival of the Fittest makes its cross-play return to ARK: Survival Ascended on December 20th for PC, Xbox, and PlayStation! Be on the lookout for more information in an upcoming Community Crunch!

elclips.png

Check out all the memorable segments from our Extra Life 2023 stream!

highlightJessica.png

We sit down with Jessica from UF Shands to discuss the Extra Life initiative and fundraising!

highlightshahar.png

We sit down with Chief Marketing Officer from Overwolf, Shahar, to discuss the upcoming ARKathon modding contest and upcoming modding initiatives.

highlightjer.png

We sit down with Jeremy and Jesse to discuss Scorched Earth, the Frontier Adventure Pack, and much more!

highlightstreetlight.png

We sit down with Drew Walker, from Streetlight Gaming, to discuss how ExtraLife and the impact it has on programs like Streetlight Gaming.

More On Streetlight Gaming

highlightggfizz.png

GG Fizz shows off a breathtaking build for ExtraLife and talks about building in ARK: Survival Ascended.

highlightdrawing.png

Our talented concept artist, Clayton, sits down to draw a creature based on the chat's recommendations.

highlightsotf1.png

Get your first look at SOTF in ARK: Survival Ascended.  Craig and Evza play a round of SOTF.

highlighttrivia.png

Ready for some ARK Trivia?  Check out Dave, Jackson, Svala, and Michael take on ARK trivia while Cedric hosts.

highlightsotf2.png

Round 2 of SOTF with Craig Brown and Yue.

highlightbroodmother.png

Svala takes on the challenge of beating the Broodmother in 3 hours!  Can she do it?

highlightsnacks.png

Check out our regional snack review with snacks from: Eastern Europe, Canada, Turkey, and Guatemala.

nekatus.png

We sit down with popular modder, Nekatus, to see what's on his plate.

highlightsotf3.png

Round 3 of SOTF with Zane and Craig.

highlighthalls.png

We take a look at some of our favorite entries in the Community Crunch and take a look at an ARK: Survival Evolved since launch.  Here's the link to all the entries in the Halls of History!

And that's a wrap on Extralife 2023!

Studio Wildcard

Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
Discord: discord.com/invite/playark
Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark
Twitch: twitch.tv/survivetheark
Steam: steamcommunity.com/app/346110
Youtube: youtube.com/survivetheark
Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark
Threads: threads.net/@survivetheark
Official Wiki: ark.wiki.gg

View full article

It's interesting how you guys have taken the time to set up a roadmap, as if anyone who is part of this community and has followed you for years didn't know you are going to postpone every single one of those dates just as it's been a trend. Since you can't stick to the release dates you provide, why don't you just give an estimated range of days for each content release instead?

I love Ark and I think you guys have made a work of art with both ASE and ASA, but I am tired of how you keep doing the same thing over and over. The way you handle content release and dates is ridiculous and makes me feel as if you thought you're dealing with gullible fools who will believe the same lies indefinitely. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 2
  • Facepalm 1

Thank you WC your the best 

so hyped for the story maps and adventure packs and more tek items and more story im so hyped to be able to experience extinction ascended 

I wonder what the November surprise is maybe it is the past of sanctuary/extinction before it as destroyed or maybe as it as destroyed or maybe playing as explorer notes characters either way I’m so hyped 

please cancel ark 2 make more story maps for ASA want sci fi story driven games not storyless souls adventure games 

we need less Dinos and primitive and more tek and more story maps 

Edited by Ikusu
  • Facepalm 2

Good job WC on your fundraising, but can you now address other problems that are still preventing players from actually playing on the official servers? There's no Xbox only servers for pve, at least nothing there last I checked 2 days ago. All other servers are full cause they are cross play and the PC players have taken all the land. New players can't play on those servers. Xbox players were told that they'd have a chance to catch up when we finally got access. Can't get caught up if we can't get on and build our bases. And when we play on unofficial servers, we aren't guaranteed access to the events if the server admins decide to exclude them.

We need more servers for console pve and someone needs to do something about excessive land pillaring.

Edited by Vixhanna
  • Thanks 2

Great event! I spend a wopping 4 hours on it. Actually I tried for 20 hours, but the other 16 I got kicked/rollbacks/dead babies.

Great job WildCard. 

Just one more thing, all DLCs wich will be coming in the next 6 years still will be free correct? 

Next to (what a surprise) another postponed date for SE, I really hope you guys stop giving releasedates. They are always months/years/decades later. Stop making a fool out of yourself. Fix the game. Stop adding content, just fix the game. 

I've added a screenshot about the free DLCs. Just in case.Screenshot_20231026_120144_Chrome.jpg.f24e881519e27924c2c285db5fe6230b.jpg

• Facepalm 1

15 hours ago, Vixhanna said:

There's no Xbox only servers for pve, at least nothing there last I checked

That is because they said there is "no point" in making Console-Only PvE servers (even though they kind-of promised after deleting our ASE Official ones), as if PC cheaters don't also cheat on PvE lol. It is still cheating to skip progression on character, breeding, etc. Also hacks where they can grief you and/or get your base destroyed. Macros/Programs to cheat with Boss kills/farming. A lot of people really don't want to play with PC (and they mean it)!!!

I'm not on ASA, but I have observed all of the nightmare stories, especially with pillars. I can only imagine there being Tek Pillars within the first week from cheaters that probably won't ever decay.

Doesn't seem fair.

Edited by Mike585x

ARK: Survival Ascended includes access to all of ARK’s worlds, including Scorched Earth, Aberration, Extinction, ARK Genesis Part 1, ARK Genesis Part 2, and more. The Island is released now, with the subsequent expansion worlds to be added at no additional cost on a regular basis.

So wait, how can you say that purchasing ASA includes access to ALL of Ark's worlds at no additional cost, yet you're adding additional paid DLC to those worlds? Isn't that the definition of additional cost?

Edited by AndrewLB

32 minutes ago, deinonicuz said:

I got banned for no reason and I can't get my id. I'm trying whoami. And I canT fiGure it out

I'm so mad u guys robbed me for 40 my ps5 tag is alahlalalala how do I get my id. I've tried 

Whoami who am I and everything there is

In that post you made earlier, you said you were game sharing with a friend. Seems like a big no-no to me.