Help le small tribes.

TankinTBone

Suggestion

Before ark ascended comes out I would like to know if its gonna be a little dimmed down for smallers tribes. I play as a solo on smalls and I understand that I should not be stronger than the bigger tribes, but if I put in enough work I should be able to hold my own... im hoping if they fix a lot of the cheating it will feel more balanced, also they need some more base spots that r solo duo trio friendly because a lot of them are some doodoo unless you are trying to build in an alpha spot. Majority of people do not understand this side of trying to be a somewhat competitive solo player either. People are usually big tribes or just for fun have a nice stone hut on the beach, which to each is own, but now Im stuck in the middle. Plus right now with the state of the game you can just go on gen two and get urself a base and go to a map and not even get used to the map and build up. This new dino thatis coming out for center sounds good too ,but I bet their will only be a tek saddle and its gonna be basicaly for late game, and big tribes, its not gonna help someone say get a startup to move into a underwater cave or have room for a rep or something to make vacuum compartments to start a underwater base somewhere..... Im just ranting, what is ur guys opinions on it?

25 replies to this server topic

20 hours ago, TankinTBone said:

Before ark ascended comes out I would like to know if its gonna be a little dimmed down for smallers tribes.

As far as I know, no one knows that answer to this, I don't believe WC has said anything about small tribes for ASA. Unless they do say something, you should assume it will be exactly the same, because ASA is going to be almost exactly the same as ASE. Remarkably little is going to change, they have to get the game published on a short deadline and if they do anything other than port the game to UE5 then we should all be greatly surprised.

and I understand that I should not be stronger than the bigger tribes, but if I put in enough work I should be able to hold my own...

So one highly motivated person should be able to hold their own against 6 highly motivated people.

1 person should be able to tame as many dinos as 6 people.

1 person should be able to harvest as much as 6 people.

1 person should be able to do as much damage as 6 people.

1 person should be able to fight at 6-1 odds and still "hold their own".

The simple answer is, no, that's basically delusional. If the 6 person tribe was lazy and inexperienced then yes, you should be able to hold your own. But if you're one good player vs 6 good players then it should be obvious that you're going to lose every time.

im hoping if they fix a lot of the cheating it will feel more balanced

Please understand, they're not going to fix anything before ASA gets released. They might fix some things in the future, but they don't have time to do anything other than migrate ARK from running inside of UE4 to running inside of UE5. If there are any improvements to ARK those improvements are going to be built in to UE5, but there won't be any changes to game balance or any of the core game mechanics of how ARK works. This is not a new game, it's not a rewrite, it's not different, it's only being moved from UE4 t oUE5.

also they need some more base spots that r solo duo trio friendly because a lot of them are some doodoo unless you are trying to build in an alpha spot.

Why do they need to do that? You're not playing on a "solo tribes" server, it's as "small tribes" server. When you join a server that's intended for 6-person tribes then it's only common sense to assume that they're not going to have a lot of good spots for solo-duo-trio tribes, the tribes are supposed to be 6-people, end of story.

Mind you, if you want to suggest that they should have some servers for solo-tribe PvP, that's understandable and if that's what you want then you should suggest it. But it's rather silly to expect them to make a small tribe server better for you because you want to play solo.

Majority of people do not understand this side of trying to be a somewhat competitive solo player either.

They're not supposed to understand it, because that's not what the server is for. Have you ever tried playing basketball solo against 5 people? It doesn't go well for the solo player. Have you ever tried to join a bowling league and bowl against 6-person teams? That doesn't go well either. So why would you try to solo ARK against 6-person teams, that doesn't make sense. If you choose to play small tribes then it's your responsibility to understand you will always be outgunned and be willing to accept the consequences of that choice.

what is ur guys opinions on it?

Make friends with 5 people.

14 minutes ago, TankinTBone said:

You are already wrong when a 6 man tribe can thrive on official

Yeah, made a mistake and misread something. I thought you were asking for help for solo players on the "Small Tribes servers" when you were just asking for help for solo players on a standard server.

So, take everything I said and multiply it by more. A solo player should never, ever expect to be able to hold their own against large tribes, that's just foolish. If you play solo on a standard PvP server then you have to expect everything bad that will happen to you.

Edited by Pipinghot

On 8/26/2023 at 3:23 PM, TankinTBone said:

I don't understand your argument,  there is zero chance to defend solo against a tribe of six on smalls even half arsed players would be near impossible.

Why not ask or try to start a forum petition to get a solo cluster, that would be your only chance. 

Or just get some friends because it is not a solo game.

42 minutes ago, TankinTBone said:

thats not fair when i just said a 6 man can go on offiical and do what a solo cant on smalls

Nope. You're making up a fake argument because you think it sounds good. A 6-person tribe on Officials will have just as hard a time, and get just as much destroyed, as a solo player on small tribe servers.

it makes sense but u people dont wanna understand

Nope again, the only one here that doesn't want to understand is you.

and you might b right about that but that does not mean you or the company isnt wrong

Ummm, what? Yeah, that's exactly what it means. If he's right about it then it definitely means he's not wrong.

and i already stated why i wouldnt mind going against 234 man tribes but the difference is that a 6 man can go on offiicla and fend off against a mega and survive

Nope. Still not true. You're making up a fake argument and hoping that people fall for it.

but a solo just gets offlined or rushed because they only one person its really simple u 2 r just narrow minded

Nope. You're too busying having a tantrum to listen. We'll see how that works out for you.

As a player who has played solo most of the time on ark PvP (PlayStation) I think you have to accept that you can’t play the game the way a bigger tribe plays. I try to always accept that if I get found, I’ll get raided. So it’s all about being a ghost on the server and spreading out your loot in hiding spots. I’ve heard that PC is full of cheaters who can find pretty much anything though. Console isn’t so bad for this.

I would like to see WC make changes to the raiding meta though. I think it should be harder to raid people. I think early game is fairly balanced but once people start breeding 100k HP+ stegos and turtles etc. Then the raiding meta just becomes broken imo

• Thanks 2

You are already wrong when a 6 man tribe can thrive on official its just the mega that will be a problem but the 6 man can get into a good position to where they can defend i dont even get a chance i get offlined after a hour or overnight or just rushed in a 6x base spot that isnt even that strong . So what you are saying is screw the smallers groups... i wouldnt expect you to understand also small tribes and official are the only modes that dont wipe and are not boosted heavily... plus i wouldnt even like duos or solo it dont make sense its called small tribes for a reason. and i wouldnt need 5 others i really only need one other person and id be chilling if they were similar to me and i am lazy to a point its hard to be motivated when smaller tribes r heavily nerfed plus if i did gen two i wouldnt need anyone but i dont play like that i have used ele dust for boss fights i used it for element for a rep because i dont want to take much time because im against the clock and a quick start, but its not fun my ego is too big for solo or duos only... plus u act like its easy to find people out their with quality personalities... thats crazy even if you one person this isnt a game its like a job  and people can be very toxic and abusive honestly ... thats y im solo i play better because im the only person i can trust......... if you are buying a game relying on friend you are already doing it wrong I used to do that as u mature you understand its not the way to go excuse my spelling . And i hope ur wrong about it being the same just a reskin if thats true im gonna have to get stuck on another game and totally avoid this one you are right that i should never be able to fight against 6 people but if i build a decent enough base and get gear I should be able to defend myself not raid them but defend myself. Also they should understand it that is a very ignorant viewpoint from ur side...i just know this game is super one sided and needs some balancing..... also about the bases crystal isles was the map that really helped me get into solo but alot of the base spots are 2 entrances there is king rat but its so popular you wouldnt surive unless u grinded ur soul away to get to tek and even then you might not have a chance, there are other spots underwater but they are super big i would need a good setup and gear an even then you could still get offlined. and you are right i am self centered but so is everyone else, also this would help the game for smaller tribe friendly more good base spots more pvp opportunities... its really a win win . Appease to the customer is a smart thing to do people do it all the time. I dont even know if i put this but as far as i know small tribes and official are the only ones that dont wipe after a month and arnt super duper boosted it might be said sorry im a forgetful person.

when i say official i mean 1x where you can be in a mega .... i call smalls small tibes or whatever its official but its not official official... that is how i started i played in a big tribe then played with a mega so i have an idea of how multiple tribes work and how crazy it is in a mega if i have assistance i can breed 40+soakers in one session with the convenience of tek tele giga and all that.. this is actually the last time i say anything to you.

thats not fair when i just said a 6 man can go on offiical and do what a solo cant on smalls it makes sense but u people dont wanna understand ..... and you might b right about that but that does not mean you or the company isnt wrong and i already stated why i wouldnt mind going against 234 man tribes but the difference is that a 6 man can go on offiicla and fend off against a mega and survive but a solo just gets offlined or rushed because they only one person its really simple u 2 r just narrow minded

• Facepalm 1

And you people might say life's not fair, well that's bull. there are some good ratholes, but their potential is super limited in how many turrets you can get in there already said there are some that r strong they r so popular you can hardly manage them I don't even try to build in them.  and then after that there are pretty much mega tribe and alpha tribes spots that you can build 150 turrets and be good but what about the in between. Again this is base off of the game state of the game. You all cna say what you want but to me i make sense and that's all that matters.

Also with the meta how it is solos defending would be the same thing because of the narrow chokepoints you can generally get 1 soaker in at a time maybe two. It is pretty much the same thing. The efficiency might be a little bit better. Granted I build cliff plats but that's a different problem you can just get rushed, also a lot of the caves or ratholes r 6 times or if they are 1x they have 2 entrances to attack from which puts a solo even if they have gear to defend which generally they r trying to farm a base they cant defend 2 entrances when they r one person. you already lost. i know how official works ive played it there were people in valg oil cave and they were fine and we had a 2 or 3 man built in the ocean and they never got raided i dont know because of the alliance but yea you must not have the same excperiences as me