ARK Survival Ascended release platforms?

Wildeheart

ASA is supposed to release within the next 2 months and from varying reports Snail Games needs a cash flow.

So my question is why is it not yet listed on Steam? We know it is coming to XBox Series X/S and PS5 but still no mention other than PC. One would think if cash flow was needed now the game would be listed on Steam and accepting pre-orders but it is not....

It does not even have a page to wishlist which feels really odd with the game so close to release.

Edited by Wildeheart
spacing

• Volunteer Moderator

I've always assumed it isn't listed on Steam yet because they have no trailer or ingame screenshots to go with it yet, so there wouldn't be anything to entice people to wishlist it other than current ARK players.

As for pre-orders, I don't think Early Access titles generally do pre-orders.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Very good points, thank you. With nothing to show still they must really be crunching hard. Hope they are not burning themselves out especially since they now seem to have a harder deadline if the reports on the Nitrado deal details are true. 

Wouldn't mind personally if it returns to a similar EA as it was originally. Was always exciting and fun to get new content releases as they progressed the game. I miss those days bugs and all. :D

Edited by Wildeheart
added thoughts

2 hours ago, Wildeheart said:

Was always exciting and fun to get new content releases as they progressed the game. I miss those days bugs and all. :D

100% agreed - that was the most fun time in Ark of all. Catch is that this lot ain't really a new release, just e re-skin / re-master of that same game that we both enjoyed a LOT all those years ago.

• Like 1

Do consoles usually get early access games? I thought that was a PC thing. Let just say, hypothetically of course, wildcard failed to mention this little gem and the reason for so much silence is that they know dropping that bomb would cause destruction in the community. Can you imagine the next community crunch that actually releases something about ASA also states "..and at the end of early access we will release asa on consoles". It's actually not that hard to imagine with the train wreck of a company.

3 hours ago, GP said:

I've always assumed it isn't listed on Steam yet because they have no trailer or ingame screenshots to go with it yet, so there wouldn't be anything to entice people to wishlist it other than current ARK players.

As for pre-orders, I don't think Early Access titles generally do pre-orders.

Neither of those points are encouraging! 
1) Lets kill official ASE servers in favor of a "beta" release of the game

2) It's kinda soon to "beta" release date, and no assets (if you pardon the UE pun) yet to show

• Volunteer Moderator
6 hours ago, Yggdrassil said:

Do consoles usually get early access games?

Yes, the game was released to Xbox in EA months after it was released on PC in 2015. There's currently a bunch of EA games available. 

Edited by Joebl0w13