Ark Ascended Questions

Justin990406

On 10/15/2023 at 2:23 PM, Ruggin said:

Just wondering if the devs, or modders could make some new maps, I'd really like to see an ocean type map that utilizes the water dinos more and even has water dino boss battles I think it would really be fun as I love the ocean aspect of the maps but hate how the creatures really serve little purpose 

That DLC was called ATLAS.  Had pirate theme with modular ships.   It was such a good DLC SNAIL decided it needed to be its own game (but forgot to delete the ARK menu from the code which defeated their claims it was an entirely new game worth the money and not just a mod)

So I have no clue about this as I read through all of the posts etc. May have missed a post/communication somewhere. So I will just ask..

Do steam players currently have access to cross servers that eventually will be crossed with pc,xbox,Playstation players? If yes I'll ask another question and if no then disregard.

If yes then why on earth would that be an offered as a server right now and why would you join it without the intent of being further ahead that the other 3 platforms? Seems like it would take the fun out of ark knowing your weeks/months ahead of the other platforms 😏

Also if yes then I would say once the all platforms are released then there should be a new set of cross servers that supports all 4 platforms with a fresh start. I don't want to play catchup but I can see some people finding a challenge in joining a server that's already ahead (Just not me, I suck at pvp in the first place 😅). I know that would be telling the steamers that you either roll a fresh character on one of these new servers or stick to the server that you believed would lead to an advantage in the long run. But putting the overall community before just one seems like it would be fair by adding new cross servers and have the option to either join or stay with previous cross servers.

Disclaimer: all of this could have been addressed in a Cc or another dev post but I just haven't seen it and it's still unclear to me. So don't flame me if that's the case lol. I'm bored and curious.

11 hours ago, Rashawn said:

Do steam players currently have access to cross servers that eventually will be crossed with pc,xbox,Playstation players? If yes I'll ask another question and if no then disregard,

As far as I know, they do not. I believe the cross play servers will be new servers that they bring up when crossplay is introduced.

• Volunteer Moderator
11 hours ago, Rashawn said:

Do steam players currently have access to cross servers that eventually will be crossed with pc,xbox,Playstation players? If yes I'll ask another question and if no then disregard.

As per previous announcements prior to ASA launch there will be the following:

A) Xbox/PlayStation only crossplay servers

B) Xbox/PlayStation/Windows crossplay servers

C) Steam only servers

When crossplay is fully introduced, once Wildcard have rapid cert for consoles, then B & C servers will merge.

Whether they will create new crossplay servers is unknown. This information was obviously what was given prior to the ASA launch.

10 hours ago, GP said:

As per previous announcements prior to ASA launch there will be the following:

A) Xbox/PlayStation only crossplay servers

B) Xbox/PlayStation/Windows crossplay servers

C) Steam only servers

When crossplay is fully introduced, once Wildcard have rapid cert for consoles, then B & C servers will merge.

Whether they will create new crossplay servers is unknown. This information was obviously what was given prior to the ASA launch.

Would it not make sense to wipe the servers when they merge, I mean otherwise Steam players will have had much longer to build up.