Moschops seems underrated - ASA preparation

HerbaServ

In preparation for ASA I am playing the Island with my wife on a dedicated server. Its quite something to not have access to the most used ASE engrams from expansion packs. Its back to the basic. ( no net traps, no egg incubators, no maewings, no striders ...)

Our first tame was a Moschop (level 110, raised its HP and Melee leveling up).  I have notice after killing a Trilobite that it collected a huge amount of chitins, like 5 times the amount you get with an axe or pickaxe. I tried it in the lower south cave and again got massive amount of chitins killing scorpions and spiders.

Later on, I spec its gathering for Organic Polymer.  Went up north to kill penguins with it. Got 3x the amount of poly per kill and the kill were super easy because it does AOE damage and does not have knockback effect.

I also killed a few low level Alpha raptors with it.  That thing is amazing. Note that when its not mounted, it always flees, regardless of stance.

And yet I dont see it mention at all in the wiki under chitin or polymer...

Edited by HerbaServ

2 hours ago, Noricha said:

They are also good for large eggs, if you want to make kibble.

Indeed,  makes purples kibbles to tame Anky, Deo and Castoroids

Our tame priorities were :

1. Moschops

2. Argentivis with prime meat

3. Anky from herbo island

4. Deo.

5. Castoroids

Edited by HerbaServ

The kibble is also good for taming Megatheriums and Stegos, both Dino’s are good to have when you’re starting out.  You can stand on the back of a stego if you need to reach something up high that needs repairs, and they collect a lot of wood.  Megatheriums can hold a lot of weight, collect chitin, berries, can fight well too.

19 hours ago, HerbaServ said:

In preparation for ASA I am playing the Island with my wife on a dedicated server. Its quite something to not have access to the most used ASE engrams from expansion packs. Its back to the basic. ( no net traps, no egg incubators, no maewings, no striders ...)

As you have discovered, the usefulness of moschops is very situational. It depends on which map you're on, the server settings, what tames you already have, what engrams you've learned. It is a really cool concept of a dino, but it's greatest usefulness is when you're playing with limited access to critical resources.

My guess is that when ASA is new the moschops will be pretty useful (more useful than most people realize) but it will quickly become overshadowed as people get higher level tames for flying, harvesting, etc.