ORP Servers

Rashawn

Suggestion

240 replies to this server topic

Ark ascended been here for a couple month now and the game is good I even playing ark since 2017, however I really wish the devs were much more considering informing us they weren’t going to have Orp servers on ascended or if they were in the future tell keep is updating somehow I literally finally got into a tribe.. because now a days it’s truly difficult to get into a tribe.. with that being said we got a cave and build up pretty quick we were there for 2 weeks before we got raided again today we just got wiped again like I literally cannot keep starting over and over and over on a damn server that has no Orp like this is literally a simulation of hell at this POINT!!! We have a 5 man tribe possible 6 and we sacrifice things in our personal life to build up like this. Theirs literally no reason why ark ascended does not have a Orp server TODAY!!!! Like seriously what is the wait about I have a life too… Please studio wild card put an official Orp server on for consoles PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I’m at the point of just uninstalling this game being on a no Orp server this is insane. THANK YOU!!!! 

Edited by TheRealDarklo
Forgot some things
  • Thanks 3

On 14/12/2023 at 16:09, Mike585x said:

Non ho mai sentito parlare di ORP come qualcosa di PvP server prima, quindi naturalmente sembrerebbe intrigante se mai decidessi di uscire dalla sicurezza delle acque PvE.

Unfortunately, many players don't even know that official PVP orP existed in Ark and this is only the fault of Wild Card which doesn't allow players to know about this mode. pvp orp should be a separate mode like pvp and pve are not a variant hidden among the hundreds of pvp servers. 

• Like 1

i too will also add myself to the count @StudioWildcard wise up and add the orp gamemode that was in the game before
fair enough you somehow managed to get the community to purchase the game again, why not just add modes that was in the original game, it would appear that its nothing to do with popularity as you have said before

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Logan96 said:

The Rant (Gotta let it out):

Very surprised that there has still been no official implementation on ORP. Took a big break around the time the new game came out, due to a lack of faith in both the company this community. Now I know this game is a remaster, but I honestly expected ORP to be in it, even though it has it's flaws.

At this point anything is better than nothing. The old system may have been plagued with exploiters who had nothing better to do than to troll you, but for the most part you had the opportunity to actually build up some defenses and have a proper battle, before your base fell.

We aren't looking for a streamlined ORP anymore. We just want to be enjoy a bit of PvP while still working a full time job and spend time with our family. People always respond to this and say that you just need to join a decent tribe, but this is not true. Decent tribes require daily activity which is just not possible for most people.

I even tried to build up a large competitive tribe on official PvP servers specifically for people like us and the majority of the old tribe members I've become friends with had already left the community due to burnout...games aren't supposed to be a chore!

The Point:

I got some people at work interested in the game, but once they learned that you can be attacked without even playing it became a joke and they refused to buy into it.  I would love for Ark to become the next game that we all hit up after a day of work and unwind. Think of potential customers that could get into the game. 

In a time where other competitive PvP games demand total focus and concentration from the player, Ark was my retreat. I see modern games with all of these daily log ins and other trash to keep you coming on each day and I hate it.

Ark is demanding more time from their players and removing our only PvP option is a slap in the face to all the players who have a life. It was at the very least a clear message to me. They do not want players like us in their game. 

Message received...guess I won't be seeing you guys in either of the new games. What a bummer. 

thats all 100% but Unfortunately they couldn't care less even if they wanted to snail is pulling the strings ORP and the hardcore modes is nowhere near the top of the list i would be actually stunned to ever see them being added
the game was rushed out the door it is not built from the ground up either it is all imported from ase with tweaks here and there, most bugs and exploits still exists and perhaps new bugs and one that is right up there is console commands/INI files, what was the point in updated graphics if the majority of players can turn off foliage ect any command that gives a pvp advantage players will use it, but yet pushing out skins is more important use of time?? and mods these are things that should be implemented down the road when the game is stable and more maps
skins ffs what a utter waste of time.
snails direction will severely hamper the game its probably time we all just moved on

• Thanks 1

On 4/20/2024 at 6:43 AM, FalconHoof87 said:

Dont know you tell me?
My comment was moved to this topic which is pointless because the devs dont take any game suggestions  into account i'd even argue none of them have even looked at this topic since the day they added it.

I would prolly agree to this, its just added to the forums to give us a sense of "they care".

Still waiting for ORP servers and its going on day 178 maybe 179 now.

• Thanks 2

I can't look it up anymore but the official name was something along the lines orp cross ark 6. Wording may be wrong but definitely was orp and it was also cross server? Like I said I stayed on that server since extinction came out since that's when I originally got the game. I promise I'm not crazy lol it was official orp.

Edited by Rashawn
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, St1ckyBandit said:

Pretty sure there were never any official orp servers 

The crossark official servers were all ORP.  Unfortunatly it was highly abused to create bases that were invincible by simply building an ORPed shell around your actual base with your best stuff and if people started to raid you and you had decent defenses you could just log off and use alt characters to grind with.

I liked the Crossark ORP servers but the ORP had issues and those issues definitely should be addressed. 

Also @Rashawn That is where I used to play. It was a nice cluster. 

Edited by RealNomad

3 hours ago, RealNomad said:

I liked the Crossark ORP servers but the ORP had issues and those issues definitely should be addressed.

Unfortunately, i think if we get an orp mode at all, it will be the same thing again, just a copy of what is used in pve. But i agree that there are a couple of issues, that could be fixed if the devs wanted.

The easiest but very helpful changes would be to remove pincodes and personal ownership of structures in orp. Both those things allow for super easy orp abuse as you described.
Furthermore i think the orp timer of 15 minutes could be increased a little bit, and structures should not be fully invincible until they decay. Heres a suggestion with debatable number examples just to illustrate the idea. In the first five days after a tribe logs out, the ORP system should provide full protection. But in the following five days, creatures and structures take 1/20th of the normal damage. In the five days after that, they take 1/10th of regular damage. After those 15 days, everything takes half damage if the tribe is still offline. After 20 days, most structures have already decayed anyways, even tek decays then (except for some reason a couple things like dedicated storage boxes, tek troughs and i think some others stay for up to 80 fckn days - please fix this!!!). Such a system could make it way harder for abusing tribes to maintain perma orp structures, and at the same time it gets easier for other tribes to catch them refreshing or to deal with the issue themselves as soon as stuff can take damage again. This should also help take some stress from the customer support because less tickets get sent in about orp abuse.

Edited by acat