Wow...no console....

Rashawn

I should have known from when they said that steam is not going to be cross platform at launch. I don't know how I didn't put it together that the reason why is because they are not launching it all at the same time....... Really bad move in my opinion, doesn't make it any better that there is 0 feedback on when it is coming out....(November is not a release date especially when dealing with whatever clown is doing marketing) I love the game but the way all of this was done leading to this makes me not even want to play anymore. I just out of spite at this point will not be paying for this game anytime soon. Maybe I'll wait for extinction again when it will be cheaper. Done ranting, good luck wildcard..

Edited by Rashawn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The reason they are not enabling crossplay between Steam and consoles right now is because Steam is more efficient to update so they are going to use the Steam version of the game as a testing ground for working out any issues that come up after release, and when they are confident they have a fully-polished product they will at that point sync the Steam version with the console versions and enable crossplay. They explained this in their recent FAQ. Consoles having a delayed release is more of a side-effect to this.

We can all agree this whole entire circus act has been done very poorly but it is what it is and at least we're getting A:SA soon and so far it looks great. I am definitely not holding my breath that it will be an absolutely smooth gameplay experience at first though, the whole thing seems so rushed.

4 hours ago, Rashawn said:

Their explanation is that (something) happened overnight that stopped the release.... I could care less about initial crossplay with steam at start. According to what was promised *release will be on all platforms at same time*...

unfortunately for you, they weren't contractually required to get the game up and running on console by 10/30.  This is why they are rushing it out now.  If it wasn't for that, we'd all still be waiting another month or 2.

• 3 weeks later...

I posted this here in general just because it's general so don't go moving my post you sneaky moderator... ;)

Anyway I know it's silly but I took all next week off in hopes of this game coming out again. True story that I've taken vacations twice now for these releases (I get 6 weeks so no big deal) but it made me think that I really do love this game. The fact of the matter is that I get so let down by wildcard because I think deep down I want them to be better and I expect them to be better, it just doesn't pan out that way in reality which is slightly sad. I still believe in wildcard enough though to release on xbox next week even though I have a sinking feeling 😕 that it will not. Chances are I'll have to take a 4th vacation if they reschedule lol. I feel like I'm a game stalker at this point..... Just my rant for the moment. 

53 minutes ago, MaMab3ar098 said:

I was wondering when Ark ascended will actually come out on Xbox the actual date has been changed 3 times. can I get a proper date

Cant even put a message out at the end of a week like they said…..! never mind a game honestly starting to give up waiting for it to come out with not even a time or date or even a PRICE just everything about wild card is a guess…. Whats the point in having a fourm if use dont reply just ignore….who posting ur twitter account really reposted a gameclip of random account when theres 1000s of people waitin to get an update on a release date a RETAIL PRICE OR ANYTHING just expect us to be physic we had a full tribe a week ago i bet everyone gives up before it even releases sort it out get info out even if its bad news save us the hassel of bothering you lot at wildcard 

• Like 1