ark fatal error lost island (help)

marcymon

ive been getting fatal errors when trying to play on fjordur singleplayer that mention "lost island" even when i dont have the dlc installed. it worked just fine previously and i was able to play but now it crashes after loading for a while. ive already verified files and reinstalled mods by unsubbing and subbing again.does anyone have a solution ? (trying my best to avoid reinstalling the game entirely)

my steam collection with all the mods i was using : https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2854915869

fatal error crash log :

Spoiler

Fatal error!

VERSION: 358.17

ShooterGame.exe!UWorld::LoadFromFile() (0x00007ff66a2d0b29) + 3 bytes [f:\build\lostisland\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\world.cpp:6986]

ShooterGame.exe!AShooterGameMode::LoadWorld() (0x00007ff66852c5f1) + 2619 bytes [f:\build\lostisland\projects\shootergame\source\shootergame\private\shootergamemode.cpp:2754]

ShooterGame.exe!AShooterGameMode::InitGame() (0x00007ff6684f16e4) + 0 bytes [f:\build\lostisland\projects\shootergame\source\shootergame\private\shootergamemode.cpp:1525]

ShooterGame.exe!UWorld::InitializeActorsForPlay() (0x00007ff66a2c28ea) + 43 bytes [f:\build\lostisland\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\world.cpp:3244]

ShooterGame.exe!UEngine::LoadMap() (0x00007ff66a2986e1) + 0 bytes [f:\build\lostisland\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\unrealengine.cpp:10374]

ShooterGame.exe!UEngine::Browse() (0x00007ff66a29313d) + 46 bytes [f:\build\lostisland\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\unrealengine.cpp:9028]

ShooterGame.exe!UEngine::TickWorldTravel() (0x00007ff66a293e30) + 68 bytes [f:\build\lostisland\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\unrealengine.cpp:9200]

ShooterGame.exe!UGameEngine::Tick() (0x00007ff669fd8213) + 0 bytes [f:\build\lostisland\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\gameengine.cpp:1168]

ShooterGame.exe!FEngineLoop::Tick() (0x00007ff66777b9d9) + 0 bytes [f:\build\lostisland\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:2648]

ShooterGame.exe!GuardedMain() (0x00007ff66777632c) + 0 bytes [f:\build\lostisland\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:140]

ShooterGame.exe!GuardedMainWrapper() (0x00007ff66777cf4a) + 5 bytes [f:\build\lostisland\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:125]

ShooterGame.exe!WinMain() (0x00007ff66777d099) + 8 bytes [f:\build\lostisland\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:213]

ShooterGame.exe!__tmainCRTStartup() (0x00007ff66b333de1) + 21 bytes [f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c:618]

KERNEL32.DLL!UnknownFunction (0x00007ffe4fbb257d) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]

ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction (0x00007ffe51b4aa68) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]

ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction (0x00007ffe51b4aa68) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]

Ignore the references to "lostisland" in the crash log. That is where the source code of the game was on the dev's machine when the game was last compiled. Nothing to do with the map you are playing.

At a guess from the crash log it looks like your save game file is corrupted. You could try and delete (or maybe better, rename) Fjordur.ark, and then copy Fjordur_AntiCorruptionBackup.bak to Fjordur.ark.  (Have you maybe been playing the with -usestore and -newsaveformat launch settings as per the "guide" for running officials on your own machine?)

happened to me when i tried playing fjordur and lost island, after one session of playing it works just fine but once ive exited the game and tried to load the map again i get a fatal error. playing with mods btw but im not sure if theyre the issue https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2854915869 also replacing the save file with an older save didnt work for me, they all happened to be corrupt so i still dont know what went wrong (super frustrating)

anyone have a solution ?

• 6 months later...

this has been happening to me very often too, and i have a very small list for mods. i have lost at this 4 saves to this fatal error, and my friend has been getting them too when they try to run it. a theory that comes to me is that when u try to mess with the mod list or game settings post creation, it screws with something in the game, but i have not yet proven this

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Orionz said:

this has been happening to me very often too, and i have a very small list for mods. i have lost at this 4 saves to this fatal error, and my friend has been getting them too when they try to run it. a theory that comes to me is that when u try to mess with the mod list or game settings post creation, it screws with something in the game, but i have not yet proven this

Tried the following?

1 hour ago, invincibleqc said:

That should be it. If it still crash, then it's possible it's caused by something else. Upload your save(s) somewhere (e.g. Google Drive).

2 things. if i were to upload it would it, what would i do with it afterwards, two when i plugged in the force respawn, i couldn't find it in the launch option when it gave my the prompt for launch options, so i selected the average launch game option, would it still work in that scenario?

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, Orionz said:

2 things. if i were to upload it would it, what would i do with it afterwards

Share the link here (or via PM if you prefer) and I will look it out.

4 minutes ago, Orionz said:

two when i plugged in the force respawn, i couldn't find it in the launch option when it gave my the prompt for launch options, so i selected the average launch game option, would it still work in that scenario?

That sentence is a bit confusing, but in any case, the screenshot you shared above was the right place.