Community Crunch 374: The Center Creature Submissions, EVO Event, and More!

StudioWildcard

1 hour ago, ShadowShadex said:

It got the most votes from the community, so it is what we voted for.

what they mean is wildcards design for it has strayed super far from the original design  and not in a good way like the Fasalo or the Rhynio. this is my opinion but i think they should redo the design for it.

• Confused 3

2 hours ago, RaephClark said:

So out of curiosity…after all the creature submissions are done for every map (DLC and story), will that be it for creature submissions? If not, do you guys have anything more planned? I was thinking it’ll be cool to do specific creature submissions, such as one for all shoulder pets, all aquatics, all flyers, etc. 

Thoughts?

And another question: I know the team enforced a new rule to limit each submitter to one win and that’s it. But as a submission creator myself—both art and writing-wise—maybe the rule could be at least altered so creators can submit something at least for every other vote? Like they can’t partake in the one after they win but can two or three votes from now. 

And lastly, as a fun suggestion: would the team be willing to have honorable mentions for the Top 10 votes after the winner has been announced? I feel as though those who worked hard to write and illustrate their creatures should at least receive some recognition. There’s so many that have the capability to shine and I think it might help bring everyone together! 

I wasn’t sure who to message directly about this, so I figured I’d put it here.

I wish everyone luck on their creature submissions! Let’s survive the ARK…TOGETHER! ✌🏻🐆

I'm all for categorized votes! Sounds fun!!!! 

Forever a true tribemate, my friend! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, billy1122 said:

I think the center is empty the map is needed more than one endemic

yea i was thinking it would be cool to see more than ONE winner seeing as the center was the first mod map added and it didnt get any new creatures where as lost island and Fjirder (probly butchered that) both got 3 new creatures and rag is getting its 3rd with he gigantoraptor (the other two being the griffin and the ice wyvern witch were both originaly added with rag)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheTwistedKeeper said:

it's always felt really unfinished compared to the rests of the maps. Sorta of like an island reskin to me.

If memory serves it started as a mod map, one of the earliest at that so I’m not terribly surprised that it’s pretty barebones compared to what came after. It definitely could use a touch up though. Having the only defining features be a skullcano and lots of water really doesn’t do that much to make it stand out compared to something like ragnarok or another mod map like crystal isles

Edited by CosmicSkeleton

"Submitters are only eligible to win the creature vote once."

If players do not want a creature, it will not make it into the final 10. If they want it, it will consistently make it into the final 10. Artificially limiting options, and calling it diversity, and giving others a chance to win, is the same as removing fair competition. If that rule was in competitive sports, the next year of competition would be a disappointment, since the ones who win will constantly be thinking, "am I really the best? I did not beat last years champion. So am I really the best when the already confirmed best was not allowed to play?" Then the champions of two consecutive years would not be able to compete against each other. So now you will never know who is the better competitor. If this rule existed, or continues to exist here, you should expect riots in both the real world, and in the Ark community. Nobody wants to be FORCED to settle.

We only get a select few chances to vote on new creatures. So they better be the best of the best there is to offer. Otherwise, the players will question the validity of each vote, and what is the point if the best does not even get to compete, thanks to an illogical rule that prevents them from even entering the competition?

Fix this rule, by making it go away. If one person ends up being the submitter for all ten creatures that make it to the final vote, so be it. If they do so for the remainder of the future votes, so be it. Anyone that has a problem with that does not believe in fair competition, and is disregarding the opinions of the community, and simply want their way, regardless of how it negatively affects others. Submission submitters should want their submission to win because that is what everyone in the community wants, and not because it is simply what THEY (the submitter) want, and what they think is best for themselves. "They already had their win/chance. Why not let someone else have a chance?" is a pathetic, and crappy way of thinking, and should be rejected EVERY time.

I personally want to see the Chimera, the Eurika, the miracinonyx, and the Shunosaurus in every vote until they are in the game. Esspecially the Shunosaurus, since we have low level carnivores, and higher tier carnivores, but we do not have a higher tier gatherer. Everyone is either using the beginner tames for the whole game, or they get a stryder for late game, which is not a dino, and map specific, and the last map at that. The idea of replacing my doedic/anky carried by argent combo, with a Shunosaurus carried by Rhynio combo for late game sounds fun.

Edited by BlakeEIves
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

I hope that this creature for The Center does not have feathers. Ragnarok got a feathered creature, Aberration got a feathered creature, if The Center gets a bird, then I am NOT getting the UE5 ARK. It will have too many fliers. I mean, fliers are a good thing, but only those that can regenerate stamina while not moving, but still flying.

• Facepalm 4

4 hours ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

If memory serves it started as a mod map, one of the earliest at that so I’m not terribly surprised that it’s pretty barebones compared to what came after. It definitely could use a touch up though. Having the only defining features be a skullcano and lots of water really doesn’t do that much to make it stand out compared to something like ragnarok or another mod map like crystal isles

It was, that's also part of my reasoning. All of the other maps are amazing & stick out in there one way, the center is just sort of bleh compared to all of that.  

Now this isn't The Center exclusive, but it also be amazing if each non-story map got their own obelisk bosse(s), like the Crystal Isles with the wyvern queen, along with a unique dodo varient to pair along with the dodo rex & dodo wyvern. Plus making everything tameable-breedable, at least for solo peeps if it be to OP for anything else.

Dose of reality: ASA isn’t coming out anytime soon.

Q1 2024. I’ll be shocked if we see it this year and I bet they don’t show a single screenshot until the end of September.

That said, excited for the Center. Unsure why it never got the proper love. When I think of “the golden years” of Ark I’m always thinking about the Center. It has an atmosphere that many of the other maps lack. 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

Oh sweet summer child, the first tangible thing people will see regarding how things are in game won’t happen until the game releases in 2087.

I wonder how many checks they will have sent Vin Diesel by this time. Will be great for my grandchildren to watch the first episode of the animated series in 2090. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, Vakarian said:

Anyway, I have the feeling that somehow bots could have been involved in the vote for the Yi qi, if you look at the course of the vote.

Dude it’s a ranked vote. If youths creature you used as your number one lost, the animal in second place becomes your number one. Yi Qi was number 5 or 6 for a lot of people so when a lot of other options went down, that automatically made the Yi qi win. Just because your favorite creature didn’t win doesn’t mean the vote was bottled and while I get how some people hate therapods, they still will probably figure a niche for the Yi. I hope you read this and understand what I’m saying.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MalarOpossum867 said:

I hope that this creature for The Center does not have feathers. Ragnarok got a feathered creature, Aberration got a feathered creature, if The Center gets a bird, then I am NOT getting the UE5 ARK. It will have too many fliers. I mean, fliers are a good thing, but only those that can regenerate stamina while not moving, but still flying.

Dude the Gigantoraptor and Yi aren’t fliers so they didn’t add fliers. Did you even see what they even did?

Lolololololol this is making fun off us fans, another useless comunity crunch. This is the 6th (i think) follow up comunity crunch, without anything good to see and read! 
What happening with u wildcard? 
Get real and say something, show samething or talk to ur fans, is that too hard to do?

U have people that want to help and u ignore everyone!!!!!!!!!!! 
I really don’t get it.

So much to talk and clarify, but no u still continue with this comunity crunch nonsense.

And on top of that the last voted creature is horrible, a friking giant dodo?!?!?! 

• Facepalm 1