Very Disappointed with Minimal ASA Changes (mostly pvp prespective)

Tylanater

-Still cave meta, all servers will be barren above ground a few weeks after launch

-Still completely broken and OP breeding with bred dinos being more than 10000% stronger than tamed (aka you have to nolife breed forever and new people to the server can never stand a chance)

-Nothing new in regards to the MASSIVE cheating problem (anti cheat software and bounty already exist)

-No info on the jank melee swinging ark has always had or the massive problem with "desync" ranged shots.

-Minimap and pings. zzz it's not a battle royale.

-No info on restricting INI on official (and actually enforcing it)

-No info on mesh improvements with UE5???

-No talk of notes being removed. If island only launches with a note run it will totally kill the progress of the early game. Exp needs to be  reduced a lot. If day 1 everyone is 105 it's not gonna be good.

In theory fixing movement speed is okay but speedhack is literally everywhere so now you are just even slower to cheaters. At least crossplay existing will hopefully stir up all the console players when they realize how bad and prevalent the cheating really is.

Maybe the trailer will have more info but tbh I don't think it's looking good. More of the same is not what Ark pvp needed.

• Volunteer Moderator
8 minutes ago, Tylanater said:

Yeah that will definitely happen if it's still an option. I kind of hope it isn't though because console player fervor might be the only thing to get the devs to actually act on cheaters lol.

I do find it pretty interesting that the very existence of the non-PC/Console crossplay cluster means the devs are aware of and understand how rampant the PC cheating is. 

Edited by Joebl0w13
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Tylanater said:

-Still cave meta, all servers will be barren above ground a few weeks after launch

-Still completely broken and OP breeding with bred dinos being more than 10000% stronger than tamed (aka you have to nolife breed forever and new people to the server can never stand a chance)

-Nothing new in regards to the MASSIVE cheating problem (anti cheat software and bounty already exist)

-No info on the jank melee swinging ark has always had or the massive problem with "desync" ranged shots.

-Minimap and pings. zzz it's not a battle royale.

-No info on restricting INI on official (and actually enforcing it)

-No info on mesh improvements with UE5???

-No talk of notes being removed. If island only launches with a note run it will totally kill the progress of the early game. Exp needs to be  reduced a lot. If day 1 everyone is 105 it's not gonna be good.

In theory fixing movement speed is okay but speedhack is literally everywhere so now you are just even slower to cheaters. At least crossplay existing will hopefully stir up all the console players when they realize how bad and prevalent the cheating really is.

Yep.

Incredible that wildcard just ignores this opportunity to fix breeding and do other bigger balance changes. Cant really tone things down at a later time without players freaking out because they might lose things they worked for. It would be better to start with limitations and if necessary they can always raise them, nobody would complain.

• Like 2

Also, if wildcard is serious about this,

we want to provide the community with an evergreen classic-ARK experience

there is no way around adressing the breeding mechanics further, same with all the other huge balance issues and with cheating (including ini abuse and meshing).

A game that is poorly balanced and flooded by cheaters and black markets, is not going to be an evergreen.

Edited by acat
  • Like 1

Everyone here complaining like they didnt say a NEW anticheat, you  guys just hear what you want too you can't judge a NEW anti cheat off the one thats over 10 years old lmao, tell me you know nothing about how cheating/software development works without telling me lol 

All survival games are cave meta they all can be raided its harder but this incentivises team play and coordination anyone smart enough to play a cave properly has something worth raiding it, there are countless videos of every cave being raided. 

This game is and always has been centered around the breeding and dino strength if you don't like it play unnofficial there are plenty of servers for every type of person you get no accolades here for playing official if anything most people think youre dumb if you still played official in the past 3 years, most people like the breeding you being the one whiney person doesn't make a difference also its rng you can get lucky and get those same dinos breeding in a month or a year its not that all they do is no life maybe spend more time playing less online in forums complaining lol

hell YEAH they need to fix melee and desync on shots laggy ass long neck no excuses if hit reg is broken ill refund day 1.

the map absolutely needed an  update just because something isn't for you doesn't mean others won't enjoy it.  

They 1000% need to address INI in the Q&A coming up as it effects all aspects of gameplay negatively pvp pve official and non. 

The mesh improvements on UE5 should have been implicit if you new what that meant to begin with nobody needs to hold our hand trhough the abc's. 

Notes would drop without the genesis ones so nobody is going to be able to exploit it too bad anymore than a broth of enlightenment while riding a megatherium through swamp cave 

ALL IN ALL most of you suffer from the dunning kreuger effect i can go from level 0 to 100 and some form of tek in less than a day solo no notes. 

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

34 minutes ago, deaduni said:

Everyone here complaining like they didnt say a NEW anticheat, you  guys just hear what you want too you can't judge a NEW anti cheat off the one thats over 10 years old lmao, tell me you know nothing about how cheating/software development works without telling me lol

The anti cheat is not the problem, their policies and enforcement are the problem. There is no anti cheat software that people aren't going to be able to easily bypass. However here are some of their awful policies and procedures that makes cheating so bad in ark specifically even when compared to their peers like Rust.

-Garbge reporting system. You have to leave game and go to their website. Their website video uploader does not work for the vast majority of recordings. So then you have to upload the video to youtube unlisted.

-Bad philosophy on cheaters. Dollie has specifically said multiple times that they don't want to ban tribes because of individual cheaters. The problem is that this is a tribe game and so the meta is to have clean slots in your tribe that never cheat and dirty slots that do cheat. When the individual cheater gets banned (after months) they just make a new account and rejoin the same tribe and start cheating the same day for months longer. A cheater in the tribe should be a tribe wipe, be careful who you recruit next time.

-Awful response time and NO transparency. Again, compared to Rust who literally posts the names of people they ban on a dedicated twitter account. Ark will not tell you if your report resulted in an action, in contrast to most other developers who will literally send you a thank you message if you had a valid report that they acted on.

-They've also added multiple items and systems that DIRECTLY buff cheaters. Teleporters, cryopods, and cliff plats. Meshers couldn't have dreamed for an easier way to live in the mesh, Insanely easy to level post Extinction which means when a cheater gets banned they are level 100 again in a few hours or less. No speed limit on dinos, again in many other games if you go over a certain speed limit you will be auto banned. In ark people speed hack A TON with dinos going up to 1000% faster than intended and they do not get banned. Also good luck trying to spyglass them to get their info to report them. Also not adding unique names. They can't even track cheaters named human 123 transfering servers across their own network. The list goes on.

1 hour ago, deaduni said:

I do expect it to be new. Of course. Anything else would be weird. But the issue is that wildcard has not been able to deal with cheaters for years now. It is always a race between anti-cheat and cheat software, and wildcard not only lost that race, it seemed like they didnt even try in the past couple years. I am sure they will have an advantage in asa for a while, new cheats have to be developed first. But looking back in time, i really doubt that this advantage will last for long. Unless, and i do hope this is the case, wildcard suddenly learned how to deal with it and comes up with effective solutions.

This game is and always has been centered around the breeding

most people like the breeding you being the one whiney person doesn't make a difference

This game has not been centered around breeding before breeding was a thing. And i am not asking for breeding to be removed, just limited. I made a suggestion for it here if u wanna know my reasonings and ideas. I dont know how anybody can think years old dino lines are balanced or fun to play with, the strength of high end lines is way over the top. Also, no reason to call people whiney here.

the map absolutely needed an  update just because something isn't for you doesn't mean others won't enjoy it.

What is this referring to?