Community Crunch 373: Yi Ling Concept Art, Creature Submissions, and More!

StudioWildcard

12 hours ago, Duffmek said:

Yup it WILL be another nightmare no pods or maewings plus all the little extras we have from the other DLC's missing too UNLESS since if you BUY ASA you get access to all the other DLC's for free which 'unlocks' the tech? - doubtful but people can dream I suppose.

Personally I am just going to sit back and watch a few youtubes for a few weeks to see how bad the poop is - I am still reallllly against even touching it in regards to buying it AGAIN - I will be glad when the official actually get turned off tbh.

It is nonsensical to think they would release ASA without cryopods. Where is this take even coming from? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Voidtoker said:

It is nonsensical to think they would release ASA without cryopods. Where is this take even coming from? 

It would be fair to start like the rest of us without incubators and cryopods.  It's called survival as I add that today's farm rates are already higher than in those years.

frist giga xd 2 week 3 ppl / 3h only farm meat on the island no ball no incubator no tek engram LoL 

It was a game.

37 minutes ago, Voidtoker said:

Dollie has mentioned it on twitter more than once that they were leaning towards releasing ASA without “recent dlc additions”, such as cryopods, net guns etc. I don’t have twitter so I can’t login to find post but it’s there I’m sure.  I hope they do change their minds on that though because yes it is hands down, the single thing that helped the most with sever tame caps and performance.

13 minutes ago, Noffek said:

It would be fair to start like the rest of us without incubators and cryopods.  It's called survival as I add that today's farm rates are already higher than in those years.

frist giga xd 2 week 3 ppl / 3h only farm meat on the island no ball no incubator no tek engram LoL 

It was a game.

Yeah until the time say extinction gets released and we finally get cryopods back, we’re looking at a lot, if not most, servers at tame cap due to the massive amount of breeding that a player has to do just to face alpha broodmother and megapithicus on the island.  Not talking about dragon or the tek cave.  Going into the alpha brood fight with even mediocre tames = getting your butt handed to you.  That is if you plan on doing the old school way and not cheesing it.  The point I’m trying to get at is, even if say 4-5 tribes out of the entire server start doing serious breeding for bosses, just the breed the stats that are needed to win those fights and the different strategies (Rex=monkey, megatherium=brood and their= dragon), we’re talking about hundreds of tames by the time the teams are finished, servers would be at tame cap inside 4 months guaranteed, not talking about the regular tribe cap.  We’ve experienced that before, and I personally don’t want to go through it again.

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Noffek said:

It was a game.

I played for years and did heavy alpha tribe breeding on official servers so I understand that grind very well.

I would never play this game again without cryopods. It is the largest QOL addition they have made by far. 

The take is nonsensical. Cryopods will be in ASA at launch. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Voidtoker said:

Woah woah woah, ADDRESS CRYOPODS.

I will never play this game without Cryopods. If you launch AsA without them I will move on. It’s legit my ONLY “you lost my sale”.

I’m not building a 50 foundation base to house Theris……..

thats the thing though i believe it was DLC extinction when cryopods and fridges got introduced and if WC keep it as that for re-releasing it then omg arrgggghhhhh, similar to maewings ..... all are a massive QOL adjustment.

So far i cannot recall anything saying these will be released on the island so it could be a LONG wait till we get them and that will hurt all these 'newer' players who thought they where part of the base game .... either way time will or wont tell at this point.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Noffek said:

It was a game.

6 hours ago, ccz2887 said:

Dollie has mentioned it on twitter more than once that they were leaning towards releasing ASA without “recent dlc additions”

at the moment we are only "interpreting from the little information that fails to clarify us" and any hypothesis can be valid but, even if we propose the DLCs only later and therefore originally we should have waited for Extintion, today the Criopods are enabled in every map including TheIsland, you don't need to have the Ext DLC and you don't need to move to Ext or other extra maps to unlock them... so the observation "who said that the Criopods won't be there?" is also valid, nobody said anything... and really for this "nothing" that doubts arise... just another of the annoying silences.... perhaps it serves to see if we complain more about what will and what won't be there? mahhhh.....

Edited by CervantesMor
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, ccz2887 said:

Dollie has mentioned it on twitter more than once that they were leaning towards releasing ASA without “recent dlc additions”, such as cryopods, net guns etc. I don’t have twitter so I can’t login to find post but it’s there I’m sure.  I hope they do change their minds on that though because yes it is hands down, the single thing that helped the most with sever tame caps and performance.

55 days til Oct 1... and we know for sure  only that name is Ark Survival Ascended and cost is (as of today) Early Access price point of $44.99 with a launch-discount bringing it to $39.99

On 8/6/2023 at 11:02 AM, Jakethatsme said:

I still play on official servers. And yes, as it's dying, there's still are some good people on my server. Hit me up when ASA comes out. I love having friends that want to play that are not toxic. And I will agree that everything is an Apex predator that has came out. The voting  should never have became a thing its  just a cover up for them. Not to give us the biweekly updates. No creature that has been won Is a resource Dino or herby ? Everything has stupid ways of taming them. It discouraged me someone that has played the game for 7 and a 1/2 years from even wanting to buy the game. Because how s***** the taming is Let's get back to traq  darts and passive tames. And egg stealing I think with the introduction of babies. It's going to throw the game off. Unless that's how you start taming by stealing babies. But if that's the case, that's just a rip-off of Conan. But I'm not buying it till I see game play and going to let the servers cool down. Cus you know on day one it's going to be so full the lag is going to be Horrific and there will be no place to build cus ppl are going to pillar everthing but the swamps  if that's not . I think if the devs are smarthey will make it to where you cannot build around. Resource spawns explore notes. And loot drops. Then there will be no reason to pillar, and if you get caught pillaring, you get tribe whiped Because as we speak on my server, you have people who have built bases around Explorer notes. So nobody can get in that is on ground you have to fly in. And since the game is dying, they don't hold up their end of the code of conduct where you're not supposed to block waterways or beaches because it's ridiculous, so let's just hope they stick to their code of conduct on this game. Because I'm not down with the b******* where you can't travel onground. Because everybody has behemoth gates everywhere. Well, there's a lot going to change. Raptors are now going to be able to hunt you down by sense to smell. Sight and hearing gillie is gonna be almost useless if you're walking through bushes and it makes noise. But we will have to see

Good point, and hopefully the keep up their end that it will also be cross-platform and cross progression 

2 hours ago, Frack said:

55 days til Oct 1... and we know for sure  only that name is Ark Survival Ascended and cost is (as of today) Early Access price point of $44.99 with a launch-discount bringing it to $39.99

And that the trees and supply drips, and buildings will look different, don't forget about the important stuff. Graphics are all they care about, not game breaking bugs...

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, CervantesMor said:

at the moment we are only "interpreting from the little information that fails to clarify us" and any hypothesis can be valid but, even if we propose the DLCs only later and therefore originally we should have waited for Extintion, today the Criopods are enabled in every map including TheIsland, you don't need to have the Ext DLC and you don't need to move to Ext or other extra maps to unlock them... so the observation "who said that the Criopods won't be there?" is also valid, nobody said anything... and really for this "nothing" that doubts arise... just another of the annoying silences.... perhaps it serves to see if we complain more about what will and what won't be there? mahhhh.....

You are right, this is all a great speculation, but cps might only come when extinction launches. We will just have to wait untill mid 2024 for asa to come out (speculation) 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CervantesMor said:

Read that we describe how many players did not play without cryopods.  If she were to be TheIsland as originally, she couldn't have cryopoda.  If this was done, you wouldn't buy the game yourself because you can't play without cryopods?  And I didn't write that TheIsland will be without cryopoda.  Know get off me.  The lack of cryopods at the launch of ASA would be a disappointment for many players, and would create a sales problem as I wrote earlier.

Not to mention it was the Ark Challenge to grow a gig or a few rexes at much lower farming rates without a Teka, Incubator, or Cryopod.  Now it's child's play because you don't have to look after the food in the trough every few hours.  Not to mention the late nights.  Now we use dinos to feed babies and cryopods to store them while we go to sleep, for example.

So everything written here is speculation?  Recounting the past of the ARK is not speculation.  Only regarding ASA or ARK2 we can speculate because nothing has been shown so far.

Edited by Noffek

17 hours ago, ccz2887 said:

Yeah until the time say extinction gets released and we finally get cryopods back, we’re looking at a lot, if not most, servers at tame cap due to the massive amount of breeding that a player has to do just to face alpha broodmother and megapithicus on the island.  Not talking about dragon or the tek cave.  Going into the alpha brood fight with even mediocre tames = getting your butt handed to you.  That is if you plan on doing the old school way and not cheesing it.  The point I’m trying to get at is, even if say 4-5 tribes out of the entire server start doing serious breeding for bosses, just the breed the stats that are needed to win those fights and the different strategies (Rex=monkey, megatherium=brood and their= dragon), we’re talking about hundreds of tames by the time the teams are finished, servers would be at tame cap inside 4 months guaranteed, not talking about the regular tribe cap.  We’ve experienced that before, and I personally don’t want to go through it again.

Very very true, and well put, and also, are they going to add four times the servers, like 6k when gen2 is released. This game is supposed to be full crossplay and crosspro. More serves for 3x the players, just think about that too. If they have less than 1.5k servers at launch... imagine!!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Noffek said:

Read that we describe how many players did not play without cryopods.  If she were to be TheIsland as originally, she couldn't have cryopoda.  If this was done, you wouldn't buy the game yourself because you can't play without cryopods?  And I didn't write that TheIsland will be without cryopoda.  Know get off me.  The lack of cryopods at the launch of ASA would be a disappointment for many players, and would create a sales problem as I wrote earlier.

Not to mention it was the Ark Challenge to grow a gig or a few rexes at much lower farming rates without a Teka, Incubator, or Cryopod.  Now it's child's play because you don't have to look after the food in the trough every few hours.  Not to mention the late nights.  Now we use dinos to feed babies and cryopods to store them while we go to sleep, for example.

Fsfsfs. Hopefully they don't make the mistake and change the rates to the original, as a breeder, it socks without tek, or cp, or even maewings. I usually just breed and others raise, I gotta pull out the spreadsheets for Asa if you know what I mean 

6 minutes ago, Huntdad5 said:

Fsfsfs. Hopefully they don't make the mistake and change the rates to the original, as a breeder, it socks without tek, or cp, or even maewings. I usually just breed and others raise, I gotta pull out the spreadsheets for Asa if you know what I mean 

I think I have my notes from hardcore kennel somewhere, so I'll call it that.  And the name fits better.  As for the rates, it would be a tragedy for breeders and diggers.  Just building on x1 was insanely difficult.  But the right concept and everything worked like clockwork.

And that was ARK, crazy hard for novice breeders without the support of CP, Incubator etc.  And the bases were swarming around farms and obelisks.

3 minutes ago, Noffek said:

I think I have my notes from hardcore kennel somewhere, so I'll call it that.  And the name fits better.  As for the rates, it would be a tragedy for breeders and diggers.  Just building on x1 was insanely difficult.  But the right concept and everything worked like clockwork.

And that was ARK, crazy hard for novice breeders without the support of CP, Incubator etc.  And the bases were swarming around farms and obelisks.

I built up mainly solo also, and everything was a nightmare. I love to breed and build, i just love the game, but if there is no one to share it with, it isn't worth the grind for me. I love the work of the community, and how much fun teamwork is, being a loner sucks in this game, and that is why I quit. 

• Like 2