ORP Servers

Rashawn

Suggestion

240 replies to this server topic

3 hours ago, Dodowhisperer said:

Ora hai capito. La simulazione non si interrompe solo perché ti disconnetti. Le persone che descrivi purtroppo rappresentano una buona parte della base di giocatori e nulla impedisce loro di non vivere su orp dietro mille alternative. Questo è più o meno quello che fanno anche quando si stancano dei funzionari regolari. Nel mio precedente cluster ORP , uno di questi senza vita ha praticamente preso il controllo dell'intero server gen1 cercando di vendere addomesticati, spot, ecc. E aveva 5 diverse tribù alternative per diversi biomi, ecc. Un altro senza vita ha spammato tutta l'estinzione. Ogni volta che veniva lanciata una nuova mappa, una vita senza vita spammava intere sezioni della mappa con cancelli, muri e spam orped in modo che nessun altro potesse costruire o ottenere artefatti. Solo un GM che avesse giocato ogni giorno sul cluster se ne sarebbe accorto e sarebbe stato in grado di fermarlo in modo proattivo

I played on playstation both in cross EU 5 and 10 and I have never seen something like this, where I played there was room for everyone, alone I managed to beat all the bosses on the island in medium difficulty plus basic manticore, the wyvern queen and other minor bosses, I don't think I can do it in normal pvp unfortunately. 

3 hours ago, Dodowhisperer said:

Ora hai capito. La simulazione non si interrompe solo perché ti disconnetti. Le persone che descrivi purtroppo rappresentano una buona parte della base di giocatori e nulla impedisce loro di non vivere su orp dietro mille alternative. Questo è più o meno quello che fanno anche quando si stancano dei funzionari regolari. Nel mio precedente cluster ORP , uno di questi senza vita ha praticamente preso il controllo dell'intero server gen1 cercando di vendere addomesticati, spot, ecc. E aveva 5 diverse tribù alternative per diversi biomi, ecc. Un altro senza vita ha spammato tutta l'estinzione. Ogni volta che veniva lanciata una nuova mappa, una vita senza vita spammava intere sezioni della mappa con cancelli, muri e spam orped in modo che nessun altro potesse costruire o ottenere artefatti. Solo un GM che avesse giocato ogni giorno sul cluster se ne sarebbe accorto e sarebbe stato in grado di fermarlo in modo proattivo

Most PVP and PVE players don't even know that the official ORP existed. Maybe if WD had publicized the ORP more, many more people would play it and there wouldn't be servers that remain half empty and there wouldn't be the creation of absurd situations like what you said. fixes like pins etc would remove other annoying issues, for the issue of foundations blocking areas they have reduced the number of structures you can place a tribe at 5500 before it was 10 times larger and may help decrease the issues you mention, certainly a GM who does his job would definitely be welcome 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, aikkam said:

I played on playstation both in cross EU 5 and 10 and I have never seen something like this, where I played there was room for everyone, alone I managed to beat all the bosses on the island in medium difficulty plus basic manticore, the wyvern queen and other minor bosses, I don't think I can do it in normal pvp unfortunately. 

lol then either you weren't paying attention, lying, allied with the culprits or completely unaware of what was going on behind the scenes with the sad no life addicts trying to control those clusters. ORP abuse was definitely happening on those clusters and in particular RMT was a driving force behind a lot of it. If you knew, you knew.  ORP should not be implemented again until Wildcard can code better ORP abuse detection/prevention and start banning people by game license copy rather than player account.  It seems that Wildcard has elected not to even bother with ORP though and that's perfectly valid.  Trust me, its better to have no ORP at all than play the same broken variant of it.

3 minutes ago, aikkam said:

I can't play normal pvp on my own also because my friends who I had convinced to come to ASA's ORP, to finally have a tribe worthy of being called such, don't play for many hours like me, we can't manage pvp normal, only in the ORP we can play if I have to wait to have a better ORP mode I'm not complaining I would just need them to communicate it 

There's the problem. Ark PVP mode was never meant to be a solo or small group game online.  People are supposed to form large tribes and alliances to defend against 24/7 threats on servers. That's just how they designed the game unfortunately. Even smalls has shadow alliances teaming regardless of the rules. 

I liked the crossark clusters. I think they offer an important alternative to players who want to play official but dont want to live in a mega. Mega life is not for everyone and those of us who like official but want to free of megas should have a place to go.  The ORP clusters were fun. Not perfect, but fun. There are some things that would need to be fixed with it but id like to see them come back.

• Thanks 1

On 12/12/2023 at 3:26 PM, aikkam said:

pvp orp is not halfway between pvp and pve. question if I attack a base with no one to defend it am I doing pvp? in my opinion no, attacking an offline base is pve nothing changes from attacking a normal wild dinosaur. only when there are active players on both sides of the conflict is it pvp, a turret or a tamed dinosaur without any player to command them is pve, we want this to be authentic pvp 

Yes. Most of the game is PvE, the only difference that makes it PvP is you can attack others and be attacked. I still believe it's "middle ground" between the two. Basically, being offline with orp is practically making your base PvE setting. 

Sweaty PvPers will just camp until you log in or kite stuff to your base like PvE anyway heh. Or use ORP to make structures invincible using multiple accounts.

Trust me, I get it though. I do hope they change their mind and give you all the ORP servers you are asking for.

I've never heard of ORP being a thing on PvP servers before, so naturally it does seem intriguing if I ever decide to step out of the safety of PvE waters. One of the main fears of PvP for us PvEers is logging in and all of our stuff is gone. Hence middle ground.

I upvoted.

Edited by Mike585x
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, mc58 said:

ASE we got those servers, actually 2 clusters ORP, NA and EU(crossark6 and crossark5), they also hav a high pop and got capped all the time, why we can't hav those servers back? Please Dev's bring them back. 

Please if you are a player from crossark6 or 5 back in the day, consider share this undersigned https://chng.it/RpY5zgMrqT

done

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, FortnitePlayer20 said:

How do you know and why the 24th?

More servers are being released on the 24th. They are non-transfer only servers. I think that person is hoping for ORP to be included in those. I doubt they will be as WildCard has stated more than once they don't have any plans to add ORP servers. But you never know. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/1/2023 at 6:25 PM, TeRyn said:

@complexminded

I think the discord mod Imperial has a personal agenda against ORP servers. Every hour or so I drop in a simple respectful msg asking for orp servers.

"@dollie @complexminded Could you please add some PvP ORP servers to the official network."

I got muted for 2 hours the first time and now 6hours this time by the same mod when none of the other discord mods have warned me for "spam" in the 4-5 days i've been asking for them. Meanwhile for the past 5 days its being spammed with console news requests and now the newest for the past 8 hours its been nothing but different styles of writing "soon" yet i'm flagged for spam when its every hour or so, way past the chat timer.

People who are prejudice dont deserve a place in any online community.  Someone may be in trouble... 

Edited by RealNomad

On 11/28/2023 at 11:39 PM, Dodowhisperer said:

I'm sorry but ORP is a garbage filled cesspool. On paper its meant for casual players but in reality its not.

So many ways to exploit with it and every other toxic man child who couldn't hack official pvp wind up on these clusters exploiting, meshing, orp camping, stalking and harassing casual players because they can't offline them as they normally would.  Getting rid of ORP is actually a blessing for all players and reduces Wildcard's moderation/legal ticket volume. Have you had your base camped 24/7 with enemy tames and players waiting who don't care how many times they get banned? Do you know tribemates/allies who have been doxxed,  received death threats or ddosed because angry man children want to wipe your tribes completely but can't?  The fact that bans are easily circumvented with new accounts is a whole other topic but the worst of the worst wind up on ORP clusters. Even normal pvp is ruined by two words, "ORP SPAM".

Good riddance to orp

This is true. Thats why we cleansed crossark5 of all the cheaters. It was pretty good after we got rid all of the orp abusers.

Yep Snails is ruining this game very quickly with microtransactions and skins and paid DLC thats not even maps.

The only selling point for me was my hopes for ORP clusters and without those i haven't played more than 5 minutes in the game and most certainly wont be buying anything extra if they cant even get me to play it.